Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
drat...directors who never had a bad film...

I can think of three. Akira Kurasawa, Quentin Tarantino, and Martin Scorsese. They made have had some "eh" films but they've never had an out-and-out clunker.

I'd throw Sergio Leone up there as well after some thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I've liked every movie Rian Johnson has done so far including The Forbidden Movie

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Miyazaki. His worst (Howl's Moving Castle) only ever reaches the depth of "pretty good"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dangerous Person posted:

I've liked every movie Rian Johnson has done so far including The Forbidden Movie
Brick was so cool. Like it’s not amazing but there’s so many ideas in there. It’s the most “director finally getting to make his first movie” movie imaginable

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

No joke guys, I got offered a job for a company run by the Harts.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
well obviously they offered you the job, Hart's always have to go over

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

IMO he still hasn't topped Brick, but even his worst movies are still interesting and technically impressive

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I am so conflicted - i want to post a thread in the ask a scientist forum but i cant find a post that would cover my ask.

All i want is given the changes in paleontology and knowledge of dinosaurs in my lifetime to the full understanding they were protobirds.

Did dinosaurs tweet?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lid posted:

Did dinosaurs tweet?

Yeah, but i think they're all moving to Parler

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

kurosawa has many bad movies

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Directors that have never made a good or bad movie and are well known.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Alfonso Cuarón?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I just want to know if we can conclusively prove Jurassic Park roars dont exist but instead Tyrannosaurus sounded like a giant seagull

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lid posted:

I just want to know if we can conclusively prove Jurassic Park roars dont exist but instead Tyrannosaurus sounded like a giant seagull

Current research indicates that it's more like those rumbling noises that Crocodiles make, but since a T-Rex is a lot bigger the effect is a lot more magnified, like if you were close enough you'd feel it with your entire body

Lid posted:

I am so conflicted - i want to post a thread in the ask a scientist forum but i cant find a post that would cover my ask.

All i want is given the changes in paleontology and knowledge of dinosaurs in my lifetime to the full understanding they were protobirds.

Did dinosaurs tweet?

Well going off my recent reading on the subject, it seems that once we started finding smaller theropods and especially Archaeopteryx(this was back in the mid 19th century mind you) pretty much everyone came to agree that Birds* were at the very least related to the Archosaurs in some manner, though whether they were their own unique branch or a offshoot of the Dinosaurs remained in debate till relatively recently

Of course between this and the evolving(pun intended) understanding of the evolution of Mammals has led to the realization that Reptile as a term, much like it is with Fish is a pretty meaningless term, at least in the way it currently is used by the layman

*prior to this what birds were related to was heavily debated and poorly understood

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The Chiodo Bros. made the perfect film and then went back to SFX work

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

kurosawa has many bad movies

I'd like to see you do better, tough guy? Idiot?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i cant

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when I said nunb nuts in another thread, I was referring to your favorite nut. Which one is it? some examples: pistachios, cashews, and other nuts that are drupe seeds as opposed to "true" nuts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

to the people in a different thread in this sub that strongly hinted today they wanted me gone, it is with great sadness i say "kiss my rear end". i know my rear end deserves better treatment, but sometimes sacrifices must be made

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Same drat thread as mine

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not actually assassinated

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love a classic pea nut

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i see the jars that say "less than 50% peanuts" i'm going to not buy them because my friend wouldn't approve

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Making all of your nut and legume-based purchases based on the whims of your fat loser internet friend who doesn't even like Star Wars

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i pick the tater salad guy. as my main

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Personally I main Foxworthy but when I'm playing Blue Collar Comedy X (pronounced Cross) Original Kings Of Comedy it's Bernie Mac or bust

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I like cashews. I like walnuts but in things, not just to eat by themselves. Those are the best nuts, to me. Just wanted to be part of the conversation, sorry for the intrusion

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh my goddd Donnie Yen is making a Sleeping Dogs movie

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Walnuts, peanuts, pineapple smells, grapes melons oranges and coconut shells

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The game was real good so I'm excited

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

member this. violence warning...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE2ADqLuzvU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

It's one of my all time favourites and Donnie Yen is amazing. I literally yelped when I saw that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im kicking rear end in diablo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The game was real good so I'm prepared for utter disappointment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo, yes!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

get the gently caress outta here holy shittttttt

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I feel like I single-handedly wished this movie into existence so, you're welcome everyone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one remembered it, or observed silence to teach me a lesson.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I like cashews and pistachios the best of nuts.

I’m jealous of you guys who can watch most movies. The most I can handle right now is Jackie Chan flicks and anime. I watched Gundam F91 which was not great but still a lot of fun to watch.

If you have the option to see F91, I’d say watch the first thirty minutes or so until the scene in the first colony is done. You won’t even see the titular Gundam; this is okay. If you want to see it doing cool things, do a google image search and find some Gunpla. It’s a great design for a mobile suit and I’m excited to build the Gunpla, but the movie is kind of poo poo because it’s a compilation of a series that was cut short anyway.

That is my contribution to movie chat. Hopefully one day I can watch something in live action that doesn’t star Jackie Chan. But if that is my fate, I accept this, and I will watch Police Story again and again with grim determination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I feel you. I’m not in the mental headspace to enjoy anything but happy superficial genre trash. But I like happy superficial genre trash, so it’s cool.