Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I've been waking up with the caffeine headaches before I even have the first cup done. I'm in this year but I know the first two days are going to be miserable! T-16 hours here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

if you get caffeine pills you can still only drink water

makes u think

Pretty sure I'd die, no thanks.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Day 2 headaches continue, caffeine detox sucks. Thankful Watuary started on the weekend! Gotta stick to it, I know I'll feel great in a couple more days.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Day 5, first day without headaches. Woke up an hour earlier (5:30!) without the cat's help and was _awake_. One does not a sample size make so let's see if the trend continues. Watuary was a great idea, thanks Echi!

Too shy for social media pics though, there's too much face-scraping AI bs nowadays.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Ditched the caffeine :) I'll see what I can do on the water front once we get some sunlight going.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Oh yea consumption has gone waaaaay up as well, no doubt about that.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Still holding fast to watuary!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Dihydrogen monoxide? Yup still going well! Had some ice cream, which was getting dangerously close to a forbidden fluid.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Watuary is already over 50% over. Time is flying this year.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Still going! Although I really miss the evening (non caffeinated) tea.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
The last week is upon us!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Mission accomplished! Coffee today though!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Update:

Coffee was disgusting, stomach HATED it, watuary for life.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I have already started the caffeine detox a bit early this year (ugh). Rubios tea in the mornings because I love a hot drink to wake up with, but Watuary 2022 is looking good.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Caffeine addiction is fully broken. I'm still enjoying Roobios and hot cocoa this month, then nothing but water in earnest to bring in the new year. December is a nice way to get into the groove.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Maybe three or four cups a day.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I'm in. December has prepared me for this, let's go!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

mod saas posted:

I’ve settled on “is it intended as a meal?” as the defining question for watuary, since we got a vitamix for Christmas and I’m going to be trying smoothie versions of some breakfast fruit bowls that I’ve gotten sick of

This seems reasonable. I had cereal with milk this morning and do not consider it a violation of the rules.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
My mug is 1.5 standard cups, so I need at least 6 of these a day for a total of 9 cups at my size. Totally doable.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Celebrating one week of Watuary! I just need to keep consumption higher, but I feel great.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
water. More water.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I've had 6 cups of water and it's 11 AM.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I almost gave in this morning but my husband coffee-blocked me. Stay the course friends, Watuary continues!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
One week to go!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
So close. So very, very close.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I am torn on if I'm doing year 3. I'm in for major caffeine withdrawals and those take almost two weeks. I'm not sure if I have it in me or not this year.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I've come up with a compromise for Watuary this year; I'll cut the coffee and go for _a single cup_ of plain black tea. This drops my caffeine from ~500mg / day down to around 75mg / day. That should stave off the headaches but let me bring down my tolerance. Maybe in a week I can start halving it again.

I'll definitely quit the energy drinks, milk, and eggnog.

Watuary. :getin:

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Between 100-120oz of water today. Feels good

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Still hyped on day 2. A gallon a day keeps the kidney stones at bay. Already disgusted by the thought of a Red Bull. Amazing how quick that changes.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I almost screwed up this morning. Opened the fridge out of pure habit then realized what I was about to do. Crisis averted! Today I shall drink 1 gallon of water.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

watuary is going well so far.

i already feel better and its only been 3 days.

no monster ultra sunrise or coffee for me.

Wish I could say the same, my tea strategy failed. The caffeine headaches have hit in earnest and nothing is stopping them now. Just gotta wait it out and drink more water. Feels like a giant vice compressing my head right behind my eyeballs.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
The good news is I'm all in on Watuary now.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
FalseNegative effortlessly takes the quad

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
On track for another half gallon today!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Woke up really early today...how should I get going?

Coffee?! :wrong:
Ice Water?!
:yeshaha:

Nothing like having the whole body freeze experience!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

echinopsis posted:

I wouldn’t necessarily trust my bodies sense of thirst or lack thereof

you ever meet those people who it’s like 5pm and they’ve had two coffees and nothing else all day? they only drink when they’re thirsty

Yea, this is me. I was probably dehydrated as all get out. Not any longer!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Been consistent with half a gallon a day. This is like 1.5 quarts more fluid than I normally drink. I don't want to push for a gallon a day right now cause I'm already craving salt and don't want to get hydrophobia or whatever it is.

My kidneys are so happy right now, and today I broke the caffeine headache streak. 7 days this time, so at least I know how long a detox still takes.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Sipping that cool H2O.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Still at half a gallon a day. Watuary rules.