Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
maybe this next watuary i will drink only coffee for the month, which is mostly water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

extremely not

i really only drink water 99% of the time anyway

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sweevo posted:

I didn't get drunk for four months thanks to watuary (didn't that used to be 'wateruary'?)

watober would be a good name too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i don’t understand people who don’t a) like water b) think water (even purer water) tastes “gross”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

if there's somebody who thinks filtered water is gross though then idk wtf

yea this is what i mean

i used to do taste and odor water quality research so i totally get you can have tap water that literally tastes like dirt sometimes (even though i think the gag inducement over such is overstated whatever) but there are totally folks out there who talk about even clean water as being gross and i just don’t get it like it’s a biological need, y’all

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sweevo posted:

its because bottled water companies have spent 40 years lying to people about how tap water in unsafe

but then you’d expect those people to be fine with bottled. some are of course. many won’t even drink that.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

worst water i ever had was when a shitload of zebra mussels died in an intake pipe for the treatment plant.

it was treated and safe to drink, but smelled like rotting shelfish. only happened for a few days when they were cleaning an intake pipe. they drained it, cleaned out some parts of it, but there were other parts with big zebra mussel colonies they couldn’t get to that died and made it smell bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSOShw69Tk

like, it was difficult to even shower in it.

lmao that is awwwwwful

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

current tap water status: glory

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I dont think it’s gross by any stretch but the thing is I have no internal drive to drink it, not until I’m mega thirsty that is

I think I spent a decent part of my youth destroying all my natural relationships with food and drink.

now all that is left is hot chip and red bull

bro what’s hot
chip

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

for breakfast ill be having "coffee" "soup" that i'll...eat...in a bowl with a spoon

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

for true watheads

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah my tap water is top notch, i chug it non stop.

my tap water is good
my water tap is good
my water tap water is good
my tap water water tap water is good

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i was definitely a rainwater kid growing up. had to let it rain for fifteen minutes to wash off the roof then run out and hit the bypass into the cistern

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

there are several limestone springs around the farm but I can’t be bothered tapping those.

when I was a kid my dad blew one of them up with tnt or something and then just syphoned out the delicious water from the crater it created with about a 4km hose to our house and that was our water supply for 15 years. I learnt all my problem solving skills from my dad. when faced with an important problem, blow it up.

we blew/dug one of ours into a pond for extra food. which then magically got populated by mussels! one of my profs stewed on it and suggested that birds might’ve dropped them in when stopping by

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

how much water do you people drink on days not found in watuary

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

is 1g of caffeine each day good for you? asking for a friend

i know you already know but about half that is pretty much a ok to drink on a daily basis forever. it’s only three or four cups of coffee.

you should try and get yourself to like coffee tbh on a cost analysis alone

also if you just like sweet bubble why not buy like generic diet zealand fizz and a bottle of caffeine pills

i prolly drink two to four litres of water a day on top of all the other beverages (which mostly just amounts to coffee, beer, and occasionally milk, maybe an energy drink a month), feels great but i pretty much pee constantly lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

theres gotta be something to do with reward pathways or some bullshit. at times of misery I perpetuate the problem.

I think these reward pathways are strong but I am going to fight them with watuary

probably, but physiological effects will be sated either way which is the harder part to deal with

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

what do you mean ?

i have to imagine anything in your brain that is driving these pleasure seeking behaviours would also be satisfied by generic diet soda and caffeine pills is my point while being astonishingly cheaper. and if you switch to fizzy water instead not even too bad for you

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

its why you don't just stop cigarette smoking with nicotine patches, there's an entire world of associated behaviors the reward pathway has a grip on, and if you've spent years developing networks of rewards and reward seeking behavior, that behavior ends up driven by the same part of your brain that drove our ancestors to enjoy red meat and sex

yes it's instead why you slowly taper down your nicotine addiction by using an e-cigarette and tamping down on the percentages before finding something else to do with your oral fixation once you're down to 0% nicotine (or just vape for flavour i don't care)

this is why i was suggesting finding replacements that let you recreate all the other parts of your habit so that you can modify them one bit at a time

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

thank god for watuary

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

nice fuckin work man

I started this new drug empagliflozin and one of its side effects is thirst and lo and behold when I am actually thirsty I don't want redbull, which is good.

I think this will make things better/good

you should keep a running total of how much you drink during watuary

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

mediaphage posted:

how much water do you people drink on days not found in watuary

you know how you post sometimes about how you feel like poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

followin up night coffee with a cool 750mL jar of the good stuff

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

that's a lot of cum mediaphage

helps with that youthful glow

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

knowing mediaphage it’s also definitely homemade

keeping jars is a storied internet tradition

i guess you could buy it, you can buy horse and bull semen and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fart simpson posted:

which type do you like best? any recommendations?

i like the tall, straight-sided 750mL mason jars