Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

repugnant posted:

I am ALL IN you mother flippers. gonna have a big bottle of water in lieu of coffeee this New Year’s Day morning.

gently caress yes

jesus WEP posted:

okay i’m in for this year. watuary lfg

hell yes

FalseNegative posted:

I've come up with a compromise for Watuary this year; I'll cut the coffee and go for _a single cup_ of plain black tea. This drops my caffeine from ~500mg / day down to around 75mg / day. That should stave off the headaches but let me bring down my tolerance. Maybe in a week I can start halving it again.

I'll definitely quit the energy drinks, milk, and eggnog.

Watuary. :getin:

excellent solution. and drat 500mg/day on the reg..

cowboy beepboop posted:

going to do the spirit of watuary this year, where I only drink at weddings or other similar occasions

heck yes

Buck Turgidson posted:

There's generations upon generations of people who missed out on using ice to cool their drinks down. This one's for you o7

indeed

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

not going to manage to commit entirely, but i've derived a rule system that i think will work for me, and will after this post on for the sake of cohesion pretend that i am observing watuary fully. so, here we go.

the best thing about ticking boxes is that it only takes a pen and a box, you don’t actually need to do the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just had my first soda water of the water season

drat this poo poo hits different. it’s like water, but on crack

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im still going to drink coffee for watuary but that’s just water and beans so i think it counts

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
black coffee? i’ve accepted that that’s acceptable

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've only had coffee and water today

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

echinopsis posted:

black coffee? i’ve accepted that that’s acceptable

oh thank god! i will still only drink it sparingly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

same, one espresso and 4 glasses of water

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

just like our cave ancestors

thinking there should be exceptions for breastfeeding babies that they are are allowed milk

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My first meal of watuary was soup

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Between 100-120oz of water today. Feels good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
extremely good poo poo, your kidneys will thank you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

day 2: had to go to work today: drank 1.5L of water. many piss breaks were taken.

starting to get those withdraw tingles. I’m rolling with it at the moment. water feels good man.

work doesn’t feel good. excel for all its plaudits can suck a dick today. today is supposed to be my holiday.

but at least I got to come home to a nice tall glass of iced water.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

just like our cave ancestors

thinking there should be exceptions for breastfeeding babies that they are are allowed milk

obviously there should be a blanket exception for any liquid that you extract from your fellow man (this phrasing carefully chosen to not give support for vampirism)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

obviously there should be a blanket exception for any liquid that you extract from your fellow man (this phrasing carefully chosen to not give support for vampirism)

this was addressed on page 2 back in 2019

echinopsis posted:

we conceded one alternative. jizz. you can run your own race if you want. drink all the jizz you can collect. its not jizzuary though its waturary.. pay some respect for fucks sake

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah but piss? it's just man water. They don't call it watersports for nothing

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

drinking some water at the computer instead of the usual wine. it's wet!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Still hyped on day 2. A gallon a day keeps the kidney stones at bay. Already disgusted by the thought of a Red Bull. Amazing how quick that changes.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah.. I actually found myself desiring water just one day one

it’s a good thing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

yeah.. I actually found myself desiring water just one day one

echi this is called being thirsty

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wow im parched *makes a holiday*

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i am feeling good about watuary so far

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

echi this is called being thirsty

what do you call it when you desire nothing but a refreshing can of monster at 7:30am

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i broke the watuary oath already and had some whiskey. 50 hail Marys as penance

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m sitting in my evening chair watching the big game and sipping on a nice tall glass of iced water :cheers:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

enjoying the evening with some water tonight

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I almost screwed up this morning. Opened the fridge out of pure habit then realized what I was about to do. Crisis averted! Today I shall drink 1 gallon of water.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
watuary is going well so far.

i already feel better and its only been 3 days.

no monster ultra sunrise or coffee for me.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

watuary is going well so far.

i already feel better and its only been 3 days.

no monster ultra sunrise or coffee for me.

Wish I could say the same, my tea strategy failed. The caffeine headaches have hit in earnest and nothing is stopping them now. Just gotta wait it out and drink more water. Feels like a giant vice compressing my head right behind my eyeballs.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
The good news is I'm all in on Watuary now.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
FalseNegative effortlessly takes the quad

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

4 days of only water

feels good man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I’m out at a camp site and it’s hot and ice cold water is like the best fuckin thing

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bit stormy to camp up here mate

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I had some minor headaches but popped a pill and haven’t looked back.

the cravings for a horrible energy drink at stupid times of the day will take longer to quell.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah I saw a red bull at the general store earlier and my brain was like let’s go but I did not go

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

yeah I saw a red bull at the general store earlier and my brain was like let’s go but I did not go

you got this 👑

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m at a party right now. everyone is drinking bourbon and other good stuff and having fun. I have my flask of ice cold water and I’m the life of the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

day four down. spent the day reading and writing reports and thinking about drinking things that weren’t water and then sipped down some unsatisfying water. I then went to a party where happy people were drinking happy drinks and I got to sip down some unsatisfying water. I feel great.

2.25L of water was consumed today. many pissed breaks were taken.