Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ganso Bomb posted:

The only Lord of the Ring I care about is Diamond Dallas Page

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Balls

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Off of a brain bleed, I’m rooting for the Mets opening day in a couple of minutes. Hope springs eternal but I really need better, healthierhobbies to pour myself into.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Off of a brain bleed, I’m rooting for the Mets opening day in a couple of minutes. Hope springs eternal but I really need better, healthierhobbies to pour myself into.

This is our year, TV Zombie. The curvature of baseball bends towards justice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seems like mets fans are indifferent to films, on average

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
nice work there from Quintana finding his way out of the inning, helps that Hoskins is nearly immobile at this point

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just got back from Godzilla x Kong new empire. Easily my favorite of the Legendary zilla films since 2014. It's way more focused and the journey is less all over the planet.

There is a non zero amount of wrestling moves in the film. Also it's just glorious schlock. One of my favorite parts was so absurd and wild that my son and I were cracking up in the theater. The team ups are amazing and great. There is a freaking tag team match at one point.

Also the villain is great. Just an unrepentant rear end in a top hat. It's just Scar from Lion King. He also reminded me of that kind of crazy portrayal like the one evil kid in Battle Royale. Just kinda lanky and lazy but loving nutso. Like a straight up mad king.

Also you just gotta accept things - there are things that may as well be magic that happen. And it was kinda funny when I'm seeing this destruction and it's like well that's a bunch of dead people. In the more serious movies that's treated with a lot of gravity. But it this they just dont really mention it and they don't even bother with a throwaway line like they somehow evacuated the entire area in a few minutes. But whatever.

The movie also ends pretty suddenly but not in a bad way. It was like this is what we promised and now it is done. No post credit scene either.

This is why Godzilla rules. You can get crazy movies like this and Final Wars or you can get deep films like the original, shin and minus one.

Shard fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 29, 2024

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

First dinger of the year

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

https://youtu.be/Mb3BkrORqv4?si=e8fM07ES9Ag1rzph

Go Braves.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What did I do in a previous life to be cursed with this many Braves fans as otherwise posting chums.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The Braves are too good for me to root for anymore. Now I'm a Devil Rays fan

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NienNunb posted:

First dinger of the year

IIIIIT’S DIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
bream was out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

What did I do in a previous life to be cursed with this many Braves fans as otherwise posting chums.

If it makes you feel better I hate the braves

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My dad liked the Braves. (this is a biting insult, he was the worst person I have ever known)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Shard posted:

Just got back from Godzilla x Kong new empire. Easily my favorite of the Legendary zilla films since 2014. It's way more focused and the journey is less all over the planet.

There is a non zero amount of wrestling moves in the film. Also it's just glorious schlock. One of my favorite parts was so absurd and wild that my son and I were cracking up in the theater. The team ups are amazing and great. There is a freaking tag team match at one point.

Also the villain is great. Just an unrepentant rear end in a top hat. It's just Scar from Lion King. He also reminded me of that kind of crazy portrayal like the one evil kid in Battle Royale. Just kinda lanky and lazy but loving nutso. Like a straight up mad king.

Also you just gotta accept things - there are things that may as well be magic that happen. And it was kinda funny when I'm seeing this destruction and it's like well that's a bunch of dead people. In the more serious movies that's treated with a lot of gravity. But it this they just dont really mention it and they don't even bother with a throwaway line like they somehow evacuated the entire area in a few minutes. But whatever.

The movie also ends pretty suddenly but not in a bad way. It was like this is what we promised and now it is done. No post credit scene either.

This is why Godzilla rules. You can get crazy movies like this and Final Wars or you can get deep films like the original, shin and minus one.

Got a ticket for an IMAX showing tonight. Can't wait

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hoskins as my new Utley? He’s too inconsequential.

Also the Mets offense is just Lindor. There’s no need to fear anyone else

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seymour Weiner

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ll see the lizard and ape because Dan Stevens and Rebecca Hall are in it and I think they’re both great.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

big time opening day win for my braves, love to see it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I watched Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack with my son because he wanted to see evil Godzilla. Now I'm watching fury road. Love this drat film

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

how do you feel about furiosa shard

like i wanna see it, i dont think it'll be nearly as good as fury road but it IS still george miller so it will probably be pretty drat good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TV Zombie posted:

Hoskins as my new Utley? He’s too inconsequential.

I don't know what an Utley is but I won't hear a bad word spoken about Bob Hoskins :mad:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Reminds me I gotta see if anyone translated any more of the 60s Astroboy TV show. It’s 15 minutes of a little kid beating the piss out of Adults. Right up there with Sukeban Deka.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

how do you feel about furiosa shard

like i wanna see it, i dont think it'll be nearly as good as fury road but it IS still george miller so it will probably be pretty drat good

I wanna see it to see Chris Hemsworth get real weird with it

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

coconono posted:

Reminds me I gotta see if anyone translated any more of the 60s Astroboy TV show. It’s 15 minutes of a little kid beating the piss out of Adults. Right up there with Sukeban Deka.

did you watch pluto

its very good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

After watching Fury Road, decided to play that Mad Max game. It's got such a good gameplay loop

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think I called the final design of my car the Ultimate Chad Box because I cheesed all the stats.

That was such a great game to tear rear end around for an hour and feel refreshed.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NC STATE LET loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

now lets go duke so we get state v duke in the elite eight

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thought Late Night With The Devil was dogshit, if we’re still allowed to be honest in this thread.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Thought Late Night With The Devil was dogshit, if we’re still allowed to be honest in this thread.

i liked the trailer i guess but how egregious was the AI work

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

i liked the trailer i guess but how egregious was the AI work

The little screen transitions that twitter is talking about were decently prevalent but the main logo of the fake show is on screen for 95% of the shots and is also generative ai slop. Take this from someone who loves 70’s-themed keys being jingled in my face, this brings very little to the table. Stick with Ghostwatch.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

seems like mets fans are indifferent to films, on average

https://twitter.com/MetsdUp/status/1773781160155357520?t=rvYbss_3dU_rw15EZlfsAg&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

uconn, tennessee, duke, alabama. the final four is going to be 4 of my 5 most disagreeable schools in sports overall. it's pronounced "shools"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

let’s go duke baby, love my blue devils

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That dude looks like the war is still inside him. I hope he’s getting that looked at.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A blessed Easter Weekend to my gen chat friends. What’s everyone’s big plan for the weekend? I’ve got a novel-length honeydew list I’m staring down the barrel of currently but I’ll be rewarding myself with a big barbecued pork shoulder for Easter dinner.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Got some pork belly and brisket in the smoker, my braves are gonna smoke the Phillies again, then my arsenal will be defeating man city tomorrow morning before my duke blue devils fell the noble but weak nc state Wolfpack on the way to another blue devils ncaa championship

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Today is my birthday so I'm just chilling and tomorrow I'm going to have lunch with my mom and then maybe go see my grandpa :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

hbd