Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Has anyone seen Yojimbo? I have never seen a Kurosawa film before and my local theater is running it soon, was thinking of catching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

very nice list of korean films on the bottom of the previous page. For others

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I really liked Assassination.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's rumours going around that Konami are bringing back Silent Hill with two new games and I'm feeling that same horrible hype I used to feel back when I watched WWE when they announced a cool match I knew they'd make dumb somehow.

illcendiary posted:

Has anyone seen Yojimbo? I have never seen a Kurosawa film before and my local theater is running it soon, was thinking of catching it.

It's really great. If you've seen A Fistful of Dollars, it was the inspiration for that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Go see it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

There's rumours going around that Konami are bringing back Silent Hill with two new games and I'm feeling that same horrible hype I used to feel back when I watched WWE when they announced a cool match I knew they'd make dumb somehow.

It's called dread and :same:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Being labeled a "date rape enthusiast" as a sick burn (later changed to a "I was joking") for being an MMA by someone in D&D is certainly a new low for my experience on this website.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

illcendiary posted:

Yes. Go see it. It's a fantastic film (as is most of, if not all, of Kurosawa's films).

I'm also still shocked that Nioh was somehow linked to Kurosawa. Though I'm not 100% certain on the specifics of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mekchu posted:

Being labeled a "date rape enthusiast" as a sick burn (later changed to a "I was joking") for being an MMA by someone in D&D is certainly a new low for my experience on this website.

I hope you reported the post, that's some bullshit.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
MMA?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MMA fan, Mekchu missed a word. Turns out D&D discourse today includes sports fans' ideology because of Joe Rogan being a piece of poo poo (which tbf he absolutely is)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I hope you reported the post, that's some bullshit.

I did yeah. I don't believe the D&D mods will do anything given how absolutely terrible that subforum is with its liberal use of accusations of people etc.

The full quote was this after I talked about whether or not Joe Rogan endorsing Bernie was good or not and if he (Rogan) was actually relevant to people out in the real world.

quote:

VitalSigns has also conceded like a bunch of times already and it’s weird to see people keep trying to pick a fight with him and then acting like he’s the one who can’t admit he’s wrong.

Are all these people mma fans? Also mma is a sport for date rape enthusiasts. It’s boxing, but for guys who get Mudvayne tracks in their Spotify recommends.

Chris James 2 posted:

MMA fan, Mekchu missed a word. Turns out D&D discourse today includes sports fans' ideology because of Joe Rogan being a piece of poo poo (which for the record: he absolutely is)

Yeah sorry was phone posting.

Really it was "Joe Rogan endorsed Bernie, that's cool" (which it is) then turned to "Joe Rogan is a nobody, i haven't heard of him outside of SA" then became "Joe Rogan is an idiot who says stupid things (which he does)" to the above.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 24, 2020

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my diploma got here earlier today! I didn’t remember specifically getting through with honors, but I got more than enough credits so I suppose they can just count the best ones :v: my freshly minted associate’s in English gives me the official authority to criticize other people’s spelling and grammar on the internet, so, you know, watch out

tl;dr I am drunk with knowledge, which as you all know is power (I am also high, with legal marijuana, but I’d be doing that anyway)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mekchu you should go back in theyre and kick there asses.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

illcendiary posted:

Yojimbo is straight up one my favorite films of all time, so good and so influential. Basically every "hard nosed drifter comes to town and plays the criminals" story takes inspiration from it in one form or another.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OFFICER LIGER posted:

mekchu you should go back in theyre and kick there asses.

Nah. Let them wallow in being a garbage human until karma (not the wrestler lady) finds a way to gently caress them for that sort of joke.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To bring the thread to a more positive tone, here's some awesome cat lady videos from Korea.

