Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

Mu Zeta posted:

Also the blindness and toxin slug storylines are right out of a lovely mid-season episode of star trek. But other than that I loved the season.
It seemed to me like the blindness and slugs were a metaphor for humanity's situation exploring the rings. We don't know what's out there, and just touching the wrong thing means death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

double nine posted:

when was this?

S04E08 - The One-Eyed Man, while she is getting ready to give a speech about the outcome of the marine mission.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
I noticed a common theme from the show's most critical fans:

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

Really hoping S6 takes place mostly on exo planets. Really tired of Earth/Mars/Belt drama.

And this quote regarding Season 1:

Zzulu posted:

There was nothing particularly good about it. I liked the last episode when things actually happened

I wonder how many folks here are watching only for alien poo poo, praying it turns into Mass Effect instead of being a show centered around human politics.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

Phanatic posted:

When the earth destroys a Belter station and none of the Belter characters seem to give even the tiniest poo poo about it, the Mass Effect stuff is more realistic than the human politics stuff.

That's a good critique, but saying nothing happened in Season 1 until the protomolecule gets loose just leads to hate-watching.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

What the writers are doing on social media is embarrassing. The art should stand on it's own, virtue signalling and getting into pissfights with fans degrades both ends of the creative process.

This lines up perfectly with my theory that anyone who complains about virtue signalling is really saying "I am a tremendous rear end in a top hat."

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

splifyphus posted:

That perfect moment of a wide open universe to explore is being retroactively spoiled by the show's refusal to actually go exploring.

Hey, we all almost died horribly on that alien planet, let's do that every week! [cue Star Trek theme]

EDIT: But I would really love to see an Expanse Anthology Series spin-off with each season being a self contained story on the other new worlds.

Tequila25 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 5, 2021

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
Wait, are we talking BSG 1978 or BSG 2004?

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

Cojawfee posted:

Rolling a hard six is a craps thing I think.

Yup. "Hard six" is rolling two threes in craps. When you bet on hard six, rolling six any other way still is a loss. Overall, it's a 3% probability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

gfarrell80 posted:

At what point is a citizen morally culpable for the system they live in, especially in a supposed democracy?

Probably not to the point where someone like Bin Laden is justified in nuking New York, Washington D.C. and L.A.