Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So are there really people out there who don't spend every moment of every day feeling miserable and having every little thing set them off into a cascading sense of even more miserableness until it's the end of the day and they're crying themselves to sleep? And if there are and they're posting in this thread how can I stop feeling this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry for E/N posting

So I broke up with my ex in spring, spent a lot of time getting over her and thought I was but then last week I heard that she had started dating this guy I know who I find incredibly annoying (he's not necessarily a bad dude but he never shuts up and never has anything to say), and I got so jealous it physically hurt, so I guess I'm not over her. To make matters worse/more complicated, last Wednesday as I'm finishing up at work I get a call from my ex. She's scared and crying and is using the pet name she had for me when we were dating and she needed me to come over to her place because she thinks something bad is going to happen. I get over there a half hour later and as I drive down her street I see a cop leaving her door and as I park across the street he drives off. I get out of my car, she runs up and hugs me and then pushes me into the backseat and we start making out like nothing had ever stopped. We both pull back before it goes any further but it was a situation where we both knew if either of us had pushed even the slightest for it to go further, the other would have acquiesced. But we ended up talking for like an hour but now about a week later my head's still hosed up and I get huge flashes of jealousy/anxiety about her all the time now. I have no clue what to do now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Her mom's a lovely drunk who tried to accost her at her house and called the cops on my ex when my she shoved her out of the house or something.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah reading it back, it comes off as far more flippant and callous than it actually was. I don't know how to word it better though, that was what she told me about what happened. "You know my mom's a piece of poo poo right? I shoved her out the door and then she called the cops on me for assault." We talked about poo poo but ultimately there's not a lot I feel like I can do. I don't know what to do.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NienNunb posted:

I never see this as anyone's #1 Yorgos but my ride or die favorite is Killing Of A Sacred Deer. The most profoundly upsetting movie I've ever seen. Triggered a panic attack during the big scene at the end, which loving owns.

It was alright. The acting and the character decisions were so perfeclty just off that it was geniunely intriguing as I tried to figure out what the movie was doing but once I figured out what it was doing about half way through the Greek tragedy of Agamemnon and Iphigenia in a modern setting. I guess the title of the movie should have been a giveaway. it lost all its magic and I was just kind of eh about the rest of the movie and none of the drama and tragedy and discomfort landed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RIP to the rapist we forgave because he basketballed good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

I thought LeBron was the one with rape allegations.

He raped a 19 year old girl in Colorado in 2003.

Trigger Warning for the victims recounting of the event
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-bryants-disturbing-rape-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 27, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hercule is the best DBZ character and his bromance with Majin Boo was a highlight of the series.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

it either means you're a liar or you're a lovely writer and a liar.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Magic posted:

Hyped about the Bern y’all

Bernie's going to win and he's going to nationalize WWE.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Big Huski Boi posted:

I haven't seen any of Discovery but people were complaining about Picard being too dark and it made me wonder if everyone just forgot about DS9.

DS9 was a deadly serious show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-pSg1PbPa8

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

Yeah this one thing I enjoyed about TNG and DS9, it wasn’t always high space dramatics, you pretty much lived with the characters. Disco is a much tighter story that rarely leaves the action. It doesn’t really let cool actors do things you’ve never seen them do.

Some of my favorite DS9 episodes, like Rom Starts a Union or Sisko & Co. Become 1950's sci-fi writers, just couldn't exist in the current drama heavy Star Trek and it's a shame that every show has to be Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones and you can't take a week off from advancing the plot to just have the characters do fun and goofy stuff.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 15, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Magic posted:

I feel like fiction invariably has a fascist bent because you have to have a protagonist

https://twitter.com/philgreaves01/status/942709261347500032?lang=en

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Conan the Barbarian
Total Recall
Terminator 1 & 2
Predator
Commando

What I'm saying is that Arnold is our greatest living actor.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I cannot stress this enough: if you are sick then STAY HOME.

"Toughing" it out and showing up to work when sick means at best you are doing the job suboptimally and making things tougher for other people, and at worst you're getting everybody else sick and making things worse for your workplace.

Take the time off, get healthy, come back rested. The work will still be there when you get back.

I already used up my sick days for the year (a full week!), if I get sick again before August then I have to go in or I won't have a home to say home in.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ :stare:

I know I've said it before but I legit just don't understand how this can be a thing anywhere in the world.

