Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mars looks pretty dull imo. Glad the BDBMA stuff seems to be over. (Bobbie Draper Black Market Adventure)

Also the blindness and toxin slug storylines are right out of a lovely mid-season episode of star trek. But other than that I loved the season.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I recently saw the pilot episode and the Belter that was being tortured by hanging on those hooks was accused of smuggling contraband stealth technology. It goes way back. Though I forget if he was working for Protogen.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Norton the First posted:

We know that Peaches is Mulva or whatever.

Melba. Peach Melba.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Great potential but I thought at least half the episodes sucked. Like the one where Mal prepares for a sword duel. I suppose it's a better track record than traditional scifi shows like Star Trek where the first 30 episodes suck.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Open Source Idiom posted:

Firefly's a good, solid show. It's funny, and the characters are strong, vibrant figures with likeable personalities, set in a universe that was relatively unique at the time of airing.

Show good.

Everyone speaks bungled chinese and yet there are no asian characters in the show. gently caress Whedon.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Horizon Burning posted:

BSG was a fine product of its time, but Goons have to act as if they never ever liked it lmao

I loved the show but can't deny it has serious problems even back then. At least early on I thought a lot of the acting was terrible. Like Boomer. And the constant re-use of CGI was pathetic on day one. I also really liked the music in the first couple seasons and then Bear mcreary got obsessed with middle eastern guitar for some reason and that's all we would hear for like 2 years. There's amazing episodes like Downloaded that don't make any sense when you think about it in retrospect.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 29, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Horizon Burning posted:

lmao 'they re-used cgi, frauds!' oh goons

Ok I guess re-using the same cgi over and over is a good thing and the creators had no problem doing it?

Also I think the hoodies in this season look kind of dumb but I also want one. They look warm.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was looking for another emotional high like the Belters sacrificing themselves to save 50 in season 2 but nothing came close. And yeah I also found most of the Mars stuff boring. Still a good season of course, maybe more consistently good than season 1.

I also liked "I am that guy" slightly more than the cool Amos stuff this season.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 11, 2020

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She was the only good part of that tank city movie from Peter Jackson

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She voices an alien character in Mass Effect and I knew it was her immediately even though the character was talking through a breathing mask.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Still no martian coffee mugs you cowards

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They should make a mechanic's shirt or something with a Pur N Kleen logo on othe arms or breast pocket. Not a cheap looking blown up image on a t-shirt.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I appreciated that Ashford's accent was so different because it reflected the vast and varied lives of the belters. Most of the other actors all sound vaguely the same except for Naomi, Miller, and Prax.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Forget you!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wonder if wearing face masks in daily life is going to be here to stay if there's no vaccine for covid. Maybe we'll start communicating with our hands like the Belters.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ripley could drive that Colonial Marine APC and her only training was moving cargo with an exo suit

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That usually happens between seasons

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When I look on a web browser they actually have separate entries for the HD version and 4k version. It's like they are categorized as different shows. The Prime UI is so hosed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Don't forget Chrisjen's autocorrect on her phone thing

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

The authoritarian Martian society is built on a dream and plan to terraform Mars. The gates have rendered that dream a bit of a joke and the plan pointless. Why spend generations making Mars habitable when there's dozens of habitable worlds out there? I think the angst Martian society has fallen into is fitting for such an event. The best and brightest of Mars are heading off to get first dibs on new worlds instead of being cogs in some big plan. Martian society as they know it is basically dead.

I thought the younger generations didn't care about the dream of Mars and were fine just living their lives. That martian chaplain guy was bitching about how Bobbie's whole group don't know the meaning of sacrifice. The Martian ambassador guy that was poisoned by Errinwright also said the same thing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'd want access to all the cucumbers I wanted as well

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

One of the problems of the show is that life inside a Martian dome looks pretty good. Yeah it's an endless series of hallways and has the imagination of a giant mall in a flyover state, but it looks a hell of a lot better than the earth slums or belter drug dens.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dreylad posted:

Earth is somehow supporting 30 billion people and they've also tackled climate change without catastrophic loss of life or natural habitat so yeah they're doing pretty well all things considered.

Isn't Earth exploiting the labor of bilions of belters though to do it?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Assaulting your fans at geek conventions is some welwala poo poo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

swickles posted:

I liked how the one soldier realized the implication of Bobby being there and the other did not. "She could force feed you that gun if she wanted to"

I'm a fat rear end in a top hat but even I could take out a Navy SEAL if I had a gun and he didn't. I would be really intimidated though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Johnny Truant posted:

Bobbie was within arms reach of the Martian, I'd put my money on Bobbie in that situation.

Yeah I just rewatched it and found out Holden had an assault rifle pointed at them too. If she tried to shoot Bobbie then she would have been wasted by Holden so those Martians were cornered.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't remember anything about season 4

For me the highlights of the show are always episodes 1x4, 1x8, and then all of seasons 2 and 3 are a blur of awesome building tension. Season 4 just seems to drone on. Maybe it's because I binged it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bet the jetpack took up like 95% of the battery. She was burning it pretty hard.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

davidspackage posted:

I can't find a gif of Bobbie grinning behind Avasarala as Amos helps her into gravity boots, but that's my favorite scene.

I'll inform mars to ready the white flag!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lin Manuel Miranda but he's not allowed to rap or sing Alex's lines

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just have his character be off screen all the time and let Lin Manuel Miranda do his voice with the Texas accent.

Got it, Hoss!

Donkey balls

I'm not throwing away my shot

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's really bad in His Dark Materials

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hollywood forgave Woody Allen, Roman Polanski, and Mel Gibson and those are real bad dudes that got standing ovations. The only reason Harvey Weinstein got hosed was because everyone already hated him. Season 6 has to be like two years away. I can see it blowing over by then.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Love Con Air and Colm Meaney but his american accent is about as convincing as Arnold Terminator

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm just glad that English became the dominant language of the whole world and we don't have that silly Chinese mishmash like in Firefly.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

To be honest I'd join Cerberus. Humans first!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Then it's annoying that they kept trotting out Neil Degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye and Kip Thorne all over the interview circuits pimping the movie. Nope, it all comes down to Anne Hathaway crying for her boyfriend.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They got rid of him because the actor sucked. Watch the first season and he's the one guy that doesn't seem to know the show is attempting to be a comedy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You should be able to bounce jokes off the straight man like Ann or in The office they had Jim. Mark was like a charisma vacuum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I think the Nestle CEO wants to own all the water in Bolivia or something. Bet he'd gobble up everything on Ceres in a second.