Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just want Tom Brady's arm to fall off as he jacks it into his maga hat and then the team gets bad again. Then I won't need to listen to the conspiracy theories of every guy from Southie.

I mean the MAGA UFC fighter got his face caved in last night, so that was an enjoyable proxy.

Edit: Also Trump will get re-elected because the economy won’t tank until his second term and I already see people getting territorial in their specific democratic candidates when literally even the status quo would be infinitely better than a second Trump term. Especially because Ruth Bader Ginsberg will almost certainly die in a second Trump term, meaning we will have a majority conservative Supreme Court for a generation so welp here we go

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Dangerous Person posted:

I went to sleep and the general thread imploded? What

The best I can tell it had to do with some truly insane The Last Jedi chat. It was just getting heated up before the thread got locked for me

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Where can I see what happened in the last thread

For science

You can’t, which is really bugging the obsessive part of my brain because there are these 9 posts I can’t read

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My wife is having an ovarian cyst removed tomorrow and I’m filled to the brim with anxiety.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Instead of this thread being named after a specific user, can we have it renamed to The Best Ever General Thread Out of Ringsports

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like my nightmares are always realistic in nature, like failing at work or someone close to me leaving etc. I never get cool, chased by a monster nightmares.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The drop off from hotline miami to hotline miami 2 is wild, it’s like they forgot how to design levels

hotline miami 1 is all tight quarters action and memorizing where people are going to be so you can get them next time. hotline miami 2 is all getting shot by some guy offscreen that I had no chance of seeing

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My wife’s surgery is over. She had pretty severe endometriosis and they had to take out her appendix, but otherwise she’s fine. Thanks everyone.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The Apocalypse Now Final Cut that came out this year is probably the best cut now. It keeps all of the good stuff Redux adds but gets rid of the worst stuff Redux adds.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oof the new Star Wars is an incoherent mess that seems designed to appeal solely to 40 year old men who hated The Last Jedi

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had a grilled chicken sandwich at a pub last night and it was like the saltiest thing on earth. I had no idea you could over salt a grilled chicken sandwich so much.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What I really disliked was all of the jabs at The Last Jedi. Like, if you want to ignore that movie - fine. But don’t turn your entire film into this weird spite-fueled thing that now can’t stand on its own.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah the 70s Orient Express movie is better than the 2017 one.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
A story for another time

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Super 8 is fine or whatever and that’s still somehow the best movie he’s ever made.

Mission Impossible 3 is the worst one because it’s not even fun bad like MI2. People are always like “but it has the best villain of any Mission Impossible” oh wow, the greatest actor of his generation gave a good performance. JJ really nailed it!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Just saw Parasite. It’s a masterpiece. Yowza.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

WatermelonGun posted:

what’s the most depressing christmas movie

Eyes Wide Shut

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had all of last week off because of my wife’s surgery and all of this week off except for the first half of today. Just that 4 hours was enough to send my anxiety off the charts thinking about all of the poo poo piling up while I’m gone. Ugh.

I’m doing the same thing next week too, only working the first half of New Year’s Eve.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I’m sure it is. Your brain can be missing/fail to produce key hormones or chemicals that cause it to release other hormones or chemicals. That’s what happened to me and my pituitary gland at least, which is why I’ll be on some sort of injectable medication for the rest of my life.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Spiderdrake posted:

Personally I didn't notice that. What makes you say that in specific? I have largely mixed feelings about TLJ so maybe my lack of affection for it means I don't really notice. I did feel Rose was underused in this movie, but most of the cast felt underused.

The movie is literally filled with unnecessary digs at TLJ

- Luke catching the lightsaber and saying you should never throw it
- “We should do the Holdo maneuver.” “No that would never work!”
- “Hey Rose, do you want to come on our adventure?” “No that’s okay, General Leia needs me to stand near this computer.”

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Cavill has always been a hunk but I think he was at his hunkiest in Mission Impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The down period of S2 peaks is awful but the finale is one of the best episodes.