Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Just finished the season. Thought it was great.

E9: lmao at Miller’s “oh by the way you’ve got protomolecule on the Roci that was never resolved in season 3; just sayin’

Full season: The Bobbi and Avarsarala sideplots weren’t very interesting though I guess they were setting up Political poo poo for season 5. Better kill the poo poo out of that fucker who spaced Ashford; I loved that guy.

Also there’s a part where Alex says the name of one of the new characters wrong in a scene where everyone else is saying it right; surprised that didn’t get caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Nitrousoxide posted:

I've skipped all of the posts here to say I'm about 1.5 seasons into the Expanse. It sure is good. I sure hope it continues with the pretty hard science setting (aside from the super efficient drive) as I'm really digging things like the molten metal from shells that pierce through the hull of a ship hanging in place until the pilot makes a maneuver.

A bit of a bummer how I have to turn on subtitles whenever the belters talk though.

Other than "the protomolecule kinda does whatever" it'll keep up with what you want. Including fun things like zero-G firefights.

And to be honest the protomolecule is one of the least interesting things other than its existence being the catalyst for the far-more-interesting strife among earth/mars/belters

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That doors and corners shirt is freaking hideous, my god

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I love this show and I enjoyed the first book (which I read before the show.)

Would I still enjoy the books even though I largely know what happens? I know things deviate somewhat from the books, but it seems like the major plot points are already there so a lot has been spoiled for me.

But, uh...I need something to read.