Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Hey, that's neat. [Season 4 spoiler] The Black Sky leader/voter at Marcos' airlock speech was one of the 5 or 6 belters that made it off of Eros with Holden and Co.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I'm having trouble finding the episode this is in, but I think it's season 3 where Dawes is on TV in the background (or maybe some main characters are watching it). It's framed like he's making another speech but really, it is just reused audio and maybe even footage from that scene in season 1 where some dockworkers are beating up a Martian and Dawes yells about giving the Martians their water and not to act like animals. Are we, the audience, supposed to think that Dawes only acted civil back then because he knew he was being filmed or are we not meant to recognize that scene and see it as just Dawes politicking back on Ceres or wherever he was but they didn't have any other usable footage of Jared Harris to use?

Am I totally misremembering this? I could swear I scrubbed through every episode to get a timecode for you guys, but I still couldn't find it.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Ah right, s1e9 @ 13:00, thanks. I guess I thought it was so much later in the show because of the rescene within a scene thing.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Maybe I don't understand space, but how can a "sub-orbital shuttle" reach Luna as discussed in Amos and Co.'s plan?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I'm thinking about this too much, so help me out goons:

In s1e5, Miller is looking at the data he found in the leg of Julie's dead data-broker pal. It tell us that the OPA somehow learned of an unlisted flightplan for a ship called the Anubis, departing Phoebe for Eros. Protogen probably leaked this intentionally to lure a ship there to bait the Donnager and distract Earth & Mars from the coming Eros shenanigans. The Protogen dudes react pretty quickly and calmly to the Scopuli incident, as if all is according to plan, so that would make sense. Later, in the s1e9 flashback of Julie on the Scopuli hiding behind an asteroid, their ship's sensors label the other ship as 'Anubis'. But as soon as they get close enough to get a clear view of the ship, the belter captain guy is like "Where did that come from?!" and Julie half-whispers something like "That's the Anubis..." as if she recognizes it? Maybe even knowing the Anubis is gunship from some kind of Mao family business chat after dinner years ago? But... they had planned to intercept a ship called Anubis the whole time? So, why does she sound half-surprised to run into the Anubis? Were they expecting the Ann-u-bus instead?

Maybe Julie's line was supposed come across as a reply to the OPA captain's confusion, like "That IS the Anubis. (also we're hosed)" but it certainly doesn't sound like that to me.

e: oh come on there was a post almost identical to mine on the last page and I missed it?!

Roumba fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 3, 2021