Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the nearest one to me is a 50km drive away :smith:

that's one way to say it but the other way is "next door". try to look on the bright side!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if you drink water as your primary beverage like a reasonable person you won't have to do weird water-only periods

of course you could still do weird water-only periods for funsies if you want, no gods no masters

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that can't be right - at some latitudes you get dawn with no sunrise

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah same. in general i think a lot of the sTaY hYdRaTeD stuff is basically nonsense. there's no _harm_ in drinking enough water to piss clear, but it's not unhealthy to drink when you're thirsty (especially if you're drinking healthy or neutral things without a bunch of weird bullshit in them). i stay super hydrated because dehydration is a migraine trigger for me and it's not worth risking, but if you're a normal person that goes from "kinda thirsty" to "thirsty" to "pretty thirsty" to "very thirsty" instead of from "kinda thirsty" to "oh my eyes stopped working and i have half an hour to get in a dark room OR ELSE" and don't have to cram fluids for some other reason it's fine

idk about what energy drinks and poo poo like that do to the body in other capacities but :shrug:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

no ur wrong and unhealthy

gently caress

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echi that graphic is dope

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just piss off the side of the bed like the filthy animal you are

or find a knot hole in the floor, either works

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i didn't until i moved to a place with really, really hard water. i grew up with water whose ice smelled like chlorine and that water was fine

santa barbara's water is gross though. not like make you gag gross, but gross enough that the positive properties of water aren't near as prevalent. it's not near as refreshing etc

ofc the solution is a $200 under sink filter, but at least i understand somebody looking at a big ol bottle of tap water and being like "idk man.." now

i do think it's real weird that people drink energy drinks and beer or whatever instead of water. like, even if it sucks, it's what you need. but i also end up with migraines if i get dehydrated. without that maybe being low key dehydrated wouldn't be a problem 🤷‍♀️. tbh i also think the "your pee must always be clear" thing is overstated. animals pee yellow when the have water available and i have a hard time believing all animals are dehydrating themselves (at least, not in a negative way)

if there's somebody who thinks filtered water is gross though then idk wtf

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cws: hard, fucks up our glasses, but the kitchen sink has a filter :toot:

the water softener broke before we moved in, probably gonna get that replaced after the holidays

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mods name change to consumption hole please

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

no

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's a lot of cum mediaphage

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

post hole digger posted:

and water-derived beverages

HEY WAIT A MINUTE

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

yeah.. I actually found myself desiring water just one day one

echi this is called being thirsty

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

can't you just go to the thing and not drink? like if you want to obviously do whatever, but if you don't want to drink booze...don't drink booze

unless it's a beer chugging contest i guess. then you're really boned!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

https://youtu.be/aznnt5JB1Gg

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i was taking the screen out of my faucet yet again when a bit fell out. i threw it away. i guess it was the restrictor because now the tap in my office bathroom has insanely high water pressure. i don't really like it, but previously it'd get clogged and require futzing with every couple weeks. and that was after being replaced maybe 6-8 months ago.

anyway if you need water quick, come on over. it's hard but it hydrates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

need water to live

i dont