Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I never pictured Murty played by Burn Gorman but I can't not see it now

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

To be honest I'd join Cerberus. Humans first!

I mean going by both the novels and games Cerberus is portrayed as enormously incompetent. By the end they're actively working against humanity under the yoke of aliens. Humanity First, the public face of Cerberus, was always considered to be expendible idiots. Cerberus itself had no issues working with aliens.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
You can definitely do all of the laconia stuff, including probably book 9, in a movie Farscape style

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Collateral posted:

They are doing the same release schedule as The Boys, 3 at first, the rest per week. I am ok with this.

I'm super fine with this. All at once is good for shows that are like to just long movies like Bly House, but shows that have twists and turns are better weekly for discussion.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Nail Rat posted:

The show is not an alien of the week show either. The book writers are TV writers too and they say the show is, and always will, primarily be about people and politics.

The big deal about the ring is not going to a bunch of weird alien planets, it's how it affects the politics of the system. That's straight from the show writers, so just know that going into whatever they do for season six.

I mean, poo poo. Just think of modern day. If by some miracle we get a new energy source that makes oil/gas immediately and obvious obselete you'd see insane turmoil in large sections of the world is including America. The Ring gates are like that but on steroids. Every single resource economy just got hosed and all the adjacent economies with them.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

even basic wirework costs money

Yeah. Even basic hand to hand scenes coat a lot of time and money. And honestly I'm not here for that.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Killing off Alex is great because they'll definitely have to have Bobbie join the crew to keep the Martian, Belter, Earther family thing going. I mean, it's not like she has anything to do now.

They should've did more work on Alex's death face. Maybe just have blood blasting out of his nose like in Sweet Home.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I dug Filip's arc way more on the show than the books. It felt like organic growth and payoff with his whole demotion side plot.

Also, I seriously thought the show killed off Filip and was surprised by the reveal versus the book telling you beforehand he just bounced.