Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This is kind of related to the theme, but one Christmas during my first marriage my wife put a nicely-wrapped present next to the tree that was quite clearly a well-framed picture of some kind. From the dimensions I knew it was not a standard print but rather a triptych in a single frame, and without thinking said "You got me the Garden of Earthly Delights! Cool!"

She spent the next month or so doggedly insisting I was wrong and that it was something else entirely, to the point I actually started to doubt myself a little.

On Christmas day I opened it and of course it was the Garden of Earthly Delights.

She never let me live that down, and it probably contributed in some small way to our later divorce.

I still have that print in storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

What did you have to live down? Knowing art?

I ruined the surprise of her special gift by reflexively recognizing the dimensions of a triptych. :shrug:

We get along fine, now - we always at least touch base on each other's birthdays.