Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I started watching Supernatural again. Almost through the 1st season, only 4 more seasons to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I started watching Supernatural again. Almost through the 1st season, only 4 more seasons to go!

lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

That's not Ciclope.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Tell this to my daughter, please. She's on Season 9. For the third time. When she binges a show, she goes all in.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RIP Ennio Morricone. What an insane career.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

bummed as gently caress about morricone. my dad loves spaghetti westerns of all kinds because there's not much dialog comparatively and he hates talking in movies so watching those and old badly dubbed HK action films were my childhood. he would send me to the video store with 10 bucks and i could bring back 2 movies for him, one for me, and a pack of cigarettes. a lot of the time it was just the good the bad and the ugly again. i didnt really get the movie as a kid but loved the soundtrack, and lee van cleef. he got so mad the first time i asked why he didnt just buy it instead of renting it all the time. but then he owned me and was like "why do you keep renting terminator 2 and true lies". i was 5 but still owned. dont have a lot of great dad memories, but morricone was playing during most of them.

enjoy this rare morricone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw_iZJuy3pA

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ennio Morricone was nominated for a Razzie for his soundtrack to The Thing, won of the greatest soundtracks ever.

Decades later unused tracks from those sessions were used for The Hateful Eight and won Best Original Score.

The Razzies are useless.

Roger Ebert too.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-thing-1982

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ebert was a dingus. check out this all time clowning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uehfL60EA4

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was at a screening of a movie called The Brown Bunny many years ago that Ebert attended and he was basically acting like the worst audience member ever. The movie wasn't great but a movie critic did know better than to loudly tell at the screen and talk during a movie. I lost a lot of respect for that dude after that.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was at a screening of a movie called The Brown Bunny many years ago that Ebert attended and he was basically acting like the worst audience member ever. The movie wasn't great but a movie critic did know better than to loudly tell at the screen and talk during a movie. I lost a lot of respect for that dude after that.

Was he calm and normal until the Chloe Sevigny BJ scene, cuz if so he might have just gotten horned up and forgot his manners. Happens to the best of us sometimes.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ebert was a mark for himself and thats a shoot, brother

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

Was he calm and normal until the Chloe Sevigny BJ scene, cuz if so he might have just gotten horned up and forgot his manners. Happens to the best of us sometimes.

He was loudly eating and talking through the ENTIRE thing (this was long before he lost his jaw) and IIRC was making sexist comments about Sevigny during that scene. I heard afterwards that someone complained to the theatre and they were like 'it's Roger Ebert, what am I supposed to do'.

He talks about it a bit here but is 100% exaggerating about there being "hundreds" of walkouts.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Oh, I forgot. Weird Al Yankovic never made a bad movie either.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ebert is Meltzer but on an even bigger scale where at the end of the day its just one dudes opinion about what he likes. He had a good eye but his work is primarily limited to his personal view. I feel like he was very bad at meeting movies on their terms. Like, he gave Hocus Pocus one star. It's not an amazing movie but it hit every goal it has and is perfectly enjoyable. If you have big problems with Hocus Pocus its because you want a movie that no one making Hocus Pocus was trying to make.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hocus pocus is a popcorn classic

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, goodbye Morricone. His music was just the loving best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYI09PMNazw

flashy_mcflash posted:

He was loudly eating and talking through the ENTIRE thing (this was long before he lost his jaw) and IIRC was making sexist comments about Sevigny during that scene. I heard afterwards that someone complained to the theatre and they were like 'it's Roger Ebert, what am I supposed to do'.

I do recall Ebert at least admitting on a rewatch that Brown Bunny was better than he thought the first time he saw it. That doesn't forgive him being a loud jackass DURING a movie screening though, that's some bullshit right there.

CobiWann posted:

She's on Season 9.

I... I don't understand? :confused:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Brown Bunny I have never seen but the John Frusciante sound track is weird and fun.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I... I don't understand? :confused:

Neither do I, sir. Neither do I.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This movie is so aggressively stupid that I'm kinda coming back around to loving it

https://twitter.com/BoxrecGrey/status/1279215739459776512

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bill clinton is on the flight logs of the money plane

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

This movie is so aggressively stupid that I'm kinda coming back around to loving it

https://twitter.com/BoxrecGrey/status/1279215739459776512

My bet is that the alligator is straight up not having a good time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Subtle good touch calling it a money plane and not THE money plane. Leaves room for sequels.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Sorry, I'll stick to Money Train, thank you. Trains are more environmentally friendly than a plan after all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Money Plane spoilers (yes I saw it)

Edge is in one fight scene and doesn't even do a spear. F

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Money Plane spoilers (yes I saw it)

Edge is in one fight scene and doesn't even do a spear. F

WWE or AEW need to hire his henchwoman though, she was the best thing about the movie.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

My bet is that the alligator is straight up not having a good time.

I feel like only Meng could make that work, so you're probably right

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really like the dishonored games a hell load.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I wish I liked Archer more but it’s been doing the same jokes pretty much it’s whole run. It was great for three seasons, but Archer not caring/Cheryl being weird/Pam being a living manifestation of Id etc. in a new setting doesn’t really make laugh.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're finally adding that donkey kong to the switch snes library. very nice my rewind

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I didn't realize Horizon Zero Dawn actually had an official release date on Steam, comes out in a month and now I'll finally get to play it and find out whether Ted Faro is a jerk or not.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't realize Horizon Zero Dawn actually had an official release date on Steam, comes out in a month and now I'll finally get to play it and find out whether Ted Faro is a jerk or not.

yo Ted Faro is pretty hosed up

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

This is your monthly reminder - gently caress Ted Faro.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5eYlwlqCh8

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Just buy a ps4/ps5 you jerk you're making mod money!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ted Faro is an anagram of ”O! Farted!”

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Alaois posted:

yo Ted Faro is pretty hosed up

this sentence is so correct but also so wrongFUCKTEDFARO

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Me today

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Happy birthday

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Please dont bother children. they are the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Sigh...between COVID, the sexual assault/pestering throughout wrestling, the whole SA forums drama, the creator/writer of some of my favorite games being accused of sexual assault, JK Rowling being JK Rowling, and now the company that creates Dungeons & Dragons being outed as a horrible place to work, I'm legit starting to feel crushed inside. All the hobbies I love are turning out to hold something horrible under the surface, and all the creators whose works I enjoy are revealing themselves as spiteful people. I tried to watch The Usual Suspects the other day and had to turn it off 15 minutes through, and it's one of my favorite movies that influenced my love of cinema and creative style.

I'm running out of things to enjoy, and as petty as it sounds it's really weighing on my soul.

I swear, if anything truly horrible ever comes out about Doctor Who I'm going to quit. Just quit. Like, finding out David Tennant kicks puppies or Patrick Troughton wasn't a family man!

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 8, 2020