Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

1. Rope
2. Vertigo
3. North By Northwest
4. Dial M For Murder
5. The 39 Sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i think columbo was mostly tv movies so my answer is all the columbos

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

How does everyone feel about the one Hitchcock where he just let Sean Connery behave as he normally would for a couple hours

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

yea ok posted:

i like olivier's hamlet but if im gonna watch shakespeare on film i'll watch welles crap if i have my Druthers
e; never seen kenny's though

Hamlet makes long angry argument speeches to himself; forgot how much I identified with him

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

There's something sexy about movies.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Adam Sandler makes the sexiest movies

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jokes aside though Uncut Gems is the best Sandler movie since Punch Drunk Love and the only one of his like last fifteen years I would recommend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

and the only one of his like last fifteen years I would recommend

He extended his Netflix deal last month for like five more comedy films, so this might not change for another fifteen

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

He extended his Netflix deal last month for like five more comedy films, so this might not change for another fifteen

It's like he only has enough effort in him to do one good one each decade or so

His movies are apparently still wildly popular though because they keep throwing money at him so I guess I've just aged out of his target demo and I'm ok with that. Uncut Gems was legit good and brought my anxiety levels up pretty high though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Like so many nights before this one, I couldn't decide what to watch so I just threw on The Raid again. Hot drat that movie slaps as much on the 20th watch as it did on the first.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

mabye illw atch that after"The bierds" sorry for typos my desk is clutterd from homework and i have to arch my hands a weird way

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Enjoy the berbs yea ok

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's like he only has enough effort in him to do one good one each decade or so

He gave an interview where he was like "if I'm not nominated by the Academy for the effort I put into Uncut Gems, I'm gonna make worse films on purpose" and people thought it was a joke, and then a week or two after the Oscar nominations were given the Netflix extension news got confirmed, so I can't really say Adam isn't a man of his word

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When I don't know what to watch I put on mst3k

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Whoops! This was meant for the podcast thread, my bad

illcendiary fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 26, 2020

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I forgot how hilarious Hamlet is. Polonius is such a buffoon and Branagh is just chewing scenery, gently caress yeah

Lookit this dude:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

He gave an interview where he was like "if I'm not nominated by the Academy for the effort I put into Uncut Gems, I'm gonna make worse films on purpose" and people thought it was a joke, and then a week or two after the Oscar nominations were given the Netflix extension news got confirmed, so I can't really say Adam isn't a man of his word

lol his threat would probably hold more water if he didn't churn out garbage the other 98 percent of his career

I can't say I'd nominate him for an oscar for his performance but it was a good performance in an intense movie

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dimebags Brain posted:

Conan the Barbarian
Total Recall
Terminator 1 & 2
Predator
Commando

What I'm saying is that Arnold is our greatest living actor.

You aren't wrong, also should read his autobiography, it's really good

Shard posted:

Good taste

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol his threat would probably hold more water if he didn't churn out garbage the other 98 percent of his career

I can't say I'd nominate him for an oscar for his performance but it was a good performance in an intense movie

The thought I always have in response to "See I could make good stuff if I tried!" is always "So why don't you?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gray Lensman has a pretty extended riff of ol Kimball Kinnison molesting and gas lighting women. Kimball's supposed to go on to be the galaxy's greatest dad after this. Yeesh.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Shard posted:

This is always the correct action

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol i didn't expect dude's eyeballs to just be gone. those rotten birds

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

has anyone seen these really long movies:
until the end of the world
once upon a time in america

i want to watch one soon :) so if you've seen one or two or three tell me they're good

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Just installed and played the first hour of wolfenstein the new colossus and yeah that loving sucked. Wow alarms and boring slogs. Fantastic. And no, the power fantasy of killing nazis lost its appeal when I realized "making nazis cool and powerful" for the last fifty years is part why our culture isn't doing as well as it should.

But XGP is wonderful and just offered Yakuza 0, which is good right? Is that a good start to the series?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yea ok posted:

has anyone seen these really long movies:
until the end of the world
once upon a time in america

i want to watch one soon :) so if you've seen one or two or three tell me they're good

1900 is cool if you wanna listen to morricone music for over 4 hours and see deniro hang dong at some point into the film.

until the end of the world is a bit navel gazey for my taste. if you like lars von trier you might enjoy it. i hate lars von trier except for antichrist and dancer in the dark (more of an irony pick to laugh at bjork being hammy)

once upon a time in america is very good if you can tolerate james woods being on your screen. i know some people cannot, because of the things he says and believes nowadays.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thanks my man. i'm a von trier liker (jeers fill the room) yes yes its true the end of melancholia was perfection (tomatoes being thrown now)

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

Spiderdrake posted:

Just installed and played the first hour of wolfenstein the new colossus and yeah that loving sucked. Wow alarms and boring slogs. Fantastic. And no, the power fantasy of killing nazis lost its appeal when I realized "making nazis cool and powerful" for the last fifty years is part why our culture isn't doing as well as it should.

But XGP is wonderful and just offered Yakuza 0, which is good right? Is that a good start to the series?

Yakuza 0 is fantastic. It was the first I played in the series (although I knew the basic plot of 1) and I was hooked quickly. So no prior knowledge is needed, just a high tolerance for wacky 80s japanese shenenigans and EXTREMELY SERIOUS MEN TALKING TO EACH OTHER ABOUT THINGS.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol
edit:

yea ok fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 26, 2020

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I just finished Kentucky Route Zero and I honestly don't understand the praise at all. Act I was very good but IV and V feel like high school creative writing projects. It's silly for the sake of being silly and completely loses touch with any kind of story.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spiderdrake posted:

Yakuza 0 rules. Since playing it I have bought and played Kiwami, Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6 and Judgement. I have also just bought the collection of 3, 4 and 5 and am playing through 3 at present.

I hate that for so long I totally dismissed these wonderfully weird games but at least this way I've basically been able to binge outrageously on them I'm about a 2 year period.

Play all the Yakuza games.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Better Call Saul is back and it's already very good

Edit: Oh poo poo two episodes in the first week? Awesome

Nacho is a total badass

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

thanks my man. i'm a von trier liker (jeers fill the room) yes yes its true the end of melancholia was perfection (tomatoes being thrown now)

:same:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what the hell

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the onyl good nazi game is the Sniper Elite series because it reduces the nazis to trickshot targets. Plus the explosions are soothing.

Still pretty :stare: at my re-read of the Lensman. I went in expecting to be "lol look at them, they're playing with mercury" instead I stumbled into some pretty classist, racist and misogynistic stuff.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

New Order was good but The New Colossus is pretty clearly designed to suggest you should sneakily kill the captains or whatever and prevent them from triggering alarms, yet most of the levels are so wide open that it's impossible to play with any kind of stealth. I just turned the difficulty down to its lowest setting and blasted through everyone.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cavauro posted:

what the hell

Looks like a Zemeckis movie

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have loved all the new Wolfenstein games. They just feel so fun to play. I also love how the company making them has leaned in to know gently caress Nazis they are the worst despite all the bullshit anger that popped up before the second game came out.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bethesda bled out a good dev studio until they died while making a game for them because the dev refused to be bought out after not receiving the money they were promised for development, which was Bethesda's plan the whole time. The game was then cancelled. I promise you they will lean into loving nazis if it becomes the truly popular thing with the majority of people. They are utter scum in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to buy the next Elder Scrolls