Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

tom cruise gets in an f35 and it flies directly into the ground
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont see how they can make top gun 2 until aeronautics progresses to the point where theres a plane with a fuselage shaped exactly like a penis

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I tried to watch this again as an adult and boy it did not hold up

it's no Willow, but I still like it

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The director of this is Joseph Kosinski, who has nothing but the very forgettable Tron: Legacy and video game ads on his resume. Lol. Plus it's written by 4 people, one of which is the dude who wrote Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they need to sign chuck tingle if its gonna have any continuity with the first movie

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The director of this is Joseph Kosinski, who has nothing but the very forgettable Tron: Legacy and video game ads on his resume. Lol. Plus it's written by 4 people, one of which is the dude who wrote Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

yeah bu t the trailer has piano music at the end and woosh plane fly by.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

All you have to write is "Tom Cruise gets in the plane". That shouldn't take four people.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
find someone who looks at u like tom cruise looks at plane

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

They screwed Kelly McGillis out of her role because even though she's the same age as Cruise she looks like a grandma now. Rude!

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
fuckin lol when he's out fighting russians or better yet some fake post-soviet poo poo hole that somehow still has competent planes

you know, instead of one of the dozens of hellish warzones we're actually fighting in

wouldn't be too exciting to watch dudes fly two hours out, drop ordinance on traffic jam, and then fly back

could have some fun diaper jokes though, i guess

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Iceman lives in a trailer park, drinking and reminiscing about his glory days.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

one of which is the dude who wrote Street Fighter:
Oh? Maybe this will be good after all-

quote:

The Legend of Chun-Li.
Oh. gently caress.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

RaySmuckles posted:

fuckin lol when he's out fighting russians or better yet some fake post-soviet poo poo hole that somehow still has competent planes

you know, instead of one of the dozens of hellish warzones we're actually fighting in

wouldn't be too exciting to watch dudes fly two hours out, drop ordinance on traffic jam, and then fly back

could have some fun diaper jokes though, i guess

This movie would rock

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Doesn't Micheal Ironside really regret being in topgun?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
This is the real Top Gun 2

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk75ps

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

So excited about the John McCain movie

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I thought that deerhunter was the McCain story

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

So excited about the John McCain movie

No, no, Maverick doesn't crash.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Last third of the film: he convinces Goose’s kid to drop out and be a drone pilot. The drone pilot school is run by Iceman, who’ll only let the kid in if Tom beats him in a oily fat old guy netball game. Tom falls badly, we think it’s all over… until the kid starts blasting ‘You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling’ Lloyd Dobler style. Tom makes it!

The kid gets in, passes with flying colours, and blows up a wedding taking place in a nursery run by nuns. Tom and the kid do the hi-five lo-five move and ride off together as ‘Danger Zone’ by Kenny Loggins ft. Kendrick Lamar & Billie Eilish plays over the closing credits.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Maverick, you're probably wondering why we've called you back into action: we need you to napalm an Iraqi wedding while the drones go through a firmware update.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

He’s certainly a “top” gun. Heh

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
how about a drunk guy on acid with coke bottle classes playing with model airplanes for two hours instead?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

will there be another time in game with manual landing and refueling mechanics. I could never get passed those

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

If this takes place in the present day, why does Not Goose still have a gross 80s mustache?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

If this takes place in the present day, why does Not Goose still have a gross 80s mustache?

He's the bottom gun

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Looking forward to the explanation as to why a 68-year old is flying instead of the usual 18 year olds.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nothing with a scientologist in it is ever “alright” OP, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Death To Scientology
Death To Tom Cruise
Xenu Is Great

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Telebite posted:

They screwed Kelly McGillis out of her role because even though she's the same age as Cruise she looks like a grandma now. Rude!

Absolutely nobody will ever complain about the addition of Jennifer Connelly into something, not even the nerds who might be preparing to scream about Top Gun

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I. M. Gei posted:

Nothing with a scientologist in it is ever “alright” OP, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

I. M. Gei posted:

Death To Scientology
Death To Tom Cruise
Xenu Is Great

I listened to the Behind the Bastards podcast about L Ron Hubbard and it was a trip. The man was a liar's liar

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

lilbeefer posted:

^^^no, it was a navy recruitment video, it just so happens the bad guys at the time were soviets

What is the race of the bad guys and what repainted surplus jet are they flying? Are the bad guys fukn libs?

It was also a Trojan Horse designed to make Homosexuality cool.

Also yeah i'm not sure who would be the bad guys in this. I'd say China but they are clearly releasing it there so I doubt it. Russians again maybe?

Also i'm 100% seeing this lovely movie in theatres.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well it BETTER look alright damnit! It took them long enough to come out with the sequel!

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Isn't going from an F-14 to an F-18 a major downgrade? Like a chud with a Chevy Silverado penis extension being forced to trade it in for a pt cruiser?

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Telebite posted:

I looked her up having never thought about her in my life and Jesus Christ I know the Google images are unflattering but she looks like she's 75-80

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Telebite posted:

should have joined the one religion that has access to space-magic age reversing drugs, or possibly vampirism

The director of this is Joseph Kosinski, who has nothing but the very forgettable Tron: Legacy and video game ads on his resume. Lol.

Tony Scott wasn't exactly Stanley Kubrick either

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Telebite posted:

I checked, she's ok with it.

quote:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d401df1e4b01d8c9781365e
Asked by “Entertainment Tonight” recently if the makers of the “Top Gun” sequel offered her a part, McGillis, 62, replied, “Oh my god no. They did not, nor do I think they would ever. I’m old and I’m fat, and I look age-appropriate for what my age is, and that is not what that whole scene is about.”

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Mr. Dick posted:

Isn't going from an F-14 to an F-18 a major downgrade? Like a chud with a Chevy Silverado penis extension being forced to trade it in for a pt cruiser?

Yep but no one wants to hear about it.

True story: Top Gun made me want to join the Navy after my dad, but he always talked me out of the idea and that it was lovely. He was an ATC on two carriers. I want(ed) to fly planes. Its excruciating to me now that even if I didn't succeed as a pilot, I would have definitely made a career of something via the Navy. My dad probably rakes a qtr mil a year, thanks to his resume, in his first non gov job in 30 years and I just hate my life. Op

I almost don't even know if I can bear to watch this film.

Sorry to bring the thread down, carry on.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Mr. Dick posted:

designed for very different missions. no.

his mustache is "in regs" and most mustaches in the military look exactly like that

Amarcarts posted:

It sucks that he's in the Navy because F-18s are really really really obsolete for air superiority. Whenever they do war games the F-22 kill ratios are astounding.

That's not at all true about the Hornet. Also the Hornet isn't an air superiority fighter. Also the F-22 doesn't fly off carries. Also AIM-120s are a massive playing field leveler.

Telebite posted:

she actually said she wouldn't have done it anyway!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Something something DANGER ZONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Sunswipe posted:

Speaking of: why are we getting this poo poo instead of an Airwolf movie?

best theme song ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwmf-wx8VQ