Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sleep with an enchanted dagger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new vegas was my first fallout game and was my favorite game outright of the ps3/360 console gen. i wont lie, i am mildly bitter seeing skyrim (which was a good game) getting port after port after port and new vegas just absolutely hasn't received a port for the ps4 or the nintendo switch. i love the cheesiness of it and it had one of the few open world environments i really wanted to explore every possible nook and cranny (being a vegas native prolly being a driving force behind that)

this current console gen hasnt really connected with me, the only games i really played have been breath of the wild/wrestling games/the remakes of shadow of the colossus and resident evil 2 but that is also very likely a byproduct of me being in my early 30s and people in my demo being less apt to try new IPs.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 16, 2019

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I had Tazmania when I was a kid, it was good. Not Tiny Toons for the SNES good but still good

i had tiny toons for the snes and i remember that a game genie was required to beat the game not because it was so hard but because there was an error in programming that just did not generate the final level after finishing the second to final level. you'd beat the second to last level and the game just stopped. this was released at retail for $69.95 USD.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drew McIntyre posted:

it's also good to make friends, but i'm not good at that. ask Rarity about how i have no friends.

any time i make friends im overwhelmed with urges to pit them in social strategy games built on distrust paranoia and betrayal. also ask rarity about how i keep siccing my friends on each other.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i very rarely trek outside of this particular subforum but holy cow how long has the rest of SA been on fire for

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i got introduced to Firefly and liked the pilot. i wasnt aware of its fate.

:sigh:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

It aired last after they'd already announced the cancellation of the show.

between firefly and brooklyn nine-nine i will never understand fox's utter contempt for shows with endearing characters. its almost a miracle that bobs burgers has gone as far as it has.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Better Call Saul has an end date finally, there's two more seasons to go. I really love this show and feel like Bob Odenkirk is just incredible as an actor, like on Phillip Seymour Hoffman level. I'm excited to see where the show ends up, it's been a real slow burn for the last 4 seasons.

i mean, odds are pretty strong it ends up at a strip mall in albuquerque.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mekchu you should go back in theyre and kick there asses.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drew McIntyre posted:

i don't know. my pet theory is that they were trying some sort of forums-wide cultural injection operation during the whole fyad situation, but i have nothing to base this on but gut instinct.

i wi;ll defend our forum and its people from invaders. i will gently caress them up. our pagoda will never see invaders step through withou t a solid rear end whuping. i am here for everoyne. even eat my fuc.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

My partner cannot loving handle it when I say Holy Crap Lois in Peter voice. I never see her angrier. I don't blame her. I'm gonna do it rn

you're responsible for your own actions.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

peetah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i thought with teeth was disappointing in 2005 but now i think it's very good

it and year zero have both aged really well. NIN is still a really good show live, when they do tour. 2nd to last time i saw them they teased playing all of The Fragile live.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

EGM magazine was good at April Fools

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cool that they promoted an IK that told me to get out when i spoke out about the creepy posting in the AEW threads.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

All I want is a new good Friday the 13th film :smith:

are we waiting for the lawsuit to get resolved or for cunningham to die of old age, which one is more likely to lead to the ip being usable again? whichever, i think the never hike alone guy should be the one to helm the next movie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cj2 did you watch never hike alone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im gonna get it for ps4 i wanna get the hot dog costume

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i remember an old bryan and vinny it was brought up that for years WILD HOGS was legitimately vince mcmahons favorite movie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont see it on the psn yet :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the last time we had named storms all the way to the letter I this early in hurricane season was 2005.

not good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

movie report of the day
whos afraid of virginia woolf - crittrer channel - dunno what to say really.

id like to take a moment to say to jesus wep that the best thing you can give a pet is a warm and care free life full of fun and joy. you'll know when the time is right. and if you don't, a vet surely will be there to guide your hand. Pets Rule

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

horizon had too much hud stuff, im getting older and i pretty much cant get into too many games that just throw a lot of things you need to keep track of when you start playing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the original? yeah cuz i watched that years ago and turned it off halfway through, like its one thing to make a horror movie but i felt super uncomfortable and didn't want to watch any more of that movie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I started watching The Boys" on amazon and I like it even though i'm not a super hero guy at all, but god drat the villains in this show are just absolutely devoid of any good qualities just really evil people. I'm 5 episodes in and I keep thinking they're going to humanize them in some way or show a different side than literal demon but it hasn't happened yet.

How is the Watchmen show? I loved the book a decade ago but I hear it's a different story or alternative universe or something?

its a direct sequel to the graphic novel but set 40 years later where timelines diverged even worse than they were in Watchmen's vision of the 1980s. It has its own story but its told pretty hamfistedly and the last few episodes are a slog to get through. The Boys does attempt to try to humanize a couple of its characters but they still overall suck.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i freakin love fall guys

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

What is fall guys, could someone explain it to me? Wikipedia's description is very unhelpful explaining to me why it is the gaming craze sweeping the globe and I literally only heard of it the day it was released when everyone was suddenly super hyped for it.

american gladiators meets MXC meets cute jellybeans

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still haven't won yet :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve been watching the new Watchmen series and as someone who read the book a few times I have no idea what is happening and I feel
stupid, also how in the world is someone who didn’t read the book able to understand any of it, I don’t think i’ve seen a show this unfriendly to new comers ever, it feels like surrealist on accident.

it ties together the further you get in.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

season 2 of umbrella academy sucked.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought the mask was better than liar liar

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Doc M posted:

He was great when playing for the Capitals, but unfortunately the trade to Boston didn't work out at all. I remember wondering why this goalie who had won the Vezina Trophy in 1996 had seemingly disappeared only a few months later.

Sorry, but's really hard to resist making jokes like this when I see someone misspelling Jim Carrey's name as Carey. :v: I do remember the scene you were talking about, but instead of seeing it in the film I came across it in the comic adaptation (not to be confused with the comic the movie was based on) and wondering why it wasn't in the film. As it is, the character just kinda disappears.

i saw a guy wearing a Golden Knights jersey a couple years ago with FLURRY on the back..

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Paterson might actually be my favorite movie of the 2010s when a particular mood strikes. That's just how I wanna be like in life. Be content with everything life has given me, write a lil' poetry when I get the time during the day. Just a perfect movie imo. Love that I've been to all the major locations from the movie due to living in North Jersey for a while.

Only Lovers Left Alive is also perfect.

whenever i think of paterson i think of when i was at my cousin's wife's funeral. we were in the car for the funeral procession when a minivan decided to gun an intersection and hit a motorcycle cop sending him flying. there was a guy on the street corner holding a bag of bagels and he was very split in dropping the bagels to help the cop who was just hit or hanging on to them, he instead just gently set them down against a wall and they fell over anyway. i think we were technically in carlstadt when this horror happened but i just always remember it being the most new jersey experience i've ever had.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apparently in NJ this happens a lot

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have owned skyrim across three different consoles. i have never beaten it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry john cena. i just understood the answer to my question from before the mafia game started. the thing i asked about was to say no lurkers are allowed to involve themselves in the thread but iu thought it meant people can't look at it. I wont post again

yea lurkers can read and talk about threads in a peanut gallery area (either in here or in the games discord) but its usually frowned upon to impact the ecosystem of players in active mafia games since every post gets looked at under a narrow lens

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jape have you ever watched bernie

its a good watch based on a mostly real story

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when i lived in austin i went to the dobie center (this was way before they put in a Target but after it was kind of abandoned) and saw richard linklater just sitting in the food court eating a gyro. i wasnt sure it was him but i walked up and said hi and he confirmed it was him and talked about how they used to have a movie theater in the building and how even though the theater isnt there anymore its one of the few places he hits up when he's in austin just to zen out. if i can find the picture i'll post it. he was a cool dude, we talked an okay amount about the grand budapest hotel. i asked him if theres anything that does frustrate him with film students in austin and he said its when people confuse him for mike judge, he has no problem with mike but he has no idea how it constantly happens despite the only thing they rly have in common is Texas and being in film

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Bernie......

its a good movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

boyhood is real good