Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

That is a... rough frontline with the fascists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Hey, we may even have nice things at the end of this megacampaign....assuming Zhang doesn't faceroll everything.

I'm willing to bet that trying to run an empire bigger than real world China as if it's your personal mega corporation is going to have some inherent problems

Guillotine shaped problems.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Kangxi posted:

If you see a Field Marshal running as fast as she can, that's probably a good sign to keep up.

A strategos in motion outranks a basileus who doesn't know what's going on?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The make or break of this war will be whether Italy is cut off by land. That's what I would be planning to do if I were playing the fash - it's easy to come down from those mountains, and hard to go up them. Putting an armored spearhead through those plains and then walking an army down the Italian peninsula when it can only be supplied by naval routes is the logical way to fight this war for the bad guys, especially if they can fill the Med with subs to catch withdrawing troops in the water.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

I gotta say I appreciate we somehow have Louis Barthas as one of our generals.

Also, I think we might want to send some aid down to Indochina if we get the chance.

"Invite to faction" means we join the war wholesale, and also probably means the other side joins a faction and it goes global.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

Thank the People that war is over, hopefully with enough time for the NGF to reconsolidate and build their forces up for the Big One down the road.

They will be a speed bump.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

Depends on how pointy the speed bump ends up being.

No, it doesn't. In 10 years they still won't be more than a speed bump. It's just a quieter front with the german fascists beat, that's all.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

cokerpilot posted:

I am clearly missing something here.

It's a homestuck reference, which is like an anime reference but worse.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

karmicknight posted:

tanks are good, but CAS is better.

It's situational based on how your fights are working out. All things being equal, I'd rather have the same production's worth of tanks than of CAS planes.

Concentrated armor penetrates fronts and encircles armies, whereas CAS (when you can get the air superiority for it to work) will move an entire front forward.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

karmicknight posted:

CAS is damage that ignores penetration and air superiority (and I think CAS missions) slows down the enemy in general (especially enemy tanks). You only need a single 40w tank to win a war, but overwhelming CAS is a guarantee of not losing, especially if you want to take a defensive posture and just bleed the enemy.

CAS won't fly if you don't have a certain percentage of air superiority. You can assign the planes, but the mission won't happen.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

In an ideal world, yes, you have air superiority. But if I have to choose where to prioritize my production, I'll get a functioning mech force together and put some AA in my infantry units rather than build CAS and the fighters to enable them.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It doesn't take more than a stiff breeze for a fash in a lab coat to start pontificating over the inherent genetic villainy of {insert enemy here.}

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Uranium, especially pitchblende, was a mining byproduct in Europe for a long time. They don't have to leave the continent.

Marie Curie isolated radium from a pitchblende sample, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

##Support The Charismatic Idealist