Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Cavauro posted:

what's better 1995 or 1996.

My favorite hockey team won the Stanley Cup in 1995 so that's my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

PunkBoy posted:

I think we can all agree that Klendathu Drop absolutely slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

C'MON YOU APES, YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

TV Zombie posted:

Watching Speed Racer and it’s an ok movie but man the visuals make my eyes hurt so much. Everything is so bright and fast.

I watched this movie while tripping on acid once, THAT was certainly a good time. Would recommend.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Wu-Tang is for The Child(ren) afterall.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I don't want a sequel I want a movie about the Franchise Wars.

EVERY RESTAURANT IS TACO BELL

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

flashy_mcflash posted:

After a rewatch I think Halt And Catch Fire is better than Mad Men.

Glad I'm not the first to recommend HaCF in here.

Hell on Wheels is dope too.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Endless Mike posted:

There's a Dazed and Confused 2 wtf

Linklater made Everybody Wants Some!! in 2016, which is sort of a spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused. Def worth a watch.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Only movie I ever walked out of was Harold and Kumar 2, I had not seen the first and was dragged to it by people insisting it was funny. Even the way the opening sequence was filmed disgusted me and I left.

Did you smoke any weed beforehand.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I saw live pro wrestling in the backyard of an abandoned house in my town tonight and it was 1000% exactly what I needed in all this. Poly cult #1!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

JOHN CENA posted:

i just dont want to cause a spark that blows me and my vehicle up in a macgruber-esque explosion

Also I don't want gas getting on my paint!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I definitely let out a "yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" when I read that. Glad you found your pal.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Captain Magic posted:

Mostly I remember from the classes that if you cut someone’s top forearm tendons they will be unable to hold a grip and if you cut their bottom forearm muscles they’ll be unable to stop making a fist. Pretty gnarly. Maybe it was the other way around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWb71QCkVE

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Shard posted:

My daughter comes out of her room shouting after her school work: "ok so pretty much everyone from history sucked? Like all the founding fathers? They suck."

#proud

Shard if your daughter is the future we're in good shape.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I had fun with the Mad Max game but it wasn't anything amazing. Worth the 20$ I paid for it though.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The Stroker Ace posted:

They just made Dune part 2 official. October of 2023.

Hell yeah now I'll go see the first one.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, a guy wakes up as a cockroach and feels guilty that he's going to miss work.

:capitalism:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

That DICK! posted:

What could be greater than golf with a gator

Pinball obviously.

I had that game as a kid, I remember it being pretty good!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

It's finally your day J-Ru!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Cavauro posted:

would anyone else like to have a spaghetti meal that is set up like a big spool of yarn. one extremely long spaghy, sauced and meated, in the yarn style.

Yes, but only if the spaghetti is wrapped around a giant meatball.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Cavauro posted:

anybody not have the "cilantro gene" but don't like it on its own merits?

It's me! I'm fine with it incorporated into stuff, I can eat salsa or guacamole with plenty of it fine. You can keep your giant mound of it off of my tacos/etc though.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Endless Mike posted:

Is that it? He's barely a third of the way to mastering performances! What a chump.

Yeah but each one of those performances is 4-5 hours long, so I think it's put the time in.

edit: what a lovely page snype. Have The Boss at the Super Bowl as pennance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBXWXcQvMxk

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I like Fruity Pebbles but the trick is to eat super small bowls, that way you finish before it gets all soggy.

Sausage egg and cheese on a hard roll for me.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Ibexaz posted:

Xtra toasty.... :discourse:

Came here to post this. Once those came out I haven't even bothered with anything else.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I missed out where yinz explained what game that was?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

That DICK! posted:

moon boy dont give a gently caress

What's he fishin' for up there on the moon

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Jerusalem posted:

Kong hasn't had enough of getting his rear end kicked by Godzilla?

It's a buddy cop teamup!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Seams posted:

RDR2 was good because the characters mostly weren’t sociopathic psychopaths but GTA 5 was good because the characters were mostly sociopathic psychopaths.

Dutch has a plan damnit.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I'm gonna take a nap later since I've been up since 530. Then I'm gonna go drink beers with my one friend since she's moving to the other side of town and wants one last hurrah at her local bars. Might eat some wings. Or a pizza. Or both!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Kvantum posted:

It is a bright, beautiful sunny day out, and just yesterday the unscheduled meeting my boss's boss sprang on me with no notice at 3 o'clock on a Friday afternoon was not a "we're having budget cuts, I'm sorry, we have to let you go" downsize surprise out the door into a terrible job market for IT.

It was actually to ask me if I wanted to try and take on some tasks for a job title at least one paygrade above mine, if not two, and if things work out well enough, the just might go ahead and promote me to that title anyway. O_o

Time to play Horizon Forbidden West and drink Scotch.

Just make sure it's not a "yeah you're not getting the promotion/raise but we still need you to do the work anyway" trap. Seen it too many times in IT.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

NienNunb posted:

Might want to try a Miller High Life for the first time this weekend, what do you guys think? The streets are saying it’s the champaign of beers.

IMO, the perfect warm weather beer.

Definitely better out of a glass bottle. The pony bottles are fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Jerusalem posted:

Baseball is always great to watch... as a movie. Love baseball movies. Bored to tears by trying to watch an actual game, but it is the same deal with American football and basketball so I assume it is something to do with how television and advertising affect the structure of the games.

Have you ever gone and seen a game in person? Totally different experience. I love baseball, but watching it on TV was barely tolerable for me until the pitch clock, which helped a bit.