Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

bou posted:

https://imgur.com/Ylirbt3

Absolute top tier Amos moment.

Binged the season over a day because I have a lot of free time and little self-control. I was surprised they spent as much time as they did (ep10)on the planet, as I expected them to resolve that faster and move on to book 5 territory. Guess they didn't wanna end it in the middle of a book like they did with the first two seasons. Not sure yet if that was a good decision since I haven't really had time to process the whole thing, but overall it was an enjoyable season. Gonna be watching it again in january with my gf at a more reasonable pace, it'll be interesting to see how it holds up on second viewing.

I missed Naomi's old haircut. And Anna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Oasx posted:

Question about Mars: Did we find out why so many people are suddenly looking for work?

with the war over they're downsizing their military

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Snowman Crossing posted:

The election subplot was the only part I found kinda tedious

As much as I love Avasarala I didn't really care for this. It didn't give us any new character development and I just don't see the point of it.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah it did, you just don't see it

General spoilers for the season: What though? We already knew she was a mean old hag who wants to win at any cost. There's a character who says as much to her face in episode 3 or 4 of the first season. That despite everything she has a soft spot for her family? Again, something we learned in season 1. I just don't see what additional info about her we got about her this season

Season 5 speculation: If Marco just drops a rock on Gao and Avasarala ends up back in charge this whole thing will be so disappointing. I hope that's not gonna happen, but they did make a point of getting her off Earth while also leaving her husband there to provide an emotional hook

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Skippy McPants posted:

Pedantic question, but how did the Rocinante end up with a rail gun? I remember the show mentioning it was remarkable that the Protogen ships carried rail guns and they were bigger than the Roci, right? A followup, but are independent warships and privateers a thing in this setting, or is the Roci a special snowflake in that regard? Like, who sells them ammo and parts for their advanced martian warship?

In the books it's a pretty major retrofit that they get done somewhere in the Belt. I forget exactly where, maybe Tycho? They're mentioned as doing a bunch of pirate hunting and such to make money. Ammo isn't too hard to come by and as we saw this season martian tech isn't exactly impossible to obtain.

Independent gunships are a thing, but they're more like what we saw Ashford's ship being this season. The Roci obviously has an edge being as advanced as it is.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Avasarala would be 'Stilleto'.

Very mild book spoiler: She would be Chrissie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Tarquinn posted:

Except for them killing the only Belter I actually genuinely liked

Check out this sicko who doesn't like Prax.