Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echi i will join you for watuary 21

i stopped drinking sugar soda a while back and just gave up caffeine a week ago and itís going well so this is the obvious next step

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

1.5L of sugar free energy drink

wtf echi how are you gonna lead the andrews to overtake the jameses when youíre doing controlled flight into terrain

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

carbonation dehydrates you which is the antithesis of watuary.

ĒDoes Carbonated Water Hydrate You?Ē posted:

https://www.sophisticatededge.com/does-carbonated-water-hydrate-you.html
Though plain carbonated water will hydrate you just as effectively as plain water, some beverages that include carbonation can actually dehydrate you. For example, tonic water, club soda, and seltzer water all look the same but are not interchangeable when considering hydration factors

myth busted will continue to use sodastream during watuary

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

would listen to this record

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

didnít finish my cherry limeade before 00:00 so oh well into the trash it goes. all hail watuary

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

my son just how ďat least you havenít given upĒ

drat straight. heís glad youíre around

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

watuary told me to look under my seat and there they were, the keys to my new car

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

are you the same guy who went into the gws vegan thread and posted the grasshopper nachos?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

watuary status: still on the wagon, but definitely getting nitro coffee as a treat on 2/1

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

watuary status: adhering in action if not thoughts

bonus that I seem to be getting a better non-caffeine baseline. I was never a zombie without it but Iíve had some times I energized even without chemical stimulants

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

Everybody ready to get smashed on Monday?

yes op

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

watuary adherence: 100%

officially developed a taste for room-temperature still water, so I consider it a roaring success. despite keeping carbonated water on my personal allow-list for the month, my consumption was reduced the first week and almost nil for the rest of the month.

February status:

just poured a nice scotch.

thanks, echi. thechi

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

watuary status: the syrupiness of soda is disgusting

watuary.... forever?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

soda is such a huge waste of a calorie-intensive snack, so quitting that is always a great plan.

Iíve been on zero-calorie beverages (except alcohol) for a few years now and cannot agree with this more

Captain Foo posted:

welcome 2 seltzer

thank you brother, I am already a seltzer lover, but also enjoyed citrusy soda. it was a cherry limeade from sonic that did me in, not even sure Iíll finish the Fresca I have in the house

echinopsis posted:

bring on watuary 2022

a friend has preemptively roped me into H2October. we could make this the combined watuary/h2october thread. two great tastes that go great together

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

watuebry status: room-temperature still water continues to be my go-to beverage

looking forward to warch

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

a sexy mascot

stay thirsty my friends

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

repugnant posted:

point of clarification: what about soups in a thermos?

Iíve settled on ďis it intended as a meal?Ē as the defining question for watuary, since we got a vitamix for Christmas and Iím going to be trying smoothie versions of some breakfast fruit bowls that Iíve gotten sick of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

did not complete this year, but still benefitting from the legacy of success in watuary 2021 by drinking overwhelmingly plain water anyway

thanks echi. thechi.