Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

One of my co workers died of covid. She worked the front desk. They want me to work the front desk tomorrow. More meat into the meat grinder. If I go silent for long enough it's because I'm loving dead

What the loving gently caress don't go unless they implement measures to ensure your safety.

I'm sorry about your co-worker Shard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the last two posts were some good and thoughtful things to say. i hope that there are at least some extra precautions being taken by the higher ups after a human being has passed away from something as horrible as poor and lazy management

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Shard, that is hosed, and your life has value.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joel Robinson or Mike T Nelson? I've always been more of a Mike person.

thanks everyone

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

joel was a bit more dry comedy than mike which i prefer but mike had a longer tenure and on average better material to work with so despite preferring joel most of my favourite episodes are mike ones.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I love them both but I think I lean more towards Mike

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Mike

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
I have no electricity. Please send electricity

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I love Joel's sleepy delivery and fatherly relationship with the bots more, plus he's never podcasted with the Earthworm Jim guy. Pretty easy choice for me. I still love the Pumaman episode though.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joel all the way. I don't hate Jonah Ray either, his episodes were fun.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Voted today and some good people and things won and I voted for them too. Democracy, yeah, that’s the ticket.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Paper Lion posted:

joel was a bit more dry comedy than mike which i prefer but mike had a longer tenure and on average better material to work with so despite preferring joel most of my favourite episodes are mike ones.
basically this for me too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Another co worker died. I've known this woman for 7 years. She was so nice to me and my family and now she's gone. I can't handle this. This loving sucks. I hate the people who think this virus is a hoax with every fiber of my being

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm so sorry, Shard.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

Another co worker died. I've known this woman for 7 years. She was so nice to me and my family and now she's gone. I can't handle this. This loving sucks. I hate the people who think this virus is a hoax with every fiber of my being

Jesus fuckin christ that is awful

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Fuckin awful, Shard. Hope you are staying as safe as possible.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That is terrible please be safe. The people who keep allowing this virus to ravage our country are truly bastards.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Shard posted:

Stay safe friend

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

movie report of the day
california suite - critter channel - check out this cast: jane fonda & alan alda as divorced people, michael caine and maggie smith as british people, walter matthau and elaine may as funny people, richard pryor and bill cosby (cancelled) as black people. now put them all in the same hotel and don't allow them to interact because this movie was based on some play that's told in 4 parts. fun enough. dame maggie smith won an oscar for this movie, where she portrays someone nominated for an oscar.

barbarella - critter channel - they should have calld THIS one fun with dick and jane, am i right fellas? absolutely loved this! just pure shlock sci-fi bullshit, fun sets, fun fun fun. kino. mwah.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

Please stay safe Shard, no job is worth getting sick over like this. Very sorry for your loss.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

A sane society would let me tell you no job is worth your life but fuckin here we are so I hope you're able to stay safe.

FALL GUYS PROBS

Memory game is basically free Kudos since you have to be Trump to fail it. just follow everyone. Reduce the movement time after the reveal and I think it will be better.

The "grab the tail" games could be shortened to 30 seconds since only the last ten seconds matters so I just try to jump on things I shouldn't for 90 seconds every round

Any of the points games could be shortened to a minute instead of 2 but grapplefucking someone away from a hoop is good times.

Once I learn how to throw people off ledges this might be the goat

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Critical posted:

FALL GUYS PROBS

Memory game is basically free Kudos since you have to be Trump to fail it. just follow everyone. Reduce the movement time after the reveal and I think it will be better.

The "grab the tail" games could be shortened to 30 seconds since only the last ten seconds matters so I just try to jump on things I shouldn't for 90 seconds every round

Any of the points games could be shortened to a minute instead of 2 but grapplefucking someone away from a hoop is good times.

Once I learn how to throw people off ledges this might be the goat

Agree to all of these. Seesaw is also too long imho. There needs to be more final games than royal fumble and grab the crown. I feel like tail tag is the final round in 9/10 games I play and I’m getting sick of it (esp. since it’s too drat long).

Overall I’d like them to try to reduce the time between rounds as well, just less time spent looking at the course or whatever.

Still a fun game I’m sure they’re gonna work on it a lot and add rounds so it should get even better. Good time waster

Edit: oh yeah I guess the hexagon game can also be the final round? Just got it but it was only the second time.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 6, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zWc0KOASA

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:3:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Someone deposited a big ol’ log of poo poo in the middle of the floor of the bicycle storage of my apartment building. Very interesting

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My dog got diagnosed with cancer about 3 months ago. She’s been in really good form since, but just in the last week or two it’s caught up with her :smith:

She’s slowed down a lot, doesn’t really want to run or chase me in the park anymore, kinda drags her back legs from time to time, that kind of thing. Fortunately she has zero issue jumping up onto the couch or into the car.

I have only ever owned one dog before, and he had a stroke so it was really easy to decide to put him to sleep. I’ve spent the last two weeks lying awake every night wondering how to know when the right time is with a slow decline. I’m really determined not to let her suffer at all, but I hate the idea of forever wondering if I let her go too soon. Is there even a correct or perfect way to tell? This sucks. Sorry for rambling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's so tough dude. the most important thing is that you are trying to do your best with it. i think it comes down to keeping up with the vet on pain assessment and management, and your dog being able and willing to eat and poop. and then if the vet can help the pup retain or regain the ability to do those

i'm assuming this is the same dog but i remember when you brought up her loyalty to groups of people, and how she is very inviting and just wants everyone to stay together and hang out forever, and that was very nice. thank you for caring for a good dog

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

My dog got diagnosed with cancer about 3 months ago. She’s been in really good form since, but just in the last week or two it’s caught up with her :smith:

She’s slowed down a lot, doesn’t really want to run or chase me in the park anymore, kinda drags her back legs from time to time, that kind of thing. Fortunately she has zero issue jumping up onto the couch or into the car.

