Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

Just a poor man's Park Ji Sung

Leapord

nah sorry, artemis is my bae, gonna hang out in the woods and crit some woodland critters and not socially interact at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Clear off, fatso, this is a respectable establishment

The romance options don't exclude each other and it's fine to not go there if you don't want to. Follow your heart.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

You never know
just how you look
through other people's eyes

Hey, I finally beat that bastard! Now I can break free of that cyc--

Oh

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Eau de MacGowan posted:

nah sorry, artemis is my bae, gonna hang out in the woods and crit some woodland critters and not socially interact at all
I'm pretty sure Artemis is only into nymphs but she'll hang out with you anyway.

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Isn't Artemis your cousin.

(I realise that's probably the least hosed up Greek pantheon relationship but still.)

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I mean the actual romance options are sort of Zag's siblings...

They're gods, it's fine.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

QuarkJets posted:

Of the base weapons I'm pretty sure sword is the highest DPS but probably the most dangerous to use. That's its niche, raw damage potential and the ability to prep your Special right before you dash is a cool trick

Is this true? I know the basic sword combo with absolutely no modifiers deals 75 damage (20 + 25 + 30), which is the same for the 5-hit combo for Fists (15 each hit) but I've never actually timed them or done the testing to determine how the DPS compares when you also figure in their openers (e.g. Dash-Upper for Fists).

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

PRETTY SURE THAT ONE'S SARCASM, BOSS

The third hit of the sword combo is pretty dangerous and usually not worth using.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD

Organza Quiz posted:

I mean the actual romance options are sort of Zag's siblings...

They're gods, it's fine.

it's fine, they're adopted! step-siblings at mo-[is destroyed in nuclear fireball]

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The third hit of the sword combo is pretty dangerous and usually not worth using.

I had a good run going once with the hammer that makes that third hit 200% stronger. Only the once tho

Also if I'm playing Excalibur, if I have to take it on the chin to get that third 300-base-damage slice so be it

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

What are you doing step god of death

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD

realtalk though, the writing has been very good as usual through the romances I've seen. one thing i'm wondering, though, is there any divergent development or dialogue beyond the initial scene if you go the just-friends routes? a (dim) excuse for a third save, on Hell Mode, perhaps...????

this game's going to be an every-day sort for a long time

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

HopperUK posted:

The romance options don't exclude each other and it's fine to not go there if you don't want to. Follow your heart.

I like when Achilles says something like “You’re all immortal gods. Monogamy doesn’t suit you.”

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007
The Sigil of Delegátes

TravelLog posted:

Is this true? I know the basic sword combo with absolutely no modifiers deals 75 damage (20 + 25 + 30), which is the same for the 5-hit combo for Fists (15 each hit) but I've never actually timed them or done the testing to determine how the DPS compares when you also figure in their openers (e.g. Dash-Upper for Fists).

Sword gets hammer options that are enormous multiplicative damage boosts (200% backstab damage, Flurry Slash, Colossus Chop) which gets it spiking higher than the fists if you can stay in the sweet spot

Fist hammers tend to increase AoE coverage and general utility - far fists are a really nice QOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

I WILL DERAIL ANY THREAD TO DEFEND PEOPLE WHO CHEAT ON THEIR SPOUSES BECAUSE I THINK THEY CAN DO NO WRONG. DO NOT LISTEN TO ME. I AM FUCKING STUPID.

Fun Shoe

One of my favorite bits is when you're chatting with achillies and he's like "yeah I'm guessing you're the god of blood probably? You've got the stones, you bleed red, eh I dunno."