Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i'm with you on this.

my original plan for 2020 was to drink myself half to death, but recently that's stopped seeming like a joke.

if it helps me get under 75kg then bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

hung over and got half way through making my morning coffee before i remembered this was today.

but i'm committed to this so its gonna be all water, all the time

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

all water all yesterday. feels good man

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i've managed to stick to the rules so far, but its been harder than i expected. i still instinctively reach for the coffee in the morning, or feel like having a vodka and coke while i sit watching tv after work.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

morning coffee craving is bad, but managed to resist again.

starting to feel pretty good about not drinking coke now though

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i've always slept very well, but maybe i'm dropping off more gradually instead of being completely awake and then asleep 15 minutes later

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 9, 2020

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

why did i agree to give up alcohol? that was stupid because i really like drinking it

sticking to the rules though. not waking up and immediately wanting a coffee any more either.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

determined to stick to watuary, but vodkabruary can't arrive soon enough

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

5l sounds like too much

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

same. i wanted to loose 3kg, but that's not happening.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i'm glad this is over because it turned out to be harder than i expected.

i didn't lose any weight, and i can't yet say if it's made me any healthier. one thing it has done though is made me realise how much alcohol i was drinking and that i really need to cut down, so i think i'm going to try and stay sober for a while longer.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i did this whole dumb thing last year and i think i'm gonna do it again.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

followed by aprhurl

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

just in time for maygermeister

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i signed up to this last year thinking it would be easy. it wasn't.

this year i knew it would be hard, but the first two days have been pretty good

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Still sticking to it, maybe a bit easier than last year?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

seemed a little easier this year. glad it's over though.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

I didn't get drunk for four months thanks to watuary (didn't that used to be 'wateruary'?)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

yeah i'm gonna do this again this year

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

its because bottled water companies have spent 40 years lying to people about how tap water in unsafe

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

echi my man, how about everyone trying to rules lawyer their way through this automatically fails?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i've specifically asked for people not to buy me booze for christmas this year.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

same. it's not that people think "oh sweevo is a drunk, better get him his medicine", but i've got a few relatives who get me a bottle or two for every xmas or birthday and i'd just rather not have it in the house right now.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

new year plans just got cancelled thanks to my gf's idiot family thinking covid can't get you if you ignore it hard enough.

think i might ease myself into watuary gradually instead of doing everything cold turkey on saturday

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

well it's over.

i slipped up a few times this year due to having a bunch of personal bullshit to deal with, but i still feel good that i at least tried.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

if you cheat you are only cheating yourself

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i'm all in again this year

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

its 9pm and i'm having my last coffee of the year

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

4 days of only water

feels good man

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

not gonna lie, weekends are the hardest part for me

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

was a weird one this year...

no alcohol for 31 days. coffee and soft drinks i didn't even try. technically that's a failure, but i feel pretty good about it.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

think i'm going to continue this into wetbruary

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

as of today i have been sober for four months.

i don't know why that should feel like an achievement, but it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

yup