Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

NienNunb posted:

Some of those recent Transformers comics are actually very good

is more than meets the eye still running? i loved it until i caught up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
is there a transformer that turns into a fishing boat? that's the one i would want to be friends with. they say the best boat is your friend's boat, and my friend would be the boat. bonus points if it's a lady transformer

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

leaning into boat as yonic symbolism is way too smart for this franchise

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wouldn't it be cool to go out on a boat and hang with your boys? Have a few beers, cast a few lines. That'd be nice.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My favorite kill in GOT

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1289235396409188352?s=19

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's everyone's favorite comedy movie? What makes ya belly laugh? What's the most cutting satire? This is an incredibly important genre to me because it was the first one I was obsessed with. I wasn't an action movie kid, I was the kid who rented the same Steve Martin cassettes from the library every week.

The Producers, Dr Strangelove, Rushmore, Beetlejuice, Superbad, Tampopo, Wedding Singer, all the Jackass Movies, they all mean the absolute world to me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Just had a covid test wheeeeeee

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cabin boy but i haven't seen it since the 1990s

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

airplane

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

cabin boy but i haven't seen it since the 1990s

https://youtu.be/hPGSLiLm43E

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Real Life is one that always hits for me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's favorite comedy movie? What makes ya belly laugh? What's the most cutting satire? This is an incredibly important genre to me because it was the first one I was obsessed with. I wasn't an action movie kid, I was the kid who rented the same Steve Martin cassettes from the library every week.

The Producers, Dr Strangelove, Rushmore, Beetlejuice, Superbad, Tampopo, Wedding Singer, all the Jackass Movies, they all mean the absolute world to me.
the part of Night On Earth set in Italy made me laugh so hard I couldn’t breathe

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

Real Life is one that always hits for me

I watched this based on your recommendation a while ago and I was crying laughing. It's 70s Nathan For You. Albert Brooks is a loving genius.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Tommy Boy is my favorite, maybe my favorite movie ever, just timeless and funny.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hey Richard, who's your favorite little rascal? Alfalfa, or is it....Spanky?

Sinner

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

freddy got fingered is unironically one of the funniest movies of all time and ive died on this hill since sneaking into the theater to see it at age 10

blazing saddles still holds up

not supposed to be a comedy but neil breen movies always make me howl

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

freddy got fingered is unironically one of the funniest movies of all time and ive died on this hill since sneaking into the theater to see it at age 10

"give me back my plant"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lid posted:

Just had a covid test wheeeeeee
The nose one? My sister had one and said it's very... Perturbing.

I do sinus rinses so I wonder if I'd be better adjusted to it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Spiderdrake posted:

The nose one? My sister had one and said it's very... Perturbing.

I do sinus rinses so I wonder if I'd be better adjusted to it.

Yeah they swab your throat while going aaaaaaa and then they shock into your nostrils until it tickles your brain amd your eyes tear up. The eyes tearing up btw is on purpose, its the sign they reached the right part of the sinuses. They have to go deep.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Clue, Airplane, The Blues Brothers.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Paper Lion posted:

blazing saddles still holds up

not supposed to be a comedy but neil breen movies always make me howl

RLM's talk about Freddy Got Fingered is so cathartic for me because I thought it was genius when I first saw it and for my entire life everyone except for them just didn't see what I saw.

I feel the same way about Cat in the Hat. It's only one to two steps below Jim Carrey Grinch when it comes to Hieronymus Bosch visions of hell put to screen but where it really differs is that I think it's a genuinely funny, weird movie that 99% people just had and still have guttural negative reactions to on principal alone. Like a week doesn't go by where I don't think about the scene where Beans from Even Stevens smacks Mike Myers Cat in the balls.

https://youtu.be/XpxwtAII3K8

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i saw Kingpin in theaters when i was 11 or 12 and i don't think i ever laughed so hard at a movie. i haven't seen it since

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

First time I saw The Big Lebowski I was struggling for breath I was laughing so hard :shobon:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The hardest I've ever laughed at a movie was when I saw Borat at 14 and he was naked and fighting his manager through the hotel.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Paddington and Paddington 2 are real treasures that I saw early last year when I really needed them. The car chase in, I think the first one, was so good. I couldn’t catch my breath.

I also spent a lot of time watching Superbad and Beerfest, but I don’t know anymore if they are good; they’re just part of my brain.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Airplane and Airplane 2 are real good. I also recently watched Dewey Cox, and though it is not on the fast track to being my fav, I liked it a lot better than I would have presumed an Apatow-penned spoof film would be.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Stupids with Tom Arnold is a forgotten classic in my eyes. A distant of relative of mine actually wrote "I'm my own Grandpa"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

The hardest I've ever laughed at a movie was when I saw Borat at 14 and he was naked and fighting his manager through the hotel.

People disrespect this one because it's more meme than movie at this point but it's legit the funniest thing I had seen at that point in my life. I was wheezing when I snuck in to see it in theaters.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

People disrespect this one because it's more meme than movie at this point but it's legit the funniest thing I had seen at that point in my life. I was wheezing when I snuck in to see it in theaters.

I had a high school journalism teacher who was a pretty cool guy and as a treat for the paper and yearbook staffs he wanted to do a movie night and wanted to know what movie we wanted to watch, and this kid Doug yelled Borat as a joke and the teacher didnt know any better and thought it was for real so he rented Borat. And after the movie he shut the doors and made us promise not to tell anyone he showed us Borat at school before we could go.

Sorry Mr Holmes cats out of the bag now

e: Bad Grandpa made me cry in theaters. Love the gay east st louis strip club and the child pageant scenes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is the funniest scene in maybe any movie ever. Be warned, it is of a man getting shoot badly concussed.

https://youtu.be/d-Gea137VRU

"Is Butterbean okay?"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I remember laughing a lot at Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in the theatre and now I'm kind of afraid to watch it again.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

borat was an incredible theater experience, i was like 16 or so and the theater had oversold tickets for it but letting everyone in so there were people sitting in the isles on the stairs just crammed literally as full of humans as a theater could be, and the laughter was truly nonstop and cacophonous. bruno was similar though i didnt like it quite as much. but seeing him rim the ghost of vanilli in a packed theater was a special moment. just like seeing nymphomaniac in a full scotiabank theater. that was just as funny.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The Jerk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HE REALLY HATES THESE CANS! :derp:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

NienNunb posted:

This is the funniest scene in maybe any movie ever. Be warned, it is of a man getting shoot badly concussed.

https://youtu.be/d-Gea137VRU

"Is Butterbean okay?"

I went with a bunch of friends to see Jackass in the theater and it's still the best movie-going experience I've ever had. Not a single person wasn't falling out of their chair laughing.

2 and 3 went too hard with gross out poo poo but the first one is a masterpiece of human achievement.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I can't speak for overall funniest movie but I thought I was going to die when Cartman charged up the swear word kamehamahas in South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
A Night at the Opera
Animal House
Airplane!
Clue
Hot Fuzz

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Naked Gun with a bullet. I love spoofs in general. When I was a kid I Didn't know that was there genre I called them the comedy movies where the universe wasn't like real life and wacky things could happen.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jerusalem posted:

HE REALLY HATES THESE CANS! :derp:

CUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Wild And Crazy Guy is a top 3 stand up performance