Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Class Warcraft posted:

Only on Episode 2, but this is the best part so far:

~~investigatory synth music~~

I almost burst out laughing at the ~~dark music~~ subtitle in the first episode when Holden is giving Naomi her shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Oasx posted:

He was a good guy in Torchwood.

He was a rapist in Torchwood.

He was a good guy in Pacific Rim, even if he didn't particularly like his dumbass co-worker.

The joke about his having 'one of those faces' was pretty hilarious, though, given that he's apparently a really nice guy in real life.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

logikv9 posted:

i remember Stargate sg-1 and the goa'uld affinity for Canadian planets

I mean, it's quite a lovely template, I'd take it over the sand planets any day of the week.

edit: Seriously, what the gently caress was wrong with Ra that he wanted to hang out on that shithole, lovely transplanted population aside. The clearest example of just how much all of the other Goa'uld disliked him was that they didn't let him hang out on any of the nice planets.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

SpookyLizard posted:

maybe ra just liked sand and deserts, also pretty sure he was running around the galaxy, since he was basically head system lord.

they did a real good job of making me not think about Ilus being on Canada.

Yeah, I actually literally thought to myself 'wait, did they shoot this in New Zealand, in Mordor-Land, or maybe Icela-...wait, of course, it's in Canada. Probably some horrible quarry in northern Ontario.'.

So, pretty good!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I assume that since they were protomolecule bullshit technology moons, they may have not actually worked by the same manner of reflected illumination that that regular moons do, but rather, been generating light of their own through some internal protomolecule bullshit technology.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Svaha posted:

They definitively can't get replacement parts from Mars, as they are still a little salty about the whole legitimate salvage thing. The ship gets patched up with whatever they can find, so yeah, it's a special snowflake.

Not officially, anyway, but given Mars' current issues...

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Who is Cap'n and Boss? I mean I'm guessing Holden is Cap'n so who's Boss?

e: It's Naomi? She's the only one not on there and wasn't there a scene in the first season where he turned to her to ask for permission to kill Holden?

Boss is definitely Naomi. Cap'n is Holden. Peaches is Melba, he calls her that in their conversation in the first episode. My Best Friend is Prax.

Avasarala would be 'Stilleto'.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Huh, Katoa's dad had that role in book 4/would be season 4? I know he only got one scene in season 2, but that could have actually been really interesting for him to be in that position in season 4, particularly given that they hunted down and murdered his son in season 3. Lots of stuff to work with there.

I like Lucia, so it's fine that he wasn't, but...could also have been good, y'know?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I assumed he was connected to her brother from the first season, maybe a friend of his, given how awesome he (her dead brother) thought Mars was. It was only at the very end of the initial on-the-ship scene that I raised my eyebrows and was all 'wait, did they recast her husband?'.

I genuinely didn't realize it was him until the banquet scene, when he introduces himself to Bobbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yes! But the toppings contain protomolecule.

That's good!
-Dresden