Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Happy birthday to Foochs Samurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

Joe Biden is like the Scott Steiner of American Politics

Okay that’s it

Denied, Scott Steiner is entertaining.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

Thank you. My soul feeds on the pity of others.

I think you should hunt down some iron shrooms and dragon scales for super defense meals.

Who is everyone’s favorite ancient hero? Mine is Hercules. Twelve labors are my kind of poo poo.

Gilgamesh. A drat good friend.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Happy birthday Seth Rollins the poster

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

I promise you it will take at least 16, if it even happens

I can assure you it does not take that long to get fired from the post office.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I've been playing Yakuza 0 now that it's on XBOne and it's SO GOOD.

It is the best.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shard posted:

My aunt died. Won't be able to go to the funeral. Don't even know if they are gonna have a funeral

Condolences.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Condolences.

Good dog.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Probably either Demon Days or God Shuffled His Feet

God Shuffled His Feet is so good.

Uh, does Rock Spectacle count?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

It just dawned on me that its a crying goddamn shame we got the most boring dudebro cliche standalone expansion where John fights Zombies but we have yet to get a standalone expansion in the RDR2 engine where Dutch gets the gang caught up in a scheme to take advantage of this Eastern European dandy nobleman fella who wants to move boxes of dirt out west. Simple folk, easy mark. Trust me, boys, this last job will get us the money we need for Tahiti

Well there is that one vampire in RDR2

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

arcanum is like victorian shiz mixed with dwarves and orcs and ogres and stuff. halfling. poo poo

It is an extremely good game. There was an unofficial patch ten years ago or so that fixes all the broken things and accidentally makes bows ludicrously overpowered. Also there's that one line of sidequests where you explore an antisemitic conspiracy theory, which is not great.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What's the worst movie you've all seen?

White Noise, a movie where Michael Keaton exists while nothing happens.
The Bachelor(1999), a Chris O'Donnell comedy that's just terrible.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

this dog is my friend named muffin who lives with me. do not say bad dog.

Good dog.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Just watched Underworld. I should not have.

I liked the part where a vampire pulled out silver-studded whips and beat werewolves with them. That was a fun minute or so. The rest of the film was nothing.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I am easily distracted by spectacle and liked Sucker Punch. I assume a rewatch would leave me feeling different. Brightburn was a gross, creepy mess. I saw each of the Star Wars prequels in the theater twice because I make bad decisions. But the absolute worst movie I've seen in the theater comes to a tie, between terrible Chris O'Donnell comedy The Bachelor and terrible Michael Keaton horror movie White Noise.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Happy birthday ei

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I have nothing to contribute to movie chat but here's Vincent Price reading The Raven. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuGZ_wp_i9w

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

What’s the worst thing ya’ll ever bought? Mines crypto.

Several hundred dollars in Heroclix which I played zero times.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh you know I have. That would exactly be the kind of thing I'm after. Even though I love the new Streets of Rage, I wish they'd do a version that plays like Yakuza.

I mean, Streets of Kamurocho exists

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

Man, how is it that all the characters in Haruka’s part in Yakuza 5 are so much more unlikeable than most of the actual violent criminals in the series

I liked the trans hairdresser.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I have been a fairly Sad Dude recently and thus didn't want to post in this thread much b/c I didn't want to be a constant downer, but the CDC just announced today that fully vaccinated people can safely gather in small groups without masks

Myself, my mom, and my dad, are all fully vaccinated, and my partner has received her first dose

This means that in give or take a month I can safely see my partner in the flesh after over a full calendar year apart

I am so loving happy, gently caress

Congrats!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shayna Baszler posted:

today is my 15th birthday. this is my quinceanera.

Happy birthday

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shard posted:

gently caress Rick and Morty

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Anyone got any video essayists you like? I’m about caught up on Super Eyepatch Wolf and I’d like some more. Longshot, but if you know any good video essays on monsters and mythical creatures I’d love those. Jacob Gellar did a video on the golem that was fascinating.

Maybe some of Overly Sarcastic Productions' stuff?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shard posted:

What is the oldest games you play the most? I just booted up Baldurs Gate on my Xbox for another run. It's a great game series.

NES Shadowgate, play through it once or twice a year. If that's not often enough, then Final Fantasy V, because four job fiesta rules my life for a couple months every year

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

That mention of Genghis Khan reminds me of that poem with Kublai Khan but I can’t remember the title

I feel like I'm missing a joke, but Xanadu

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

pc gamer bc of the demo disc

and coconut monkey

Still waiting on Gravy Trader

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

nobody told me there's a whole dang subgame in Yakuza 2 where your rivals are Keiji Mutoh and Masahiro Chono!

and that they need help taking you on so they go to Riki Choshu, Tastsumi Fujinami and Genichiro Tenryu lmao

Mutoh and Chono are loving styling in this game

There is also a minigame about peeing with skillful bladder control

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

still haven’t seen popeye but I feel it must be coming up soon. my housemate is going to Malta very soon to see the village there. love altman’s boring aimless films so it has to be top of the watchlist

I just rewatched Popeye last week, it has half a dozen plotlines and maybe half of them get resolved and nothing matters for long.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Ibexaz posted:

I'm in the early stages of Yak 4 and I've been a little put off about the loan shark protag putting people through trials to get their life changing loans in order to prove they want it enough. Like this lady comes into your office saying she needs cash to get out of Kamurocho with her child to escape an abusive relationship, and your character is like "k go get a job at a bar, cabaret or strip club or something else sleazy (in the town you're trying to escape from) and if you land a job within 24 hours I'll spot you"

And the lady can't land a job and your character says sorry, guess you didn't want it enough :shrug:

You do beat up the abusive husband when he comes knocking but it's not like that lady and her kid is in any better of a situation afterwards, your character just refused to help this person in need bc she didn't succeed in an arbitrary test of "well how bad do you really want it". Kinda rubs me the wrong way

If it helps, that's the worst thing Akiyama does in the series.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Don't think I saw either of the Annabelle movies, they looked pretty awful and I'd already wasted too much time on those other ones (Insidious I think they were called? Plus the nun one). Looks like I made the right choice!

Continue not seeing the Annabelle movies. I loved the first Conjuring so I saw Annabelle, and it stunk. Then the second one came out, I heard it was better, saw it too. I heard wrong, it was worse. Boring hacky bullshit.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's my birthday! Hooray I guess. :)

Also I agree with Wesley Snipes. Thanks for another one of my years talking wrestling, PSPals.

Happy birthday Foochs

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

parts 1 and 2 are the first novel, denis has talked about wanting to do 3 which would be Dune Messiah and is working on a script for that but I doubt we ever get to Children of Dune on screen so no worm man :(

Sci-Fi Channel did Children of Dune, but didn't get to God Emperor, so still no worm man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Happy Sharday