Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I am your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Cats is tremendously bad. the fact that their hands are just, like, regular human hands with no fur on them is hosed up. some of them were wearing shoes? when they are drinking milk from the bowl it's inherently visually disgusting to me. Idris Elba and his whole deal was easily the worst part. I fell asleep for a couple minutes and I was grateful that those were fewer minutes watching Cats. I have nothing but bad things to say about it. would recommend

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I spend AMC's money to support bad things

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

I heard tjey cut off one of the cats dicks in post and he's very angry

this is pretty much Rum Tum Tugger’s entire arc in the movie

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

You never logged it on Letterboxd bitch

can you rate a nightmare? can you accurately convey the crushing despair felt by a lone moviegoer as he sinks deeper into a hell he has only created for himself? can you review a piece of tedious ennui that bores deeply within the soul, acting as a reverse bildungsroman as it strips away your education, your knowledge of the world?

yes, you can. one half star

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

feel free to use this picture if you don't like one of my posts. I won't take it personal, I promise.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

have you read Ted Chiang's newest collection, Exhalation? I haven't finished all of them but the ones I have read have been quite good.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Uncut Gems is brutal, and amazing. immediately rockets to the top of my “movies I love dearly but have no desire to watch it ever again” list

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What’s the worst movie to get nominated for best picture awards this year? My money is on Cats to get a GG nom somehow.

it's going to be Joker

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

just found out there’s a new The Grudge movie coming out tomorrow. very tempted to go see it even though there’s literally no information about it at all whatsoever

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Go see it Bardley I'm gonna see it this weekend it looks so mediocre

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm seeing it Saturday. Even if it's trash, hey, first film in theaters of 2020 :toot:

I’m gonna go see it. I hope it rises to the heights of 2019’s first movie of the year, Escape Room

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Beta Bard I think it was you who recommended to me like two months ago that I read Exhalation by Ted Chiang, well the library just got it in for me and I'm gonna dig into it today

I finished it last week. it was terrific. I think my favorite one was still the first one, “The Merchant and the Alchemist’s Gate.” “The Truth of Fact, The Truth of Feeling” is also terrific. right now I’m reading The Great Pretender by Susannah Cahalan, and it’s a great nonfiction that reads incredibly well and quickly. I’m enjoying it.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

it was the immediate 1-2 punch of the humanoid rats and then the cockroaches who just get chowed down on

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

my favorite hockey team won the Stanley Cup in 1996 so that's my vote.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

happy for Parasite even though The Sandman didn't get his due

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the only Harmony Korine movie I've seen was The Beach Bum and I fell asleep in the theater halfway through. I think this is very much in the spirit of the movie, though

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I have come into the possession of a large amount of cinnamon that will expire in a few months. I am unsure what I should use it for

eat it all and lead the universe on the Golden Path for 3500 years as the God Emperor

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

remembering the movie Now You See Me. just pure unfiltered dumb as poo poo, but it was fun. cheers to the big man, Mark Ruffalo

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I can 100% guarantee it was a can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

so often forget peanut based sauces in pasta and I love them all over again every time I have one

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

crossing the animals. it's good. if you want to add me so you can see my bad island you can and I can come visit your good, very well-designed island. my friend code is 7025-04-75-5425

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I got the covid

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I ate alpaca in Peru once. they also offered me cuy, which is deep-fried guinea pig in the shape of a guinea pig, which I politely declined

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I miss going to the dang movie theater. my tv just ain’t the same

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

playing my Switch has helped alleviate the anxiety I feel around getting PS4 trophies since there's no system-wide implementation. I know I don't need to get the trophies but my lizard brain would make me feel bad if I didn't!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I never watched Venture Bros. why did it take so long/why was it so expensive to make a season

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

fired up about Dune. my favorite book, my favorite board game... my favorite movie? don’t gently caress it up, Denis!

seriously though I want to play Dune the board game so bad

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've never even heard of the board game. Is it like a Risk sort of deal?

Dune's a weird game that 100% wouldn't be made today but is the most thematic game that I've ever seen. everyone gets a different faction that have wildly different rulesets - the Atreides is the only player that can take notes because of their Prescience! the Harkonnen have lots of traitors they can play against you! the Emperor gets all of the spice (money) every time you buy a card! - they're goofy rules that make perfect thematic sense! it's a weird confluence of politicking, guys on a map, auctioneering, just a wild game that's not like a whole lot else.

also, you can blow up the shield wall, the Fremen can ride a sandworm, you can shoot a shield with a lasgun and it blows everything up. everything about it - the rules, the factions, the talking at the table - is pure uncut Dune, which makes it rule!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I was very happy to see the Nuggets make it to the WCF. who knows what would have happened if AD didn't hit the game winner in game 2. they would have won the title! it's fun to see Jamal Murray do Radical poo poo and Nikola Jokic is my favorite player of all time. gently caress em! Nuggets are gonna win it all next year!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

if you were a Nuggets fan and you didn't take premium joy in exposing the Clippers as Premier Fraud poo poo go to hell!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Nikola Jokic is legitimately the most inspiring basketball player of all time. remember when he played 65 minutes in a game? love him so much.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

want to play some RPGs before Cyberpunk comes out. what's some good ones to play on the PS4

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

thank you for the recommendations. did anyone ever play Greddfall, and if so, would you say “Greedfall is good”, like you were Gordon Gekko

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Post your topsters post your topsters post your topsters

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I missed the mustard chat but I just checked and I have seven mustards in the fridge:

-a classic yellow
-a spicy brown
-a dijon
-a sweet hot mustard (bavarian)
-a stone ground mustard
-a honey mustard
-a beer mustard

mustard is delightful. thank you.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

regarding the thanksgiving sandwich, I like to mix a little bit of dijon in with the traditional mayo. it doesn't overpower the cranberry sauce and macaroni that you also gotta put on that bad boy. mustard in moderation is sometimes vital for the greater good.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

excited to play Disco Elysium next year the way god intended: on console

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

are u scare?

these controllers are so powerful they don’t even need the bottom half of the button icons. wow

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

today I got my first dose of the COVID vaccine. I’ve been working for 10-12 hours every working day on COVID testing and multiple vaccine trials, and it’s very nice to finally be able to feel a little safer (even though I already got COVID). hopefully we can figure the distribution out for many more others soon. if you have any questions about the vaccine I’d be happy to answer them in the thread as best as I can, or you can send me a PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I enjoyed this

https://twitter.com/Peter_Fries/status/1347402323950145537