Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I went to sleep and the general thread imploded? What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Dangerous Person posted:

I went to sleep and the general thread imploded? What

The best I can tell it had to do with some truly insane The Last Jedi chat. It was just getting heated up before the thread got locked for me

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Where can I see what happened in the last thread

For science

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
rule #2 is to be respected

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is there a way to minimize the chances of having bad dreams?
Stuff that reduces REM sleep, which cannabis products tends to do. I think maybe sleeping under the effects of anti-histamines might do that as well. Melatonin should actually promote REM sleep from what I've read. I certainly get weird dreams when taking melatonin.

Caffeine can also reduce REM sleep I think but only some people can sleep with caffeine in their system.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Where can I see what happened in the last thread

For science

You can’t, which is really bugging the obsessive part of my brain because there are these 9 posts I can’t read

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It was dumb don’t worry about it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Drew McIntyre, I am going to kick your rear end.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Can I talk about Great British Bake Off in here? I started watching it and I'm very upset that Jordan didn't make it to the end.

Also I watched the new holiday season of Nailed It and the episode with Jillian Bell was easily my favorite for a while.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My wife is having an ovarian cyst removed tomorrow and I’m filled to the brim with anxiety.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The old thread is back now (but still closed), ignore the last page of it and enjoy that for the greater majority of its run it was a really fun and positive place, and keep that spirit alive in this one.

:hellyeah:

Push El Burrito posted:

Can I talk about Great British Bake Off in here? I started watching it and I'm very upset that Jordan didn't make it to the end.

Is this the show where the hosts will start copiously swearing on camera if one of the contestants has a breakdown, because they know that way the footage can't be exploited to be used in the show? Because I remember reading that about some British cooking show and I think it's just wonderful :)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Is this the show where the hosts will start copiously swearing on camera if one of the contestants has a breakdown, because they know that way the footage can't be exploited to be used in the show? Because I remember reading that about some British cooking show and I think it's just wonderful :)

That's it. I went on a binge of Hell's Kitchen so let me tell you a show where everyone hugs at the end is some fuckin whiplash.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Good luck to wife.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Blast Fantasto posted:

My wife is having an ovarian cyst removed tomorrow and I’m filled to the brim with anxiety.

All the best for her. My wife has PCOS so I know how lovely this can be.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

That's the one. The hosts are Mel and Sue, who are funny and kindhearted to a fault and spectacularly sweary when they need to be.

When the show moved from the BBC to Channel 4 they opted not to go with it, which is a shame for the quality of the show.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That "Don't criticize the Last Jedi lest you be viewed as a racist" guy was weird and I'd like people to not be accused of heinous stuff for not liking a poorly written movie.

That said, Gremlins 2 is a masterpiece and I'll fight any of you over that.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsEkLGQthMk

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Last Jedi is a good movie, imo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I hope it they make a Gremlins 3 it doesn't soil the good name of Gremlins 2.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

rule #2 is to be respected

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

I hope they don't make a Gremlins 3 because Gremlins 2 is already a perfect movie.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

They should combine Gremlins and Goblins and make Groblins

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

Well, they're making an animated series for HBO Max, so, coin toss on what'll happen there

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

They should combine Gremlins and Goblins and make Groblins

But that's Snilborg spelled backwards!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Cameo posted:

Well, they're making an animated series for HBO Max, so, coin toss on what'll happen there

Wait, seriously?

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Hi friends can I post here instead of any other WWE thread

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, seriously?

It's called Secrets of the Mogwai and takes place in 1920s Shanghai.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is there a way to minimize the chances of having bad dreams? I've been having them pretty constantly lately and I'm sick of it.:( Also hi friends. I wasn't around for the last thing but it must have been pretty bad.

I started taking lithium a couple years back which has the odd side effect of causing me to not dream whatsoever. obviously that ain’t a solution for everyone though.

before that I tried taking melatonin and reading a book for the last hour of my day rather than dicking around on my phone or watching tv. it seemed to help calm my brain a fair amount since the anxiety of seeing bad news on twitter or having the stimuli from TV helped, and I think there’s some science behind it as well?

good luck, friend.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei Hyde posted:

The Last Jedi is a good movie, imo

I'm cool with people feeling that way. Just don't yell at me if I say it's not. I also really disliked Rogue One and Solo so maybe I'm just not a big Star Wars fan.

Changing topics, is the new Netflix show for Dark Crystal any good? I haven't watched much TV in the past 4ish months and need some shows to watch on my flight across and then back over the Pacific in 2 weeks.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 16, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mekchu posted:

Changing topics, is the new Netflix show for Dark Crystal any good?

I really wanted to like it but it just doesn't work for me, sadly. The magic of the movie isn't there and the attempts to build up a backstory/history to everything mostly falls flat. I still haven't seen the last 3-4 episodes but unless it takes a remarkable uptick in quality right at the end I'd personally recommend giving it a miss.

I will say this though, it got me really wanting to rewatch the movie, because I love that a lot.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well poo poo. Then what are some good shows to be watching? Mandalorian I'm already watching and I'm not super into it despite liking the premise and every about Pedro Pascal & Jon Favreau.

The Boys Season 2 won't be out by then obviously. Jack Ryan S2 was not super fun compared to S1 so that was a let down and I really liked Clear And Present Danger so the setting/bad guy tropes weren't the issue for me.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 16, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really enjoyed The Boys, Watchmen isn't really scratching the same itch but I do like the fun camera transitions and everything involving Jeremy Irons being a gigantic loving weirdo.

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Because I loving loved What We Do In The Shadows, movie and TV series both.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.

Watchmen wraps up tonight and it’s been fun

American Gods’ new showrunners just fired Orlando Jones who played the most interesting character because they’re racist idiots so unfortunately that is out the drat window.

at this point I’m just waiting for the new season of Letterkenny to drop on the 27th

Jerusalem posted:

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Because I loving loved What We Do In The Shadows, movie and TV series both.

it’s SO GOOD

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

the escape goat posted:

it’s SO GOOD

One of the other vampires in an episode just randomly being Batista because he happened to be in town that day and thought it would be fun was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThwdfJ6Zs74

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mr. Nancy rules even though he wasn't a GIANT part of the original book. They still should have kept him and given him a big part because hell he's so good at it.

Also yeah What We Do In The Shadows show was very good. I also want to eat pizza with them.

Jerusalem posted:

One of the other vampires in an episode just randomly being Batista because he happened to be in town that day and thought it would be fun was the best.

The reveal of all the vampires was so god damned good. Kristen Schaal was incredible in that but it goes without saying.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the escape goat posted:

American Gods’ new showrunners just fired Orlando Jones

Are you serious?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.

Mekchu posted:

Are you serious?

https://twitter.com/theorlandojones/status/1205836143897579520

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The instant he said "Yale educated..." I was like shiiiiiiiit here it comes :sigh:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's so lame. If they ever do an Anansi Boys adaptation he needs to be on at least the wroting staff. He wrote such a great portrayal of Mr. Nancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.

Mekchu posted:

That's so lame. If they ever do an Anansi Boys adaptation he needs to be on at least the wroting staff. He wrote such a great portrayal of Mr. Nancy.

If I recall correctly, he was hired as a writer on season 2 to help with writing the POC characters so this is an extra “what the gently caress were you thinking” decision from the show runner/directors