Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mankind Divided felt like a sequel to a completely different game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My top five most favoritest games of all times, in no specific order:

1. MGS3
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Sid Meier's Pirates! (probably the nes version specifically)
4. Goldeneye
5. Mario RPG

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

No order

-Red Dead 2
-Fire Pro World (would say Returns for how much it meant to me in hs/college but World just owns so much)
-MGS2
-Mario World
-Earthbound
-Undertale
-skate 3
-MGS3
-Halo 3
-HL 2

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Mankind Divided felt like a sequel to a completely different game.

which is fitting with Deus Ex tradition

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm watching modern hitchcock movies aka brian de palma movies lol. anyways they're good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

i'm watching modern hitchcock movies aka brian de palma movies lol. anyways they're good

Untouchables

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Untouchables is a top 5 movie for me. I just posted a top 5 please let me have some cool down. thank you

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

- FO:NV
- Outer Wilds

everything else is garbage by comparison

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have no grand reason for it but Fallout does nothing for me. Not into the basic concept. Gimme fantasy poo poo over post apocalypse any day.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

- Fallout NV
- Mass Effect 2
- Red Dead 2
- Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)
- Freedom Fighters (PS2)
- Def Jam: FFNY
- Rescue: The Embassy Mission (NES)
- Ace Combat 5 (PS2)
- RoboCop vs Terminator (Genesis)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Robocop vs Terminator on Genesis was the first violent video game I can remember playing. It's also the first stupid difficult game I remember playing. Still loved it regardless

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

- Outer Wilds

I gave outer wilds a shot a couple days ago and I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the zero g controls.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Robocop vs Terminator on Genesis was the first violent video game I can remember playing. It's also the first stupid difficult game I remember playing. Still loved it regardless

I played the hell out of it and yeah it was absurdly violent. I think every enemy explodes bloodily when you kill them.

I also don't know how the IP for that thing worked. How was there a RvT game but never a movie?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

- Outer Wilds

I really liked the outer wilds and I think my only complaint is that there is kind of a long gap between you figuring out all the puzzles and what you need to do to get the end and actually getting there. Which is a really specific pet peeve. I just love when you can get the ah-ha moment and instantly put it into action.

I love that game though. 11/10. Fun to play, neat story and world, cool puzzles.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Critical posted:

I gave outer wilds a shot a couple days ago and I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the zero g controls.

Are you using a controller with real analog triggers?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

In no particular order because I can never settle on an order.

- Final Fantasy Tactics
- Final Fantasy VI
- Skyrim
- Baldur's Gate II

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I have no grand reason for it but Fallout does nothing for me. Not into the basic concept. Gimme fantasy poo poo over post apocalypse any day.

I feel the same way about Splatoon. Evidently right down to the post apocalyptic part, weirdly enough

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
- BOTW

- XCOM2 and all DLC

- Slay the Spire

- Arkham Asylum/City/Origins/Knight

- Tie between Outer Wilds and Disco Elysium

Cheated. Don’t care.

I feel like I should like more older things but I guess I don’t.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Daggerfall, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, The Binding of Isaac, and the fifth slot is basically in permanent rotation but right now it's Mass Effect 1.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Baldur's Gate II
Civilization V (modded)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Zork II
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

World of Warcraft / The Burning Crusade / Wrath of the Lich King

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Fallout New Vegas
Yakuza 5
Kentucky Route Zero
Dwarf Fortress
Chrono Trigger

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
-Metal Gear Solid 3
-Super Mario Bros (specifically the Deluxe cart on GBC, that thing had so many extras)
-Mega Man Zero 3
-Chrono Trigger
-Can't think of a definite fifth at the moment so let's just say Celeste for now

EDIT: Bully is the real fifth but I still want to give props to Celeste

EDIT 2: GTA Chinatown Wars is the secret sixth

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 1, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

-chrono trigger
-bloodborne
-mystical ninja starring goemon
-dark souls
-shenmue

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Metroid Prime

Chrono Trigger

FF7

Super Mario Bros 3

and let's say persona 5

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Refunct

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

In the order I remembered them

Papers, Please
80 Days
TellTale Games’ The Walking Dead Season 1
Journey
Spelunky
Metroid Prime
The Binding of Isaac
Streets of Rage II
God of War 2018
Shadow of the Colossus

I’ve probably forgotten some games I used to loves to bits, especially if they’re older, but whatever

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Also River City Ransom, Link's Awakening, LTTP, Super Metroid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Arcanum.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I didn't hate how Penny Dreadful ended.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love the arcades and I spent a lot of money on the Simpsons game and teenage mutant ninja Turtles

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Some of my fondest game memories are playing Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries with a joystick I found at a goodwill

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m gonna build an airbrush spray booth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I finally finished season 2 of Mob Psycho 100. It's still such a wonderfully wholesome show about a good and sweet little boy who happens to have incredible psychic powers he's not particularly interested in using.

More than anything else though, I absolutely adored this moment showing people's reactions to the supervillain revealing his plan to take over the world:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

I’m gonna build an airbrush spray booth.
I’m real lax with airbrush safety. I just use a cardboard box. I do wear a mask tho

If I was spraying anything nastier than water-based acrylics then I would absolutely make a proper booth for it

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
You could also throw Until Dawn on my list. The winter break I played that game was when I truly bonded with my stepdaughter. I still remember when she hugged me after I managed to save everyone.

Granted today she’s a sullen teenager who’s sick of quarantine, but who here isn’t?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

You could also throw Until Dawn on my list. The winter break I played that game was when I truly bonded with my stepdaughter. I still remember when she hugged me after I managed to save everyone.

Granted today she’s a sullen teenager who’s sick of quarantine, but who here isn’t?

I know I feel like an angsty teenage girl on my best days

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Was thinking about this concept last night when describing Twisted Metal to my fiancé/m: what are some games (or movies or shows or whatever) that were huge at their time but have almost zero cultural footprint right now. I was also thinking of Medal of Honor. Like both of those franchises felt decently big when I was an adolescent but are more or less extinct at this point.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Lemmings was a franchise and no one on earth gives a poo poo about it anymore.

Worms is still being made but only approximately 94 Worms Fans(tm) play them

Is Crash Bandicoot still a thing, I only see it posted in Critical Irony Nostalgia Zone type places online

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Crash wasn't a thing for a while but now it's back babey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

virtua fighter and unreal tournament. ultima.