Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

smashes the bookmark button

The State of the World post was great, I love how strong a sense of Iouliana's personality shines through. AND THE ART! (In case it wasn't clear to everyone, there is original art for every world leader in the game (as well as some generals, ministers, alternate leaders, etc.), and the vast vast vast majority of it was drawn by Nora)

Looks like there were a few small image typos--there's no country status banner for Marathas and Fatima Iqbal's tooltip appears twice (looks like in place of Leila Bint Barka the second time).

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
:siren: Just in case you were only skimming the update and scrolled past the list of generals: yes, all of those portraits were drawn for the game by Nora, and we're still only scratched the surface there... :siren:

Excellent update, I loved Theodora's tone. I somehow had failed to realize that Erinna was her daughter, so that was a nice shock of recognition!

Paris Goats having a terrible season, this bodes well... (yes Paris has two teams but they're the ones in the same league as Athens and Byzantion, so clearly they're the important ones!)

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 1, 2020

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Excellent update!

I love this LP for many reasons, but one of them is that it's built up a large enough volume of internal history and context that Nora can deploy sentences like

quote:

Juno and Ioulia fresh in my memory, had to remind myself that Koca chose Naples for her last stand because it's where the revolutionary armies expelled from Greece were able to regroup, not because of any particular tie to the old Kingdom of Sicily
which casually link together hundreds and hundreds of years of narrative and thematic resonance. It's great.

Also, wow the Papadopoulou family is accomplished. My headcanon now is that Theodora just casually had a bunch of children in between military campaigns and every single one of them is an Olympic athlete in a different sport.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Night10194 posted:

Support the Democratic Crusader.

We are all Comrades in the fight against fascist insanity.

##Support the Democratic Crusader

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Night10194 posted:

On an unrelated note, who does the art for the characters in the LP? The Byzantine uniform looks perfect for one of the countries in an RPG I'm running and I want to know who to credit if I use some of these fine officers for character portraits or something.

Almost all of it is done by Nora herself! IIRC there are one or two leader portraits that are by other artists, but the officers are, I believe, all Nora.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

VideoWitch posted:

It's also good to get to see more cool lesbians :3:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > More Cool Lesbians: A Byzantium Paradox Mega-Campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
##Support the Scrappy Firebrand because I want to see Esperanza bint Ifrain al-Tammar-Wu forced to determine whether Sharqiism is 'really' Müllerism or not