Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
gently caress Colby, glad that he got stopped after getting beat up for 5 rounds.

Some of those body shots looked heinous.

Edit: I think Daniel had it absolutely right when he said Colby's striking is more effective after he's exhausted his opponent with wrestling. Robbie looked so timid against him but it was because he was tried.

I was really prepared for this fight to be similar to Amanda's fight but instead it was really good.

Mr_Moose fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
colby trying to sell a very clear punch as an eyepoke was the 2nd biggest lol moment of the night (the first being colby getting his rear end knocked out)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Marin Karin posted:

colby trying to sell a very clear punch as an eyepoke was the 2nd biggest lol moment of the night (the first being colby getting his rear end knocked out)

It was also the punch that broke his jaw that he tried to sell as an eyepoke.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Circling back to Griffin, he also popped for Xanax in the Anderson fight, but claimed he wasn't impaired during the bout, just stating he only looked like he was stoned

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
gently caress i'm glad colby lost but also realtalk i am glad when two fighters who 1) don't get tired and 2) are willing to go for it get together cause goddamn that was a good fight.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Circling back to Griffin, he also popped for Xanax in the Anderson fight, but claimed he wasn't impaired during the bout, just stating he only looked like he was stoned

To be fair if I found out I was fighting a peak performance Anderson Silva I'd need something to take the edge off too

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Marin Karin posted:

i havent watched pro wrestling in ages, but it was fine "heel" thing to do. glad he got smeshed though

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Untrustable posted:

Colby running from a truck full of people telling him he's a piece of poo poo. As he runs faster the pieces of his jaw begin to fall off while inspirational music plays.

This forever.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LobsterMobster posted:

as a person with a scrip for benzos, yeah, I'd do that too

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

To be fair if I found out I was fighting a peak performance Anderson Silva I'd need something to take the edge off too

Pretty sure he said that was why lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

My scores for the ppv

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Really sad Max's reign is over. Volk completely neutralized him

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Trump trying to figure out if he can award Colby a Medal of Honor.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Eat This Glob posted:

i havent watched pro wrestling in ages, but it was fine "heel" thing to do. glad he got smeshed though

oh it was. i just think it's clownish to stay acting like it's the wwe in the middle of an actual fight

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

oh it was. i just think it's clownish to stay acting like it's the wwe in the middle of an actual fight

yeah, you're right

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

excellent main event

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

just when i thought i couldnt have enjoyed that main event more, colby flees the arena lmao

Marin Karin posted:

colby trying to sell a very clear punch as an eyepoke was the 2nd biggest lol moment of the night

made all the better by the fact that he did it shortly after blatantly eyepoking usman himself

mewse
May 2, 2006

double negative posted:

made all the better by the fact that he did it shortly after blatantly eyepoking usman himself

The hamster was spinning on its wheel in Colby's head that we were seeing, Joe

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Trump trying to figure out if he can award Colby a Medal of Honor.

gonna give him a presidential pardon for turtling up and getting pummeled

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

here's the jaw shot https://twitter.com/BoboKelly5/status/1206109593660735488

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Didn't think my night could get better but this is the first time hearing this and looollllll

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/1206115195707383809?s=19

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Looks like he started slowing down and Kamaru had his timing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think Colby should flip the script and come back as a born again member of the Nation of Islam.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Someone asked Max about going up as he's getting older

https://streamable.com/0a71z

Also, this interaction was good

https://streamable.com/di8uc

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Max is still the best

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Well his hands aren’t broken. https://twitter.com/ColbyCovMMA/status/1206118453985173505

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Someone asked Max about going up as he's getting older

https://streamable.com/0a71z

Also, this interaction was good

https://streamable.com/di8uc

owns. good ol dad :3:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

u g h jesus christ this dude sucks

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What a jamoke

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he's right, the ref should have let him get his whole jaw broken

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

oh no

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I had a feeling this would be his angle to save face

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

*head buried in another mans crotch, getting pummeled while having broken face bones* "FAKE NEWS!!"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Enjoying the gently caress out of all the CHUDs whining about how he had a broken jaw without acknowledging how his jaw got broken

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I asked this earlier but who did Goodard stop them the 3rd time? Where he had both of them stop for seemingly no reason?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I asked this earlier but who did Goodard stop them the 3rd time? Where he had both of them stop for seemingly no reason?

As far as I could tell Colby was trying to say he got poked in the eye and Goddard decided to call time out to tell Colby to stop calling time outs. :shrug:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder posted:

Enjoying the gently caress out of all the CHUDs whining about how he had a broken jaw without acknowledging how his jaw got broken

"Usman is boring!!!! He can't punch for poo poo!"

*Colby gets jaw broken*

"Colby is a warrior who fought with a broken jaw against a chump of a fighter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013

He went out there to kill or be killed and, sure enough, Usman killed him.