Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Drew would say "Ach, I won the royal rumble"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Yamcha Did Nothing Wrong

He didn't have time to, he was dead

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Agreed about Miracle, goddamn.

Also, favorite Scorsese for me is Goodfellas. Well directed, well written, incredibly well acted.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I don't want Polanski to die, I want him to be arrested and get his rear end thrown in jail for the rest of his miserable God forsaken life, the despicable piece of utter poo poo.

This guy knows what's up

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ShadowedFlames posted:

So...imposter syndrome (or something drat similar to it) is a right bitch and a half.

Normally, I have no issues speaking in a conversation I’m in. If I’m familiar with the topic and know my audience, no issues.

Just got out of a 20-minute mini-meeting/conversation my supervisor and I had with about a dozen child abuse casework supervisors about “why aren’t we getting old case files.” Note that I’m almost the lowest person on the hierarchy list just in my unit, but I’m getting pulled in because of my research and logical approach to this subject. I had numbers, and facts, and even conjectures about some things. But the whole time I’m in there, I have the sinking feeling that nothing I say will matter because I was the only person in a room of about 15 who was both under 40, and have had zero supervisory work experience under my belt.

Does the whole “feeling over your head when you’re the only person in the room who isn’t a supervisor” feeling ever start to go away after a while?

(Also, this is why I could never be good on the mic if I were a wrestler—too much of a nervous wreck, haha.)

If you were good on the mic you could cut a "You People " promo

(Assuming you didn't care about employment)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Some of them become session guys or score films. That's what Cliff Martinez does now, he used to be in the RHCP

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

i got cold feet on quitting and now am spending my weekend pondering what i should do

Watch So I married an axe murderer

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Killing Joke is a great band

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Would it help sell Spring Breakers if you knew Jeff Jarrett was in it?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

i liked that Gallagher's hair was actually part of his hat

Hopefully the only thing he and Liger have in common

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I blame the lionization of John Wayne as one of the reasons this country is so deeply hosed up. There’s an entire generation of sad drunks staring at John Wayne collectible plates.

John on race

quote:

I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility.”

On Midnight Cowboy

quote:

a story about two fags

Wish I could fantasy book Jim Brown vs Wayne, victory only comes by KO or submission

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shard posted:

What's ya'lls favorite movie? I really can't answer that anymore because there are so many I love but I KNOW what my first favorite movie was - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I rented that VHS like 100 times.

The Big Lebowski. With honorable mentions for Life of Brian, Yojimbo, Hot Fuzz, Major League, A Few Good Men, Tampopo, Drunken Master II, Aliens, and Django Unchained.

TMNT got me started as a comic book reader.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Rushmore, Inside Llewyn Davis, The Master, Mulholland Drive, Ikiru

Ikiru rules

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

what is it with Kevin Sorbo ruining good things? The first couple Mythica movies were amazing until Sorbo decided to have more creative input.

He had a stroke and it basically ruined him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Looking forward to it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Oh yeah

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/02/mr-bungle-in-studio/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Peanut butter or cookie dough.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I also REALLY like Haagen Daaz's Green Tea. It's really pleasant and not overly sugary.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

i watched Auto Focus last night. Greg Kinnear plays Bob Crane, star of Hogan's Heroes. i identified with him because he's a friendly, charming sexual weirdo.

And someone tried to strangle you to death in hotel room?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Are you a colossus?

Well their username does sound Russian....

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

The Dollop, in fact, had a great episode about The Night Disco Died.

The Reagan 2 parter was awesome

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
New/current: Letterkenny

All-time: KITH, Mr.Show, Daria, Futurama, Golden age Simpsons

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shard posted:

All schools in louisiana were just cancelled until mid april.

In Ontario they extended March Break by 2 extra weeks, right after our numbskull premier finally gave into some of the pretty reasonable demands made by the union

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 13, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Its getting a sequel too. Continuing adventures of Det. Blanc.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

I fear it’ll be like True Detective where they manage to gently caress up everything that was great about the original

Hoping it'll be more like Poirot or something

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i thought with teeth was disappointing in 2005 but now i think it's very good

I liked Add Violence a bunch

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's ride or die favorite album? i know it's entry level baby pallet tier but In The Aeroplane Over The Sea has always meant the world to me.

Jawbreaker: Dear You

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Fist of Legend.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's Star Dish? You have a big get together happening, you're tasked with cooking something, what do you make? Is it a side, is it the main course, is it dessert????

As much as I love baking bread or stirring up big pots of soups stews and chili's, the food I was put on this earth to cook is burgers. I started making them at 18 while working at a sleazy Jersey Shore motel snack stand. My boss was a bald fat racist Italian man named Tony. He taught me how to make a proper smash burger. I'm now the only person my family trusts to man the burger station at barbecues.

That job was loving excruciatingly stressful and the kitchen was always sweltering and more than once I was spit on by rude New Yorkers because I got their order wrong but I was making a lot of under the table cash that I spent exclusively on weed and comics.

A really simple Chicken Curry. Not too spicy, but goes nice with sticky rice.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Basically grew up in the same situation.

For those of you who didn't have monster dads please share your happy dad stories and uplift us all

My dad got me into wrestling. That was back during the Hogan years.

He was a bit perplexed when ECW got a TV deal. Liked Sandman, though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

What makes that dumber is the first post-Nirvana thing if Krist's I heard was a band who did just one show, during the Seattle WTO protests in 99, No WTO Combo. An explicitly anticapitalism, left wing project, with Jello Biafra and Kim Thyail. I know 21 years is a long time but that's some journey.

I think he might be a libertarian. Based off of some poorly remembered stuff

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Just do what I've done naturally most of my life, and assumed that Nirvana was just Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl.

I'm severely disappointed in Krist but hes a really good bassist

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Kind of want a kitten, kind of want a PG Gundam. Would be my first of either though I have an adult cat and many other Gunpla.

Pretty tough choice imo

Get a kitten, name it after your favorite gundam

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

A cat named “the last one I built” is pretty weird tho

I have a cat named Ripley and if god is good I’ll get an orange tabby male cat and name him MacReady

Not Jonesy?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

Are there any decent podcasts about video games? I’d like either a semi-serious discussion of good games or else something like How Did This Get Played?

Also, comic books too, while I’m thinking about it.

Theres a comics history one called Comics Kayfabe, there's also a youtube show called Comic Tropes I enjoy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's favorite seafood? Or like, it can also be freshwater. What do you call seafood if it's from like, a lake or a river, not the sea?

Love a big crab. Old bay. Soaked in melted butter. Also love clams and oysters. Anthony Bourdain wrote in his first book about this old French fisherman who took him and his family out on a boat, caught a bunch of clams, and ate them directly from the ocean. Said it tasted like the sea, in a good way. That's what first opened me up to the idea of shellfish.

A local restaurant used to have a seafood thermidor, and sweet moses it was good, I was not happy they removed it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

how do they tell it's cooked all the way? I am stupid and think you're talking about a thermometer.

Its seafood in a cream based soup cooked in a bread bowl. Has crab, scallops, shrimp and lobster in it. The hole in the bread bowl was covered with cheese.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

My bet is that the alligator is straight up not having a good time.

I feel like only Meng could make that work, so you're probably right

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
God of Cookery is a very PSP movie, as it includes a dish called Exploding Pissing Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It Chapter 2 is one of the most baffling movies I've seen in years because it has all the talent to be good, and then it's just this pointless mess that you can't even blame on studio interference.

Palm Springs is great though everyone should check that out.

Hader was really good in it, but Hader is absurdly talented

He could have been good in like, Slam Dunk Ernest and I wouldn't be surprised.