Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

I started 2020 off by watching "It's Such A Beautiful Day" by don hertzfeldt or something like that. blown away.

Hey, just want to say this don hertzfeldt piece is so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Pissing on the legacy of old racists is second to destroying that legacy. It's a pretty solid second though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Tom Goes to the Mayor I remember being alright to good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I like most fish and seafood but do not have a particular favorite. I'm sorry that this does not answer the question you asked but hope the sincerity heartens you.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4afzQyGo5Q

I saw one of those tweets with the violence point totals and it took me a second to realize what it was.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
What is fall guys, could someone explain it to me? Wikipedia's description is very unhelpful explaining to me why it is the gaming craze sweeping the globe and I literally only heard of it the day it was released when everyone was suddenly super hyped for it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Critical posted:

did the fuckin page select thing move or am I having a stroke?

if you are then I am, because it loving jumped weirdly.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
unrelated to the following: I've never watched an entire episode of the Simpsons.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sometimes I think about games that I wish existed and then get really sad because I have the idea but no talent so I can't make them exist.

Right now all I really want is a 2D game that takes place in a millenium falcon, or normandy size spaceship. you play as the crew inside the ship and take care of it and upgrade it what have you, traveling to different stations, planets, and other space areas and explore them to get smuggling jobs or stuff for your ship. you can move freely about the ship and the planets, and when the ship is traveling to new planets which takes time you can walk around the ship and interact with the crew, maybe even play some mini games like the star wars 3D chess game. While you're chilling in your ship on the way to destinations you see space going by in the windows and observation decks. I'd also have like random events like getting boarded/searched, attacked by pirates, etc. Also this would be a real time game so kind of like steamworld heist but no turn based moving or anything like that just free movement.

If a game like this exists that'd be cool. I wish I could win the lottery and pay someone with talent to make it.

So, the thing about your very good game desire EMF is that I don't know any game that splits the difference chooses to either simulations that don't have the character interaction (Star Wars Combine, Elite Dangerous [kind of]) or identify and play into a specific gameplay loop (FTL, since Rimworld was mentioned Rimworld) and in my experience there isn't really anything that puts the time into NPCs and character work. Sounds like a cool, large scale project.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
My teeth have been basically indestructible and perfect aside form needing braces as a child.

:smug:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This reminds me that I need to rewatch Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo because I only saw them as a teen and don't actually remember them.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This is what I've got.

(I might have only really worried about the tiers making sense, everything is very springy and based entirely on how I am feeling but each album made me go, 'gently caress yeah this album')

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Eat My Fuc deciding the fight the crusade against video games is not the turn I was expecting towards the end of the year, but I can't say it isn't happening.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm very glad Who Framed Roger Rabbit is able to tell the story of the automotive industry's destruction of American public transit in major cities.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
My only experience with Legend of Zelda is (either) Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages and the Brian David Gilbert video.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, something got updated. There is apparently going to be more futzing with it according to the complaint thread in QCS. :shrug:

(link to said thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950003)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Me, a fool: Man I can't believe my internet was out all afternoon, hopefully there won't be news items that I have very strong takes on.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I need to get more mustards.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

I don't plan to have a system that can play Cyberpunk in decent quality for a while, and it'll have to be pretty good when I eventually do play it to overcome the "literally has a bit modeled on a device intended to cause seizures that's story-required and at no point thought to modify it so it didn't risk killing members of the audience" aspect.

This is my CyberPunk 2077 take too, only I'm going to admit to having no intention of ever playing the video game.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
See I'm a Cyber-Anti-Folk kind of guy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
You know what rules, when you sinuses decide to just casually implode into a shower of blood because its cold and dry. Highly recommend vomiting blood.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

a cyborg mug posted:

One of the kids in my class had a nosebleed a couple of days ago and, being an idiot, did not listen to my very good advice on how to quell it + how to stop it from going into his throat. Well, the blood did of course go into his throat and then the stupid little poo poo coughed up a fist-sized blob of blood right on his desk. Everyone in the class really appreciated it

respect that kid.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

what was everyone's last concert they went to in person

Define concert because technically I was present at gigs where people were employed as musical acts but ignoring those I'd have to go back to a Wombats (and also I guess the Pixies and Weezer technicaly) show from ages ago (2018).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

fall guys: very cute and just lots of serotonin.

I am still very sorry about your favored streamer game.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The same family or multiple families?

edit: also I am back on minecraft after half a decade in the wilderness.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So we should set up a modded minecraft server for the forum.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

It's not so much that I think Point & Click is for nerds, it's more that the core gameplay seems somehow less enjoyable than having a desk job.

Puzzles and stories someone else has written rule.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dad power move.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Specifically it refers to the randomly generated number inherent to simulating something probabilistically. If you know (for example) that someone is a 75% free throw shooter, if you want to determine if this player made a hypothetical free throw, you generate a number (or roll a dice) and if it falls with the 75% the yes they did.

But for the most part it is used to complain about things that may or may not be the result of random chance preventing your excellent and perfect strategy from being completed.

I think it is supposed to stand for the random number god, as in the idol you pray too for good dice rolls.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Critical posted:

Random Number Generator

For some reason I thought that was applied to the already used rng acronym.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

UPDATE: got the job

Congratulations on the job.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I hope whoever bought the two extra copies of animal crossing on my behalf sends me my copy eventually.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1360329464144609286

:siren:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Phantom counts remind me of working Chyron for Kent State basketball games. One time there was a minor issue where a basket was counted on the scoreboard for the wrong team, but I was dutifully updating the score for the ticker and my director forced me to change it to the wrong score showing on the scoreboard until they fixed it at the arena.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i believe it's fixed for now but i'd better look into buying a new overpriced keyboard. when i unplugged this one and plugged it back in it kept only being able to input
code:
[/s]
on here and then nothing at all the next time, after a reboot. but the magical trick was to do a second reboot. Two boots

Well yeah, the left boot and the right boot.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Thank you, Cavauro for posting the first time I have seen the release date for the new Mario Golf.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
thum bus

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm just workshoping titles for your upcoming podcast. something with thumb print, maybe.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh, so this is how I learn that there is a Pokemon announcement happening. Cool.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, I am going to buy each game that got announced, probably not even waiting a year + to do so this time.

WatermelonGun posted:

i never beat pearl back in the day because of its war against fire pokemon

Fire pokemon are very overrated except for Flareon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
What about Murkrow, Itoh? What about Murkrow???

WatermelonGun posted:

don’t poo poo on my dude magmar

Magmar earned my respect, so Magmar is cool.