Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Critical posted:

so a somewhat normal dr appointment for my dad turned into "we need to clean out your carotid artery and make sure you don't need heart surgery"

so now he's having an emergency echocardiogram. if it's bad they might transfer and do surgery asap. and because this country is full of loving morons I can't even go see him.

gently caress, hope it turns out for the best :smith:

CobiWann posted:

My daughter turns sixteen tomorrow.

She was born when Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor.

What the gently caress, man.

But you said she was 16, that doesn't make... oh God, oh God no :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress, hope it turns out for the best :smith:

He's home and on a heart monitor for five days. Had an irregular heartbeat during a stress test so they're probably going to have to clean him out good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shayna Baszler posted:

i will be turning 15 on the 17th. you are all invited to my quinceañera.

can't wait for your feet fifteen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does anyone on here play valheim or have a 'server' or play on a 'server' <--- interrogative

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know a good place to post a gofundme link that might get a lot of eyeballs?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If you are getting hosed pretty bad, try contacting local media. they like picking up stories of companies bullying people, and people like reading/watching those and taking up arms. reddit also likes to do that and has hundreds of thousands of people on it. Not sure if these are really good ideas. just "thanking" as I post. (thanking = thinking in the local accent here, but not my accent, intentionally)

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 4, 2021

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My dog has an ear infection, this is some bullshit. My dog is great, infections. Take me instead!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've gotten my new computer and I just discovered Clone Hero and I'm gonna go deep down this rabbit hole.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

been playing loop hero and its insanely good

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i got really into ffxiv while i was in exile. i like the fishing.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

WatermelonGun posted:

i got really into ffxiv while i was in exile. i like the fishing.

hell yeah brother

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

hell yeah brother

the ff7 remake is on ps+ this month too, so it’s like i’m a kid and square is life again

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im playing ffx

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

im playing ffx

X-2 is top tier final fantasy for me and they should all have dresspheres

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remaster??? DE-master?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea x-2 kicks rear end. ffx was the first rpg i ever played besides pokemon so it has that Epic nostalgia grip on my nardsack. i play it every couple of years and love it every time except for the wack puzzle dungeons.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

remaster??? DE-master?

remaster :) :)Sorry! You tried to post too soon after your last post. This forum allows you to make one post every 10 seconds. You will be able to post in this forum at 17:57.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here are the ffx musics that piss me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93TJJpXzfgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M__hVE610U

that's it

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Those two songs are committing violence against my 10 year old self goddamn you Cav.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i like via purifico song and the area isnt too bad and you can use an elixir on the boss

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

can't believe people are posting FFX music and not the only song from FFX that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8C3WyGWiY0

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

i like via purifico song and the area isnt too bad and you can use an elixir on the boss

This forum allows you to make one post every 10 seconds. You will be able to post in this forum at 69:69.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lucky me

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm getting back on the FFXII horse and the section where you get to spread around information is extremely fun, I'd love a game built around a system like that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I’M BAUSCH OF DALMASXA

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

I’M BAUSCH OF DALMASXA

That one's good but I'm talking about the later one where you have to overhear things and tell them to other people.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So now that I have a 3080 - what game should I test it out on that has good RTX ray tracing poo poo?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

So now that I have a 3080 - what game should I test it out on that has good RTX ray tracing poo poo?

Control. Lots of office windows and tile floors to do neat reflections.

I only used it for a few minutes since PS5 can only do 30fps with rt on but it looked really good

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
FFX has my favourite combat of all of the FF games I've played.

LIVE AND LET LIVE

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I went back to Elder Scrolls Online. I like the world and I like the dungeons.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spoke with several lawyers. They all told me it would cost 10s of thousands to defend myself. I'm contacting the person who is suing me to see if I can settle because I just can't deal with this poo poo anymore.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched some crap called le trou. it kicked rear end.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

Seconding the recommendation for Control, it looks fantastic when everything is turned up.

Shard posted:

Spoke with several lawyers. They all told me it would cost 10s of thousands to defend myself. I'm contacting the person who is suing me to see if I can settle because I just can't deal with this poo poo anymore.

Well that sucks tremendous balls, sorry :smith:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Managed to throw an immaculate inning (3 strike outs on 9 pitches, statistically rarer than a perfect game) with my Road to the Show guy and I'm unreasonably proud of it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how many fouls. just curious not trying to say anything

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

five I think? foul foul miss, miss foul miss, foul foul call

my guy is a 6'7" randy johnson copy with a 99mph cutter and a 91 slider so it's starting to get unfair on all star

one thing i've noticed is if you're running well the AI will randomly decide "gently caress this dude" and the next guy you face will foul off everything until you walk him or he gets a hit, usually 12 pitches later.

or you can have a no-no going in the sixth but your stamina is mediocre so they pull you since you hit your 85 pitches

my favorite is when we're trailing and they let me hit and then immediately pull me before the next inning starts. wouldn't want any of that offense would we?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have not played a baseball game since the psp ones but i would quit playing a lot because of the times when i was on pace to get a complete game before 100 pitches but would get pulled after the 8th inning. it doesn't mean anything but i wanted them. mlb 11. thank you for reading

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I bought Neo Turf Masters for the Switch. I apologize for personally sending $6.99 to the MBS

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finally started playing Hollow Knight. It’s good and I like it. I will never stop loving Metroidvanias. What’s that one fairly recent shameless Metroid ripoff game, I need to get that if it’s on the Play Station. Edit: it appears I was talking about Axiom Verge. I’m gonna play it. Edit 2: It’s on sale so I bought it

Also played the PS Plus game Remnant with a buddy for a bit. Looks like rear end but the action is good as is hanging out on voice chat with a friend

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Critical posted:

five I think? foul foul miss, miss foul miss, foul foul call

my guy is a 6'7" randy johnson copy with a 99mph cutter and a 91 slider so it's starting to get unfair on all star

one thing i've noticed is if you're running well the AI will randomly decide "gently caress this dude" and the next guy you face will foul off everything until you walk him or he gets a hit, usually 12 pitches later.

or you can have a no-no going in the sixth but your stamina is mediocre so they pull you since you hit your 85 pitches

my favorite is when we're trailing and they let me hit and then immediately pull me before the next inning starts. wouldn't want any of that offense would we?
last time i played a pitcher in rtts they were a knuckler and it was fun for a while but comparatively there’s very little skill involved in it so it gets old