Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
sometimes i die in my dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I've been relistening to some of my favorite episodes of Punch Up the Jam and forgot that they posed a very good question about Your Song. I assume you, the poster reading this, likes Your Song because pretty much everyone likes Your Song. But is it a good song?

I think it sounds very pretty but the lyrics are kind of nonsense in the bad way so I now think it isn't a good song. Still love it, though.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm still sad and processing my recent breakup but... I met someone. :)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Picked up a present as a spur of the moment thing for a close friend who seemed incredibly happy to get it and said it made his whole week, which in turn made my week too :3:
adorable :)

Bard Maddox posted:

Cats is tremendously bad. the fact that their hands are just, like, regular human hands with no fur on them is hosed up. some of them were wearing shoes? when they are drinking milk from the bowl it's inherently visually disgusting to me. Idris Elba and his whole deal was easily the worst part. I fell asleep for a couple minutes and I was grateful that those were fewer minutes watching Cats. I have nothing but bad things to say about it. would recommend
this post has, and I promise I am not joking, made me buy a ticket to Cats. Star Wars Saturday, Cats Sunday. Pray for me. Play weird French songs at my funeral.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

yea ok posted:

drunk off beer
what kind

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Movies watched over break
Steven Universe Movie - owned
Parasite - owned
Knives Out - owned the most
Cats - "owned"

yea ok posted:

streamed videdogames on twitch for 4 hours and got drunk as hell.
i am thinking about streaming for a few hours on weekends! How are you enjoying it?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Took my family to see Knives Out over Christmas, they loved it, as did I a second time, because:

Parasite is still the best movie I saw in 2019 but God did I love Knives Out.
In Parasite when the dad stabs Mr. Park because of the smell, I felt a billion emotions.

Also it's weird how Knives Out and Parasite are opposite ends of the same movie.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

Uncut Gems is brutal, and amazing. immediately rockets to the top of my “movies I love dearly but have no desire to watch it ever again” list
I read the Wiki plot to this a few weeks ago and I wish I hadn't. Movie sounds amazing, would recommend without watching.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I start every year by going vegetarian/vegan as long as I can. This year is going to be a problem. LA has so many delicious veggie restaurants, this one is going to last a while.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
how you gonna make an "infiltrate (x)" plan with zero logistics or know-how smdh

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
the biggest problem with "infiltrate this hate group" is it involves putting all your trust in a white man and you can never do that

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
nxt uk gave foochs a great PPV to celebrate :)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Except I couldn't watch it because our internet is down. :(
watch whenever, the tag match owned :)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
capitalism is working perfectly and it sucks rear end

oh but seriously I posted:

sighing as i draw my squirrelgun
i lol'd

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Hollow Knight is so much better than Shovel Knight, which is insane since Shovel Knight is also extremely awesome.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
lol everyone thought the next Smash character would be an insanely awesome surprise because it was under super lock and key

turns out, it was under super lock and key because Sakurai loves Fire Emblem and didn't want to hear any of our poo poo about it. i love him. i love smash. long live.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TTBF posted:

As both a character in Fire Emblem and a character in Smash, Robin rules. I love my zoning queen. But yeah, as much as I love Byleth I'd rather have Edelgard.
I tried to pick up Robin because I love her kit in theory... couldn't do it. I don't know why, just couldn't get any timing down and couldn't handle her kill options. She's slid down to my fourth character since Terry came around.

:allears: Terry Bogard :allears:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
the Smash thread is pure salt and it's delicious. gamers are truly the worst people on the planet, including Cavauro

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I imagine it comes down to Fire Emblem honestly being over represented in the game, I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure it has the most characters of any franchise in the game(since for some weird reason Smash counts Yoshi, Wario, and the Donkey Kong characters as all being separate from the Mario franchise), so a lot of people feel that a large chunk of the slots that Fire Emblem characters occupy could have been given to more interesting characters from other franchises(especially for characters that are stuck as either Assist Trophies or Mii Fighter costumes), especially when it comes to characters one has to pay for

Though I do agree that a lot of people are going a bit too hard in complaining about it
Mario (including the franchises they spawned) & Pokemon have more. Mario included a random unimportant non-boss (and that character owns, Plant Gang bitch) and Pokemon will hopefully have one for the new gen if only for that awesome Gen 8 gym battle music.

I also think Fire Emblem has too many as a whole but at least this one is different.

e: also the comedy of Geno/Waluigi fans complaining about FE overrepresentation!

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm gonna dip out. I forgot how toxic and mean this place is. I will miss certain folks here but... I'm so much happier off this forum. It's become a negativity circlejerk and I'd personally rather not.

It sucks that I am choosing to leave now that folks like me are finally being accepted on this forum, and I'm glad everyone else feels safer here. There's still along way to go but I love all of you and proud of your fight. I'll keep doing it on my side because I know you're doing it on yours :)