My employer is considered very good to their workers for the industry because they hire us as employees with benefits and not independent contractors!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WatermelonGun posted:

moog released their digital mini d synthesizer for free what wrestling storyline should i make a dungeon synth concept album about

The obvious answer is Dungeon of Doom.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CobiWann posted:

Legit, the soundtrack is the best part of that incredibly flawed (but enjoyable to me) game.

CLUTCH! NIXON! RIDING THROUGH THE STORM!

The Hammock reinterpretations of all the gospel songs are incredibly moving, and it's actually one of my favorite "albums" of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjcSAaUzbI

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NienNunb posted:

It's an impossible question to google because you just get fat anime tids. All I want is like a normal, emotionally mature anime show or movie.

This boxing show is cool I like it.

Naoki Urasawa's Monster is a fantastic show that's cool and for adults and is emotionally mature and thematically rich and all that. The basic premise is a doctor in Germany saves the life of a young child, who years later shows up as a dangerous serial killer that the doctor then has to track down and apprehend. Lots of cool mysteries and intrigues and character drama ensues. Lots of cool music and imagery, that you can see right in the opening.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 30, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

yea ok posted:

NienNoob wouldnt like that it's too long for his Noob mind. [continues to brutally insult my dear forum friend for not liking the same things i do]

I figured a longer series would be fine, seeing as how everyone is stuck inside for the forseeable future.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

I remember one of the digimon series getting very adult but that may have been hangover hallucinations

Season 3 has a lovecraftian final villain and deals with issues of loss and depression and was show run by the creator of Serial Experiments Lain and Texhnolyze.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hey can you think of any sort of buildings that might go in a stereotypical Wild West town? So far I have
Doctor
Jail
Saloon/inn
Water tower
Clock tower (maybe?)
Church
Smith
Stables
General store
Mayors place

Train Station
Post Office/Pony Express Station
Brothel

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I cycle through three albums as my "all time favorite" that really just depends on what one I listened to last but I'd have to go with

Saturnus - Paradise Belongs To You
Rotting Christ - Triarchy of the Lost Lovers
Manilla Road - Open the Gates

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Can anyone recommend some good action movies without sex scenes, or bikini’s/strip clubs in them.

The Raid and Police Story

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Are you perhaps referring to the star of the hit Netflix comedy series The Big Show Show, The Big Show?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Found that somebody uploaded all 74 episodes of Naoki Ursawa's Monster to youtube. Spent last night rewatching the first few episodes. One of the best animes out there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I found an archive of CGW online and was browsing through the 2002-2004 issues and got really nostalgic from all the RPG ads so I picked up Icewind Dale II and Pillars of Eternity on GOG. Advertising works. Looking forward to getting nothing done for the next few weeks.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The last like 30 minutes of Come and See where the Nazis burn down the village is the most nightmarish thing I've seen put to film.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My dad and I walked out of Step Brothers so that.

Also Deathstalker. I'm still not sure what the plot was or who anyone was but there was a lot of rape.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cavauro posted:

i was ascared of james and the giant peach

The giant mechanical shark and the rhino terrified me when I was 8.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Star Trek: TNG
Star Trek: DS9

There hasn't been an episode of TV better than The Inner Light except maybe In the Pale Moonlight

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

You're all cool, so if you're in Minneapolis, stay safe out there. The cops are Acting A Fool.

They started shooting tear gas into the crowds around the precinct about half an hour after I left, friend with a police scanner warned me they were coming. Cell signals were being jammed too shortly after apparently.

Minneapolis pigs are racist, reactionary fucks and have been a blight upon this city as long as I've been alive.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Face/Off is a perfect movie.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I for one am very excited for the fall of the American empire.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watch MXC on youtube.

edit: nevermind, the channel that had all the episodes seems to have been deleted.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 29, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I didn't like how one of the main themes underlying infinite was about learning to accept what happened in the past in order to move on and build a better future both internally as a person and for the world around you out of a flawed present, but then the ending said no gently caress that and then you went back in time and stopped everything from happening or something.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The best video game is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Was thinking about this concept last night when describing Twisted Metal to my fiancé/m: what are some games (or movies or shows or whatever) that were huge at their time but have almost zero cultural footprint right now. I was also thinking of Medal of Honor. Like both of those franchises felt decently big when I was an adolescent but are more or less extinct at this point.

Age of Empires, or really, the entire RTS genre. They’ve all been subsumed by MOBAs and even when I bring up playing Warcraft 3 as a kid people will regularly act shocked that there were games prior to WoW.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Also on the shameful canceled artists that we used to love train there was a point in time as a teenager that Burzum was a top 5 band for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Happy birthday Mr. Evans, your laugh is a baum that soothes my soul.