I have only ever owned one dog before, and he had a stroke so it was really easy to decide to put him to sleep. I’ve spent the last two weeks lying awake every night wondering how to know when the right time is with a slow decline. I’m really determined not to let her suffer at all, but I hate the idea of forever wondering if I let her go too soon. Is there even a correct or perfect way to tell? This sucks. Sorry for rambling.

Hey, I'm sorry you have to deal with this, and the best I can really offer is that you'll know when the time is right. Cherish the time you have left, and do your best to make her happy and comfortable (which I'm sure you're doing), and it'll be as okay as it can be. And, trying to put this as kindly as I can, no matter how long you keep her going, it will never be enough for you, so ultimately you have to make the decision that's best for her as unselfishly as you can, which is definitely tough. But I think you'll know when she's ready.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I’m sorry your dog has cancer. gently caress cancer. Your dog sounds great and I’m sorry it is in pain.

Idk if it is helpful but here’s my story about my dog’s cancer and death:

My last dog had brain cancer. We were in denial about it for a while but after she had an MRI and the vet was like, “she’s got two weeks at most,” there was no more denial possible. We split the difference and arranged for someone to come over and put her down in our home a few days after the MRI.

If you can afford that last thing, I’d encourage you to. I don’t think there is anything wrong with taking a dog to the office to put it down, but it’s a new scary place and there’s lots of scared animal smells...we wanted her to be around a place and people we knew.

I was questioning whether we were doing it too soon even on that day. Seeing the reaction of the person who came to put her down (the cancer had bulged her eyeballs; it loving sucked) helped me understand we did the right thing.

I’ll never forget how our dog, who had been lethargic and barely moving all day—LEAPT up to greet the lady who came to put her down. She (our dog Molly) was like, “thank god I’ve been telling these idiots to do this for days.”

Stay in contact with your vet about pain levels. Try to get an estimate of life left. Remember that your dog has depended on you for every last thing in its life, and it’s depending on you to know when to go, and I’ll bet it’s trusted you to make a thousand right decisions for it and you’ve been right each time, so you’ll probably be right again.

I made her a big rear end steak and some bacon for breakfast, we went on a short walk, and then we had a bunch of stuff planned after it was done. I can’t watch the new Jumanji anymore but better to ruin that movie than to sit around wailing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

movie report of the day
whos afraid of virginia woolf - crittrer channel - dunno what to say really.

id like to take a moment to say to jesus wep that the best thing you can give a pet is a warm and care free life full of fun and joy. you'll know when the time is right. and if you don't, a vet surely will be there to guide your hand. Pets Rule

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

movie report of the day
whos afraid of virginia woolf - crittrer channel - dunno what to say really.

id like to take a moment to say to jesus wep that the best thing you can give a pet is a warm and care free life full of fun and joy. you'll know when the time is right. and if you don't, a vet surely will be there to guide your hand. Pets Rule

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BRAP BRAP

quote:

When a disgraced scientist who now works at his dad’s sushi shop gets into a minor bicycle accident, he ends up creating a huge-but-delicious problem that can only be described as MONSTER SEAFOOD WARS! Before you can say "colossal calamari", a squid, an octopus, and a crab - each as big as buildings - are wreaking massive kaiju havoc all over Tokyo! Beloved director Minoru Kawasaki (THE CALAMARI WRESTLER, EXECUTIVE KOALA) employs incredible oldschool techniques in this hilarious and heartfelt monster film, and brings back a disappearing genre in Japanese cinema known as "kigurumi tokusatsu", or, as we know them, sci-fi movies featuring actors in rubber giant monster costumes!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hardcore Henry is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies

It's back on Netflix

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I finally got LSD: Dream Emulator to run on my :filez: machine! :coolspot: My next goal is downloading Gamera 2000 b/c I watched a stream video that featured it and it looked extremely my jam

e: also Shard, not to boss you around or anything but please take care of yourself; even unemployment has to be better than death, and even this little community of internet randos would miss you, I dare say

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 7, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I am watching the light house, it’s pretty good. one scene I thought that(gross spoiler) William Dafoe’s cum was dripping down on Robert Pattison but it was an Octopus’s juice that was pretty freaky for a second so the reveal was
less weird to me after.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my power finally got turned on after 3 days. i can post with all of you again

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did you have to throw away any food in your fridge? as for me, i have lemons in there along with cheese, mustard, maize, summer squash, butter, egg yolk, pumpkin noodles, golden milk made with turmeric, starfruit, millet, and big bird's pecker which is orange with pink rings like his legs

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Cavauro posted:

did you have to throw away any food in your fridge? as for me, i have lemons in there along with cheese, mustard, maize, summer squash, butter, egg yolk, pumpkin noodles, golden milk made with turmeric, starfruit, millet, and big bird's pecker which is orange with pink rings like his legs

I hope you’re sending that last item to a museum which will appreciate it as the priceless cultural artifact it is :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We thankfully have two big generators we bought post-Sandy so we've been able to keep the fridge and some other quality of life amenities running. When I have power again I'm gonna watch so many critter channel movies to keep up with japey