Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

yea ok posted:

a grave misdeed i did once years ago that haunts my subconscious forever

lol wat u do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm really struggling here guys.

Basically I was/am really self conscious about how expensive my laptop is gonna be. My parents have made me feel like money is scarce enough that it's in my head (even though I'd be looking for the machine to last me a long time and obviously I'd be using it a fuckton). I know that we're not that hard up for money for like a lot lot of reasons I won't get into because I think it's inappropriate and tacky but just trust me.

I just feel awful because I feel like I don't deserve it and like I'm imposing. It makes me feel like a piece of poo poo who is draining on them even though logically I know I'm not. I don't like it.

To clarify my parents need to pay for it because I'm not legally allowed to have that much money in assets in my bank account. America gently caress yeah. But I pay rent every month to help my parents out since I live at home in case anyone forgot my situation there.

foochs, people like to help the people they love. it is not a burden on them, they get nice feelings from doing it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

you are worth something

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i stole that off of she-ra: princesses of power but i think it is true

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

I saw the new Star Wars.

here is where you went wrong

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

taking all the jokes out was a bold move

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Do not even ask posted:

avoided the last general thread for reasons i've forgotten by now

it is a cool place to just hang or whatever

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Captain Magic posted:

Cancer killed my dog, just 7 years old. Nicest lady in the world; everyone who met her was blown away by how sweet she was.

gently caress cancer.

dogs are too pure for this loving hellword :(

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Spiderdrake posted:

I also really like Columbo.

:hai:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i hope everybody had an enjoyable holiday my new years resolution is to post more about wrestling on the internet

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

scrooged is good but not great

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i feel like the witcher should have been funnier also the bard character is a neelix-tier irritant

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

there is enough good in the witcher that i will probably finish it some day but i felt like i was being hosed about with to no good purpose. but it is funny when he says "hmm."

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cavauro posted:

nintendo doesn't ask for changes ever since the esrb became fully established, so that it's no longer their fault if a kid sees a religious symbol

don't like half the final fantasy's end with you killing god? i have made no effort to verify this

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the wrestling forum is quietly the most chill and loving of them all

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jiro posted:

Oh poo poo we just witnessed a goon breaking up with another goon via thread post! :sever:

i live for the drama, am nourished by it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i very rarely trek outside of this particular subforum but holy cow how long has the rest of SA been on fire for

its like that town that has had an underground fire raging for years but it has only recently been noticed

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Frasier/Sonic The Hedgehog fanfic

i'm not not intrigued

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

birthday smooches for birthday fooches we all love you man xxxx

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sighing as i draw my squirrelgun

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Drew McIntyre posted:

i spilled water on my razer keyboard the other day and it died. i got a replacement razer that worked until i unplugged it once. i bought another razer on ebay that was the same model as my original, this one also didn't work and had a broken space bar. after returning one keyboard i bought a Corsair and discovered that now my USB ports had stopped working entirely. i've been trying to fix my computer for the past 5 hours and i missed Dynamite and my fingers have to get used to this new keyboard and i think 4 of my usb ports are no longer functional. gently caress razer forever. i hate computers, i'm glad i don't know anything about them that would have helped me in this situation.

i'm sorry for being "real" in this post. please send me some positive energy, or a gift certificate for Rune Factory 5, coming soon for the Nintendo Switch.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

my keyboard is dead & i can "type" like 10 wpm on a lovely app u have my sympy

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm crossposting this from the Disability Thread I made in TGRS because I want my prograps pals to know what I'm going through as well, if you dislike whining from me please feel more than welcome to ignore:

If you read that thank you, either way carry on, god bless

it is hard to judge if your good works are individually achieve anything but you being out there doing it adds to the collective pressure IMO. be well, foochs

Mekchu posted:

Spot was the best character in all of Star Trek.

they recast that dude more than the mountain

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

foochs should start a wrestling promotion

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

flashy_mcflash posted:

My favourite Lovecraft film is Goodfellas

for as long as i can remember, i always wanted to b̞̜̜͍͡e̶̥͍̥͕ a̷̠̘̹̖̞̦ g҉̶̖͓̜̰͙̬͓̺̗̹͍͘a̧̹̰͙̪͓̥n̨͘͟͏̫͈̱̘̼̼͍̼͡g͈͎͎̻̲͍͘͡s̵̡̧̛̬̼̗͎̜̯͇̖̤̮̩t͏̕҉͍̟̭̫͈͇͓̯͡ȩ̸̣̖̱͈̭̗̳̘̮̖̘̮́̀r͘͏͎̳̳͈̝̙͎

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cavauro posted:

frick lovecraft

so racist that olde time white guys were like "jesus, maybe dial it back a little"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it saddens me that getting high and arguing about wrestling on the internet is not valued as paid work by society... if you can even call such a debased thing "society"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think my friend's dad is dying and she's taken time off work to be with him. She messaged me to say she felt bad because she was letting them down when they're busy and seriously gently caress capitalism for making people feel like they have any obligation to their employer especially at times like this.

gently caress dude :(

complete tonal whiplash but goddam some of that dialog is p. loving rough on the picard show

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I thought episode 2 was significantly worse than episode 1, which I didn't particularly care for. They could tone down the lens flare too.

My friend's mom is brain dead from a burst aneurysm, to contribute to the tonal whiplash.

loving hell. i cannot compute my mum being dead she is my favorite person in the whole world

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i cried throughout the good place finale but i also cried like 3 times during loving wonder woman so i am a pretty easy mark

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

gently caress that monster up foochs. wreck their poo poo

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

fooches, i know you have your frustrations but you have built a p. impressive career even if people seem unwilling to, y'know, actually pay you for your efforts

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cavauro posted:

i was showing what posts might happen if you crush my gibs and fibs in with that other poster's meat and deceit like you mentioned SAMURAIFOOCHS. everything has feeling attached and affects the poster 100% earnestly, but is not necessarily based on preexisting truths from before the post

the werner herzog school of posting

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I like Wes Anderson's movie and I hope he keeps making it.

deep truth

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

i got cold feet on quitting and now am spending my weekend pondering what i should do

1) get wrecked
2) get laid
3) binge star trek: the next generation
4 through 8) various permutations of the above

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My partner and I are so perfect for each other it's rather silly. I'm having a rough night but bouying myself with that thought. She's too good for me but drat will I ever take it.

She's one of a handful of people who doesn't remotely ask me to be something else than what I am in ANYTHING. I feel I have to wear a mask so goddamn often. Like I'm always performing. But not with her.

:3:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i only post in the trek threads, are they doing culture wars over the new star wars again?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Shard posted:

Heads up: I'm changing my name from Spikegal to Shard. Also changing avatar.

cool rear end avatar shard

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

eXistenZ is a very 90s title

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

coconono posted:

Quark and Garak are the MVPs of Deep Space 9.

big ye. my only quibble with garak is that they wussed out of him gay romancing bashir and forced him into that lame & unbelievable relationship with dukat's daughter. shameful. lamentable

also quark quietly being the lady's favorite of ds9 owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i am very doubtful this is the way they are going but the picard show needs to come out real strong for trans rights. stop trying to be prestige drama and be star trek you fukken cowards