Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my moderna shot stung really bad and smelled like bleach and Looked it. going to ask for one of the other ones for my second shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

a cyborg mug posted:

One of the kids I teach gave me a present today. A hand-painted portrait of Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

We talked about NGE a while back because she was watching it and I said it's one of my favorites but otherwise this was completely unprompted. I'm speechless. Kids these days

Sounds like you rule; that’s awesome

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you ask nicely they'll give you a third shot of Moderna, which will make you invulnerable to the South African and British strains of covid but will, unfortunately, immediately give you polio

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

If you ask nicely they'll give you a third shot of Moderna, which will make you invulnerable to the South African and British strains of covid but will, unfortunately, immediately give you polio

Tough but fair

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

Tough but fair

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Since we're talking about science...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JxK_IKP_XY

I have the two documentaries this company did on '80s horror and I've never been more satisfied with an online purchase. They do a DEEP dive with actors and crew from the '80s as well as modern commentary. The '80s defined my life and I was still blown away by just how many classic/memorable/cheesy sci-fi movies came from that decade. loving Krull, anyone?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Kinda thinking of diving really deep in to super sentai

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Krull owns.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Brut posted:

Kinda thinking of diving really deep in to super sentai

kyoryuger is really fun

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I got a phizer shot!!

*WHAT!?!?*

I got a moderna shot!!

*WHAT!?!?*

I got another drat phizer shot!!

*WHAT!?!?*

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've got the Phizer shot. I got the Moderna shot. I got that combination Phizer shot/Moderna shot

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I take the shots that remind me of the good times, I take the shots that remind me of the better times

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

I take the shots that remind me of the good times, I take the shots that remind me of the better times

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm johnson & johnson & johnson for you. how's that one. blue oyster shot

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

loving Krull, anyone?

I loving LOVE Krull. It's objectively terrible, but I love it regardless. I must have watched that movie 50 times as a kid. That South Park episode where Jesus pulls out the loving glaive out of nowhere to kill evangelists still makes me smile just to think about.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/ronnui_/status/1379440546914127872?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Playing Disco Elysium and I feel like this game eventually will be remembered as for it’s contribution to games as much as Watchmen was to comic books for people like me who aren’t really hip to things like I first read watchmen in high school because I read it was the only comic book on new york times 100 greatest novels list or whatever it was. I could see someone like my mother, who loves literature but hasn’t ever played a video game in her life being really taken in by this game, it really absorbs you in it’s world and the poetry in it’s writing never feels unintentionally over indulgent or trying to be profound. I really, really can’t wait to see what the developers do next.

This game and Outer Wilds really feel special in a way that reminded me why I like playing video games in spite of things like Gamers, Man-children and Corporations have done to make me hate the culture around it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

No "THIS POST CONTAINS NONFACTUAL COVID INFO" twitter edit.

So this checks out.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Playing Disco Elysium and I feel like this game eventually will be remembered as for it’s contribution to games as much as Watchmen was to comic books for people like me who aren’t really hip to things like I first read watchmen in high school because I read it was the only comic book on new york times 100 greatest novels list or whatever it was. I could see someone like my mother, who loves literature but hasn’t ever played a video game in her life being really taken in by this game, it really absorbs you in it’s world and the poetry in it’s writing never feels unintentionally over indulgent or trying to be profound. I really, really can’t wait to see what the developers do next.

This game and Outer Wilds really feel special in a way that reminded me why I like playing video games in spite of things like Gamers, Man-children and Corporations have done to make me hate the culture around it.

it's amazing what happens when an Estonian novelist who grew up playing D&D just decides to write a video game because he liked Planescape: Torment

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

it's amazing what happens when an Estonian novelist who grew up playing D&D just decides to write a video game because he liked Planescape: Torment

I need to check out his work for real I have so many books in my backlog though.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Got my first moderna shot yesterday. Only...um...a month and a half until I break quarantine and can hang out with my friends again.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Mine was Pfizer and I only had a sore arm for most of the next day

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Got my vax appointment for the 26th, can’t wait to get back to spitting in the mouths of strangers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Got my vax appointment for the 26th, can’t wait to get back to spitting in the mouths of strangers

There's been far too many people over the last year who don't want to be cool and have been getting away with it scott-free! :argh:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

RIP DMX

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

i thought that it was not looking good but not to the point where he died.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm seeing a lot of chatter about him being having died tonight on social media but it is possible they're wrong

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's alive but on life support. Everything makes it out to be a question of when.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
ruff ryders never die

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

As long as those strangers are also vaccinated!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.swtimes.com/news/201610...%20to%20police.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

that man is alive, he just transferred his life essence into the tree when he ran into it. he is eternal

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
RIP DMX your reaction to finding out about Barack Obama is an all time great moment

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Got worried when the light diminished

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Alaois posted:

I feel like DE's fate is to be remembered the same way as Torment, which is to say a thing that inspires a lot of creators but that only genre nerds really remember and talk about all that much

which is not a critique or a putdown, it loving rules and I cannot wait to see what people inspired by DE make in like 15 years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah look what avelone did 15 years after torment. post on incel gamergate forums about snowflakes. just fooling around; the other guy won't do that probably

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Apparently he’s still alive.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Opened the Awful app after being away from phone, saw only the last post, and thought it had finally been confirmed that Prince Philip is a vampire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Seams posted:

RIP DMX your reaction to finding out about Barack Obama is an all time great moment

"Can you vote?" "Nope."

I had never heard this before. Thanks for the introduction.