Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

Everybody ready to get smashed on Monday?

yes op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

not true in some cities. for example in houston drinking water comes out of the trinity river which is pissed and shat out by people in dallas.

Houston we have a problem lol

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
watuary adherence: 100%

officially developed a taste for room-temperature still water, so I consider it a roaring success. despite keeping carbonated water on my personal allow-list for the month, my consumption was reduced the first week and almost nil for the rest of the month.

February status:

just poured a nice scotch.

thanks, echi. thechi

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
making myself some strong rear end coffee for Monday morning.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

my bitter bi rival posted:

Houston we have a problem lol

i once talked to a dude who worked at the Houston municipal water supply and he said all hourton’s water supply problems could be solved by dallas pissing more

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Mission accomplished! Coffee today though!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

seemed a little easier this year. glad it's over though.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
watuary status: the syrupiness of soda is disgusting

watuary.... forever?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

soda is such a huge waste of a calorie-intensive snack, so quitting that is always a great plan.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mod saas posted:

watuary status: the syrupiness of soda is disgusting

watuary.... forever?

welcome 2 seltzer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
HALLELUJAH TO TEH MOTHER loving WATER

I am proud of each and every one of you. Together we made minor and major improvements to our lives and started the year by breaking some bad habits and reminding our bodies that water is indeed nature’s coca cola

thankyou for all that participated and all the support over the month. we stuck together and now we are stronger for it.

I wish you all well, carry on drinking whatever though chooses but it might be water a bit more often from now. who knows

bring on watuary 2022

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

soda is such a huge waste of a calorie-intensive snack, so quitting that is always a great plan.

I’ve been on zero-calorie beverages (except alcohol) for a few years now and cannot agree with this more

Captain Foo posted:

welcome 2 seltzer

thank you brother, I am already a seltzer lover, but also enjoyed citrusy soda. it was a cherry limeade from sonic that did me in, not even sure I’ll finish the Fresca I have in the house

echinopsis posted:

bring on watuary 2022

a friend has preemptively roped me into H2October. we could make this the combined watuary/h2october thread. two great tastes that go great together

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod saas posted:

a friend has preemptively roped me into H2October. we could make this the combined watuary/h2october thread. two great tastes that go great together

dammit lol that’s a better name

like pepsi vs coke except the products are identical but one has a name whose pronouncation is quite ambiguous lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
no way dude. watuary is an established Thing now. it’s got recognition.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
H20ctober? get that focus group BS outta here. we’re keeping it real in the ‘ary.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Update:

Coffee was disgusting, stomach HATED it, watuary for life.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s hard to believe it was only 12 days or so ago and every person you met only drank water

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
watuary was good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

watuary was good

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
watuebry status: room-temperature still water continues to be my go-to beverage

looking forward to warch

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m on day five.

I feel like poo poo.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
feeling like poo poo means you're still alive, op :hellyeah:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just a gentle reminder that watuary 2022 is only 6 months away

watuary 2022 is going to be newer and more contemporaneous than ever

of course I’d love anyone with anything good to say about their watuary experience to give a comment that conveniently leaves out any downsides

and I’m working on a theme for this years logo

keep it real

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I can’t wait for WARY 2022

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

same. I’m gonna give it another crack and try to give my personal best.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and for anyone who’s interested but isn’t yet involved

https://discord.gg/Zq2qkEjA

this is an invite to the yospos discord that how has an exclusive watuary channel

it’s actually an invite to the channel itself perhaps even if you aren’t registered on the server this gives you channel access. idk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m just dreaming right now but I have a vision of watuary in ten years having maybe dozens of people doing it

and I’m going to make some assets, different logos people can download for free and get printed or posters made or whatever.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

same. I’m gonna give it another crack and try to give my personal best.

“You Don’t Regret Watuary” ie the next “you don’t get fired for choosing IBM”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
maybe this next watuary i will drink only coffee for the month, which is mostly water

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

maybe this next watuary i will drink only coffee for the month, which is mostly water

you’re this guy :

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

I didn't get drunk for four months thanks to watuary (didn't that used to be 'wateruary'?)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

extremely not

i really only drink water 99% of the time anyway

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sweevo posted:

I didn't get drunk for four months thanks to watuary (didn't that used to be 'wateruary'?)

watober would be a good name too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sweevo posted:

it’s always been watuary but it’s easy to see why someone would presume otherwise because it’s objectively a terrible name. there’s no obvious way to pronounce it and every way you say it sounds awkward

it’s perfect

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceNsojnMf0

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
we're getting closer...

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am loving ready for this you better fukken believe it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i'm gonna do watuary this next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I just dropped $8.49 on a subscription to wordswag to make this, and it won’t be the last.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWjbdq5h3Jo/