Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is there a way to minimize the chances of having bad dreams? I've been having them pretty constantly lately and I'm sick of it.:( Also hi friends. I wasn't around for the last thing but it must have been pretty bad.

I started taking lithium a couple years back which has the odd side effect of causing me to not dream whatsoever. obviously that ain’t a solution for everyone though.

before that I tried taking melatonin and reading a book for the last hour of my day rather than dicking around on my phone or watching tv. it seemed to help calm my brain a fair amount since the anxiety of seeing bad news on twitter or having the stimuli from TV helped, and I think there’s some science behind it as well?

good luck, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Watchmen wraps up tonight and it’s been fun

American Gods’ new showrunners just fired Orlando Jones who played the most interesting character because they’re racist idiots so unfortunately that is out the drat window.

at this point I’m just waiting for the new season of Letterkenny to drop on the 27th

Jerusalem posted:

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Because I loving loved What We Do In The Shadows, movie and TV series both.

it’s SO GOOD

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Mekchu posted:

Are you serious?

https://twitter.com/theorlandojones/status/1205836143897579520

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Mekchu posted:

That's so lame. If they ever do an Anansi Boys adaptation he needs to be on at least the wroting staff. He wrote such a great portrayal of Mr. Nancy.

If I recall correctly, he was hired as a writer on season 2 to help with writing the POC characters so this is an extra “what the gently caress were you thinking” decision from the show runner/directors

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

My wife’s surgery is over. She had pretty severe endometriosis and they had to take out her appendix, but otherwise she’s fine. Thanks everyone.

glad to hear everything turned out ok!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

my dog Newt hopes you’re all going to have a great day and weekend and a great new year, all 366 days of it

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

new season of Letterkenny just came out

it was a lot of fun

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

started watching Terrace House when Hana showed up and boy howdy am I annoyed at how sucked in I got

it's so charming

ughhhhh

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Cavauro posted:

now that i finished the u.s. allotment of terrace house i decided to go view all the released and translated episodes. i miss the italian boy big time, and somewhat miss the stupid idiot boy. i don't care much for the new robot boy, but will give him a chance. i don't think hana kimura will get to kiss the basketball boy in whom she is interested for the show.

I'm livid that I am suddenly so invested in this show and I am glad I have another person to talk to about this.

Comedian Fella is so great and I hope he and Hana become fast friends. Robot Boy has a lot of potential and it will be interesting to see his character arc.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gonna replay Marathon: Infinity when I have free time and I am giddy with excitement

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

Nicotine withdrawal is amazing. I’ve broken so much poo poo.

I think this is attempt 12 of quitting smoking. So far I’m dealing with it better than the hypnotist attempt.

I switched to a juul and it’s really helped me taper off.
with a cigarette I was compelled to finish the entire thing, now I can just take a puff of vape and go about my day. the options of having 5% or 3% nicotine has also been very helpful.

...it was kind of horrifying when I got my sense of smell back; most of my friends are heavy smokers and my god it reeks it reeks so bad. so that at least is great motivation!

that said, I’m still fussy about being on a plane for 10 hours and not being able to smoke (treated myself to a trip to Tokyo for Wrestle Kingdom I mean to eat all the street food I can handle.

taiyaki oh my god hrrrrngh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

That's a hell of a fuckin treat

my year is peaking within the first week and I can live with that