Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am not feeling it

but drat that’s the exact reason I need this

power thru those cravings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I believe in you, internet acquaintance

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, not tagging along for watuary myself this year, but happy new year and good luck to all participants!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks. appreciate you came along prior

my only shred of dignity is tied to this idea, so I need to make it happen

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I'm in. December has prepared me for this, let's go!

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

point of clarification: what about soups in a thermos?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

repugnant posted:

point of clarification: what about soups in a thermos?

I’ve settled on “is it intended as a meal?” as the defining question for watuary, since we got a vitamix for Christmas and I’m going to be trying smoothie versions of some breakfast fruit bowls that I’ve gotten sick of

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

mod saas posted:

I’ve settled on “is it intended as a meal?” as the defining question for watuary, since we got a vitamix for Christmas and I’m going to be trying smoothie versions of some breakfast fruit bowls that I’ve gotten sick of

This seems reasonable. I had cereal with milk this morning and do not consider it a violation of the rules.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
My mug is 1.5 standard cups, so I need at least 6 of these a day for a total of 9 cups at my size. Totally doable.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod saas posted:

absolutely. better than my definition that was based on the ratio of the height of the consumption vessel vs the width of the consumption hole

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckkk I could go a coke zero or redbull or something

which is a sure sign I need this

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

a glass of ice cold water is good to quell my craving

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

day two of watuary passes without incident. keep up the good work, goons

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m sleepy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don’t blame water
water is literally the juice of life

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
water rules

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
have a good month aquanauts o7

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

Watching my SO drinking coffee at a diner was trying. Really wanted some.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that means watuary is a good idea for you

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://twitter.com/bdgrabinski/status/1478104448668880899

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
rear end is only allowed if intended as a meal not a drink

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

feeling tired. feeling good. but feeling tired. I might have a wee nap. because I’m tired. it’s hot out and all I got to drink is this ice cold
water. I’m feeling tired.

Etuni
Jun 28, 2006

What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors

Waking up, shoveling snow, and pounding back an ice cold glass of H2O. Southern hemisphere watuarians are doing this on easy mode. I want some hot tea but I'm staying the course!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Etuni posted:

Waking up, shoveling snow, and pounding back an ice cold glass of H2O. Southern hemisphere watuarians are doing this on easy mode. I want some hot tea but I'm staying the course!

bruise a leaf of mint, stick it in your nose, and drink a cup of hot water.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Etuni posted:

Waking up, shoveling snow, and pounding back an ice cold glass of H2O.

Radioactive

Radioactive

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Etuni posted:

You are doing gods work

today driving to work I was reminiscing about the soothing effects that sipping a sugar free redbull has while I am driving to work and indeed all day long. a tonic for the soul

but .. those are lies given to me by liquid-satan who tries to steer us off course with his temptations of delicious drinks. get away from me satan I called out in the car. I think it worked

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ill be honest, i was craving coffee or an energy drink yesterday, because i was dog tired and didn’t get much sleep the night before. trucked through it, naturally.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress yes brother

made yourself stronger in the process too

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I just found this thread and it gave me the will to not drink beer this month. This massively reduces my fluid intake but I have no problem using lots of water (sometimes with beans and herbs steeped in though) to compensate. I just wish I'd learned about watuary earlier!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
watuary.com

you can actually register. i’d love if everyone did but ya know. it’s just to keep track for future years so far

aanywau it’s 20c/70f and almost dinner time and it’s clear sky’s and no wind it’s perfect bbq weather

so glad i have a delicious .. water .. to drink while bbqing

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

loving water

loving watuary

loving life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
high as gently caress

on the weekend and the thought of more water

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you can literally swim in it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my files aren’t stored in the cloud

water fucken is

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

you can literally swim in it

🤯

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

Shoveling the driveway and then NOT having hot cocoa or coffee was a bit of a bummer.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Celebrating one week of Watuary! I just need to keep consumption higher, but I feel great.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
my water bottle i have at home has a little physical rotating tab that lets me keep track of how many bottles ive drank

its a nice feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

first weekend. this is the hardest part, fellas. keep at it