Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

The main problem they had until now was winning against the more defensive orientation of small teams, prevalent in the league.

Have they considered sacking him and hiring Pochettino?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Sometimes even that's a tall ask for fashion icon JLINGZ.

Assist to Fred!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Farteta

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Last time Olympiakos pulled off an upset away from home? The Emirates with a 3-2 win, a certain Arteta was playing.

e: wait, Arteta left City for Arsenal and now Pep has one leg in the semi finals against Real Madrid? :thunk:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

I’ve just watched the Arsenal highlights and lol

I've just seen Olympiakos' first goal and lol

e: for any late viewers (let me know if anyone can't view and doesn't have a VPN)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAJAtF90eI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYjGxSP1ov8

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Just as a reminder, it wasn't that long ago that United drew against 10 men Southampton, and that was the "we lost 9-0" Southampton.

So this was very fun :)

I'll certainly take it over being dumped out at home after bringing back an away goal lead to the 2nd leg lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Wes "human bean" Brown has two champions league medals.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/StretfordPaddck/status/1237369018656456704

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

There’s chat about the first legs being played in both CL and EL and then a review on postponing the second?

Pretty sure ours is definitely shut. Austria is pretty close to Italy maybe that's playing a part :shrug:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Dan James :getin:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Lex Neville posted:

i still think freds pretty bad tbh :colbert:

You'd be wrong

:getin: Mason

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

lmao keeper, 5-0

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Love to hear all the pundits and commentators talk about how important the fans are and have never once said anything about how much fans get loving gouged on tickets

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Nicely worked equaliser by Wolves

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

That's right, it's totally beneath United now but I reserve the option to be all about the Europa League again next year if United crash out of the Champions League!

(I always thought the Europa was poop from a butt)

gently caress this noise, gimme a trophy

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

There’s something slightly off about United’s new kit. I don’t know if it’s the skinny name and numbers but it’s just a bit odd

If you've ever been on a bus it's because you know your arse has been on it OP

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

This game is even worse than I anticipated.

E: lol come on Lingard

Second half has improved

It was James that should've buried that

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bundy posted:

Second half has improved

lol loving hell :stare:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

J:getin:GZ

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Steady Ole, not sure a 5 goal cushion is quite enough to be bringing on Pereira

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sphyre posted:

united got a soft penalty you say? i just can't believe it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

That's an ambitious tattoo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TearsOfPirates posted:

NGL, I kinda feel bad for Colombo.

If he had lost us the pens with that game, his confidence would drop off massively.

Hopefully he can keep at least one eye on things and ask questions of the defence late on

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

jeebus bob posted:

This is the goal that defeated Copenhagen (warning: loud)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oz_aTDFLE4

Not being able to score in the other end didn't help either...

Hahaha this is perfect

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

What does he mean

He means he is baffled why calling players poo poo in the media doesn't make them play better for him

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

T Bowl posted:

Who is the BT Sport commentator with Ian Darke that sounds like a 10 year old boy, is that a lady or something?

Yes it's Karen Carney

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Benfica had someone drive onto their pitch to keep up the long running curse affecting our European opponents, though they apparently didn’t do too much damage.

Didn't know Alonso was trialling with Benfica

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Well,

lol I guess. I don't when these games are but maybe we'll get back to being good by then.

Gonna party like it's 2010 with you clowns

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

c0burn posted:

Imagine playing an ITV region

The one we're actually in too!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

Good ebening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CtNLQeyDRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Gn6d8cSx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bVRUOBtYg8

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Imagine not beating Emery at the Emirates, plenty of others have managed it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

That said lol Arsenal fans already wanting to sack the manager that won a trophy last year and has gone out narrowly to a team with a manager well experienced in this competition at the semi final stage. Also there's been how much turnover above Arteta at the club already? Where exactly do you think you should be at this stage in his second season mid pandemic with the squad he's got?

It's fun to lol at him not getting it right and calling him a lego headed fraud but in all seriousness you're being entitled babies

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

We should be doing better than 9th

Why?

The league table doesn't lie and honestly I can't see a worse squad than Arsenal's above them in the table right now.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

The table doesn't lie, and that is the problem. Everton don't have a better squad. Neither do West Ham. Even Spurs outside of Kane + Son, are very ordinary.

Lol state of this you're fuckin delusional. Outside of Aubamayang who clearly can't be arsed since the new contract Arsenal do not have a first 11 better than Everton nevermind squad. Spurs are ordinary? Nd Arsenal are what, champions in waiting just begging for a better manager? Lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

I've been watching Partey all season and he's been about average. Can't get a single shot on target, hardly a great passer either. There's no threat from central midfield at all.

And at the same time there are two hugely expensive strikers who don't play together.

Money's absolutely being wasted by the club.

Don't think he was bought for his goalscoring. Simeone plays a much different style to Arteta. At 27 you'd be hoping his performance is a result of adjustment and injury than this is his life now.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

EC10 posted:

i would love to see a breakdown from someone who thinks that arsenal have a better squad than everton

cant even name one arsenal player that would be the clear choice in a combined XI, saka or aubamayang maybe? but the latter cant be hosed since signing a new contract and everton have good players in those positions too

Have you switched back to Spurs yet

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Good Ebening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

:bisonyes: