Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The campaign-ending Howard Dean scream is pretty close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
It's a lovely dumb joke that instantly takes me out of every movie it appears in.

Let's get rid of it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Wilhelm Scream is a good tradition to remind people that movies are silly bits of fiction and it's cool that it has carried on for decades

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
A newborn babe, fresh out of the womb: "Waaaaaah I don't like the scream sound it ruins my precious immersion

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if a baby's first cry was the wilhelm scream. The parents would laugh and high five and if there was video it would be the worlds viralest video. The kid could retire by the age of 1

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Icochet posted:

Imagine if a baby's first cry was the wilhelm scream. The parents would laugh and high five and if there was video it would be the worlds viralest video. The kid could retire by the age of 1

Nah, the parents would take all the money and the kid would enter kindergarten as one of those weird cautionary-tale washed-up child stars

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah like I'm just going to toss my comprehensive F-troop collection in the dang garbage.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Icochet posted:

wilhelm would sue that baby into a 4th trimester abortion

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure wilhelm is dead. The scream was a rare recording of one of the kaiser's many accidents caused by his helmet

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I think sound editors should start inserting the jimmy carr laugh into canned laughter snippets

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mooey Cow posted:

Does getting poked in the butt really hurt that bad? :thunk:

Bend over while I unzip my trousers and we'll find out. :biglips:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I loving hate the “Diddy Laugh” even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXalPcxOUVU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

dracky posted:

I never noticed it until people kept talking about the famous movie joke scream. Now I hear it everywhere and it's distracting everytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yisws5rKoo

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

TheKingofSprings posted:

A newborn babe, fresh out of the womb: "Waaaaaah I don't like the scream sound it ruins my precious immersion

A smart and tasteful internet cultural connoisseur: I make fun of people who have grown tired of the hilarious and brilliant comedy of The Wilhelm Scream after hearing it for the billionth time. A billion more times I say! I love hearing the same joke over and over and over and over and over.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 18, 2019