Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ill be real i fully do not understand the hands rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this manu roma match is bananas, dodgy penalties all around

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

should baily be playing he seems to constantly loving up

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

legit feeling a little bad for de gea now

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

rashford had one really bad miss, otherwise he wasn't terrible imo. he did a lot of decent counterplay and his distribution was generally pretty good

the guy who really didn't show up was fernandes, who got completely extinguished by villareal's defensive players. that reasserted man.utd's creativity problem and, combined with how shoddy they are at defending setpieces (especially without maguire), allowed villareal to soldier through by solid organising and sheer hard work. i think a lot of people are overreacting to this match tbh it didn't reveal anything about the team except that they're very reliant on fernandes and maguire, the former of which was well known

solskjær should probably also have made some substitutions before 98 minutes or whenever fred came on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I am no Scholes fan but technically he is right, United should have been hammering Spanish Burnley every time in this match on paper, there is no excuse for failure. I think if you fired Ole at half time they could've won it within the 90, tactically inept for sure.

That said I am glad United lost because of the joy it brought us all.

they did change things up in the second half and run that pretty well, but once they got into extra time villareal's fresher legs reasserted themselves enough to make sure that utd couldn't score, and then they started playing for penalties with a goal keeper notoriously bad at penalties

this must be said to have been a rather questionable decision

e,

yeah pogba should've been out at 60 minutes, he disappeared completely in the second half. i thought mctominay was pretty good throughout, worked very hard and won the corner that led to utd's goal from basically nothing. baily and lindelöf hosed up a lot and demonstrated just how badly man.utd needs reinforcement at centre back.

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 28, 2021