Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinderful
Feb 12, 2006

cda posted:

it's going to be funny when you realize these guys aren't kidding either

Please god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Cinderful posted:

Please god

When you think about it, the visual image of Nick and Adam spooning together and having sex is pretty "funny"
I'm having a good "laugh" right now thinking about it. It's a tingly kind of laughter

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

Bad Purchase posted:

yeah, very easy for you to claim you laugh when you're alone. funny how there's never a witness around to corroborate it.

drat touche

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
You're not alone though. They've said before that one of the show's main functions is a Friend Simulator, so actually I'm not laughing at an ad read for a German online betting company founded by a Louisiana slave plantation owner by myself.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
tee hee *roffle*

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I listen to the "Patreon exclusive" episodes sometimes for free on YouTube because there's no ad reads and they're occasionally pretty funny.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Not only do I laugh aloud by myself, I also hold two sided conversations and frequently emit observations into the air around me to no one in particular. Talking to myself, talking to the universe, heck maybe I'm talking to a god.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Bad Purchase posted:

it has nothing to do with feeling the humor, i'll still smile when stuff is funny and if it's really good it can make my eyes water, i just don't react with involuntary audible laughter

were there parts of your home growing up you weren't allowed to be in, for example a room where your parents kept antique furniture and dishware that were never used, or maybe a bathroom that had decorative soaps you weren't allowed to use

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nope. my parents got mad if we made noise while they were sleeping or working (my dad had a home office for a while), but i don't remember it being super severe.

thinking about all the times i've had roommates in my life, i can't ever remember hearing someone laughing alone in their room. i think that would've stood out, but maybe not. whether someone laughs alone or not isn't something i've ever cared or thought about until i saw multiple posts in this thread and it dawned on me how foreign it seemed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if someone's ability or desire to laugh is based on whether or not anyone is there to see and hear it, that's just as normal as the regular way. It truly doesn't matter.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
This is one of those weird things where a goon can’t understand that people can visualize things in their mind or whatever.

I don’t think not laughing out loud alone makes you a humorless weirdo, but people definitely do laugh alone, including me!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yeah, i don't give a gently caress. all i was saying is it was weird to me, but it also seems i'm the weird one to people who laugh by themselves.

in summary, who gives a poo poo

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Not only do I laugh aloud by myself, I also hold two sided conversations and frequently emit observations into the air around me to no one in particular. Talking to myself, talking to the universe, heck maybe I'm talking to a god.

my life is a sitcom without an audience

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I yell “I’m gonna punch myself in the face” anytime I think of something embarrassing

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

That DICK! posted:

I yell “I’m gonna punch myself in the face” anytime I think of something embarrassing

That's cool I tell myself to go gently caress myself

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ever do that movie thing where you stare at yourself in the mirror, intoxicated, and just start cursing yourself out? That's some wild breakdown poo poo, can't remember what movie I saw that in.

Yeah the sitcom thing, that's pretty accurate actually. Thanks.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think my favourite part about the show is how hard Nick can make Stav laugh. Is Stav is laughing hard I'm laughing hard. Get blue chew.

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

great big cardboard tube posted:

I listen to the "Patreon exclusive" episodes sometimes for free on YouTube because there's no ad reads and they're occasionally pretty funny.

the ad reads can be the funniest parts

tried to find the thursday boots one on youtube but no luck

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
also, speaking of bits when you laugh so hard you have to pull the car over

https://youtu.be/dhbrHVqri-o

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

BasicLich posted:

were there parts of your home growing up you weren't allowed to be in, for example a room where your parents kept antique furniture and dishware that were never used, or maybe a bathroom that had decorative soaps you weren't allowed to use

please explain

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

please explain your forbidden room psychological profiling theory

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Bad Purchase posted:

do people really laugh out loud listening to comedy when they're by themselves? that kinda weirds me out, but maybe i'm the weird one who only laughs out loud when with a social group, and never when i'm alone.

unless i'm caught completely off guard by something funny and unexpected, then i might let out a little. but when i'm watching or listening to something i know is supposed to be funny, the most i'll ever react by myself is one or two of those little nose puffs, and usually not even that.

"There is an idea of a Bad Purchase. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there."

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
fart

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

i saw no one posted this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIHyF7UWY4

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Charles Ingalls posted:

also, speaking of bits when you laugh so hard you have to pull the car over

https://youtu.be/dhbrHVqri-o

"Your honor Id like to psych that from the record" rofl nick is so fuckin quick goddamn

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

jimmyjams posted:

"There is an idea of a Bad Purchase. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there."

you're trying to compare me to patrick bateman for not laughing alone, but here is a famous poster depicting him laughing alone, so perhaps it is all of you who are the patrick batemans

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Some people recommend me Cum Town but then I look at threads like this

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

credburn posted:

they're no chapo, but they have their moments

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0VoaE9ll4k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

credburn posted:

If you clicked on the links and didn't laugh then I suppose this isn't for you, I am sorry.

I'm now going to get high and laugh really hard but also as quietly as possible because my limbo gf will be asleep.