Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Mox Hombre posted:

Man the Beowulf shield aspect is fun as hell. in the middle of my run I learned that you can put three casts into it at once, ho boy. what's your favorite cast to put on it? I did poseidon and it was great, just bullrush in and make a big splash. if any jive turkeys are left standing, just throw the shield (with ares on special) to finish them off.

I also tried the final blade aspect and it's also fun as heck, although it takes more getting used to. I didn't like the hidden spear aspect though, felt very fragile and clunky

Artemis or aphrodite are great on beowulf cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD

Oxxidation posted:

FO1 is negligible, i barely notice it except when EM3 asterius tries to bull-rush me

any higher than that and you will very often find yourself in situations where enemy attacks/movement outpace you without hermes' assistance

IMO, FO1 turns flame chariots from annoyances into threats; FO2 turns them from threats into

(e) especially at one dash

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 20, 2020

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I haven't tried Forced Overtime, but I have had Benefits Package give speed to a room of witches, and I did not like it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

Speed elites on FO2 is probably the dumbest thing in the game. Ok armor gen witches is the dumbest but I havent personally seen that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My experiences with Forced Overtime made it feel like anything but negligible, specifically on the final boss

It's not so bad on the rest of the game, but it turned the final boss from a fight I can pretty confidently handle into me just getting bodied hard. I did eventually beat him on FO1 just for the prophecy but I dread turning it on again.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Harrow posted:

My experiences with Forced Overtime made it feel like anything but negligible, specifically on the final boss

It's not so bad on the rest of the game, but it turned the final boss from a fight I can pretty confidently handle into me just getting bodied hard. I did eventually beat him on FO1 just for the prophecy but I dread turning it on again.

I've definitely fumbled the final boss on gimme runs with FO more than I feel like I should since I've started to use it regularly

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

YOU CAN STOMP US!

YOU CAN SQUASH US!

BUT YOU'LL NEVER EVER STOP US!

Bug Squash posted:

Tried out EM4 for the first time, while fishing for duo boons to fill out prophesies.

I'm uh... going to need to come back with a full no, gently caress you dad build for this I think. Chiron bow with Artemis special and Aphrodite normal to rack up damage boosts is probably my best bet, plus a cast to trigger Privileged Status.

Update: gently caress me that was hard. I didn't get an ideal build but it was still pretty good, and even then I won with only double digits health left. I'll be turning that down to EM3 for the foreseeable future I think.

Glare Seethe
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

No Wave posted:

Speed elites on FO2 is probably the dumbest thing in the game. Ok armor gen witches is the dumbest but I havent personally seen that.

With Benefits Package 2 I once had a Tartarus room of speed + armor numbskulls that straight up ended my run. I didn't have any boons on my Rail yet so they were actually unkillable.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bug Squash posted:

Update: gently caress me that was hard. I didn't get an ideal build but it was still pretty good, and even then I won with only double digits health left. I'll be turning that down to EM3 for the foreseeable future I think.

i think he's a lot less intimidating on subsequent tries because you go in there just expecting to deal with a souped-up third phase and get blindsided by all the crazy new poo poo he pulls out in phases 1 and 2

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Have the praises of the Rocket + Cluster bomb combo been sung in here yet?
I got it by accident last night.

I was filling out hammer boons for the prophecy list, so I picked up Spread Fire and Explosive Fire, fully expecting to die sometime around the end of Elysium. I added Aphrodite to Special and waited for the run to fail.

Somehow I got to Styx, and I saw the hammer reroll option in the shop. Sure, why not? Gonna die to to the endboss anyway, right?

It took away Explosive Fire and gave me Rocket Bomb and Cluster Bomb.

I've never wrecked the endboss' face quite so hard. I'm not sure if he even hit me. I definitely still had all of my DD's at the end of the fight.

For those of you who played in Early Access, was there ever a version where you could reroll hammer boons? It seems like it would be way too powerful for regular runs, but I'd really like to be able to experiment with some of the potential combinations.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

So I just figured out that the hidden aspect for the Sword has an unlisted effect: the defensive/slow-projectiles aura from the special also disables traps/hazards. Spike traps grey out, lava doesn't hurt, elysium&styx statues touched by the aura don't fire. It makes a few fights/maps significantly easier to handle.