Use the English subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0NZaziHa2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUWSDMXKDvI

She has 2 channels too. This is the one that has less Korean and is just clips of her cats doing stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2syg10o3A0

She has 7 cats :psyduck:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i accuse everyone on this page of being cool except for cavauro who is a known slanderer and seditionist

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yojimbo is good. so are a lot of movies, films, as i call them

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

MMA fan, Mekchu missed a word. Turns out D&D discourse today includes sports fans' ideology because of Joe Rogan being a piece of poo poo (which tbf he absolutely is)

Whew. I thought I missed yet another new societal acronym!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

watch this film called hesijimbo. Fucker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God those cats :kimchi:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

might watch this movie "waves" might not

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Lady Snowblood owns

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

it sucks

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Mekchu posted:

Nah. Let them wallow in being a garbage human until karma (not the wrestler lady) finds a way to gently caress them for that sort of joke.

one time a bunch of d&d posters came into here and started posting in the Dynamite threads and they were all very rude to me for no reason. i'm sorry they were mean to you, too.

that's why this subforum is the best of all. nobody here is rude or mean.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yojimbo is fun I like it a lot. My ride or die favorite Kurosawa is Ikiru. Perfect movie.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

probably so. ok ill watch more bette sucker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

I loved it but I get why some hated it

I watched Color Out Of Space yesterday, that was loving great and idc what others think

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Chris James 2 posted:

I loved it but I get why some hated it

I watched Color Out Of Space yesterday, that was loving great and idc what others think

We were gonna go see that but I had a really awful migraine. :(

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drew McIntyre posted:

one time a bunch of d&d posters came into here and started posting in the Dynamite threads and they were all very rude to me for no reason. i'm sorry they were mean to you, too.

that's why this subforum is the best of all. nobody here is rude or mean.

Why did they pick the Dynamite thread?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Mekchu posted:

Why did they pick the Dynamite thread?

i don't know. my pet theory is that they were trying some sort of forums-wide cultural injection operation during the whole fyad situation, but i have nothing to base this on but gut instinct.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I...don't think I liked the first episode of Picard. Just did a re-watch of TNG of perhaps the tonal whiplash was too much. Hopefully I enjoy the rest of the series more.

Good dog, though! (Even though he should be fixed).

In poli-talk my client yesterday was wearing an Infowars shirt and drinking from an Infowars bottle but no one in the clinic except me knew what that was. On one hand I guess it's good that Alex Jones had been de-platformed, but it seemed weird that none of the ten or so people I asked were familiar with his schtick.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

i need it in my life and i need it now, hardware is the best movie of all time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I...don't think I liked the first episode of Picard. Just did a re-watch of TNG of perhaps the tonal whiplash was too much. Hopefully I enjoy the rest of the series more.

Good dog, though! (Even though he should be fixed).

In poli-talk my client yesterday was wearing an Infowars shirt and drinking from an Infowars bottle but no one in the clinic except me knew what that was. On one hand I guess it's good that Alex Jones had been de-platformed, but it seemed weird that none of the ten or so people I asked were familiar with his schtick.

Recycling is gonna produce some weird poo poo like that. Sorta like the old bad jokes about African villages all wearing tshirts for super bowl teams that didn’t win. Thanks plastic.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm going to watch it after I go and get my lunch. I hope I can disagree with your remark as I'm also watching TNG at night and enjoy it (save for those damned Wesley Crusher episodes).

Also I saw on Wiki a fun little random character from TNG I had totally forgotten about (until this rewatching) shows up in Picard.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 24, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Going back and rewatching TNG proves it’s a really hard act to follow. Which I don’t really get since “Put messy people is spaceships and throw them into the sun” worked loving great for seven seasons. Same with DS9 and Voyager. Just train wreck people in tight spaces.

Enterprise blew rear end because they tried to make Star Trek a straight action fantasy show instead of leaning on messy drama.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hold a soft spot for Enterprise based solely on it's opening credits which were just so damned optimistic/uplifting.

Also I'll never get over the scene of the Zephrym Cochram ship that launches, pops out its warp thruster things and zooms off they borrowed from First Contact. It's such a good visual.

It's like they were saying "I'm going where my heart will take me. I've got faith to believe. I can do anything. I've got strength of the soul. And no one's going to bend or break me. I can reach any star. I've got faith, I've got faith, Faith of the heart."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like The Orville much more than I ever thought I would. Big Trek fan, this felt more like Trek than most recent Trek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

You want to kiss and marry Seth MacFarlane lol