Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

The gun + the hammer that limits you to 6 shots is absolute garbage.

Hwurmp posted:

I think it might have some potential on Eris with Rocket Bomb, but I'd absolutely take Delta Chamber over it any day.

It's quite strong with Hestia as well, since you want to constantly reload anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I'm still having fun with the game doing chill runs at 15 heat (EM4 + FO1) but the only thing I have left to do is get all the chaos fish and filling out my Erebus codex entry. How long will 50 entries into Erebus take? Feels like forever.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

WarpedLichen posted:

I'm still having fun with the game doing chill runs at 15 heat (EM4 + FO1) but the only thing I have left to do is get all the chaos fish and filling out my Erebus codex entry. How long will 50 entries into Erebus take? Feels like forever.

I dunno if 6 per run is possible but I've seen 2 in one area

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Harold Fjord posted:

It's quite strong with Hestia as well, since you want to constantly reload anyway.

Hestia reload changes the shot so the first hit isn't a shotgun blast. I had trouble getting used to wanting to stay at range for the Hestia shot/reloading, then needing to be close for the shotgun blast.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
every pick has a scenario where it works and nothing is useless.

except the ones that give you +armor damage, which is useless against bosses

except once you get to the point that you're fighting heavily armored and minibuffed enemies, even those begin to look enticing....

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Impermanent posted:

except the ones that give you +armor damage, which is useless against bosses

Not against Dad, the phase where he summons wretches with hyper armor is easily the worst part of the fight and I vastly prefer the second phase over that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So if I'm still trying to collect nectars to give to people, Dark Foresight is a bad mirror upgrade to have on right? Since it will increase the chance of seeing non-consumable rewards.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So if I'm still trying to collect nectars to give to people, Dark Foresight is a bad mirror upgrade to have on right? Since it will increase the chance of seeing non-consumable rewards.

Yes, except for the one time you have to use it for the prophecy

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

crepeface posted:

Hestia reload changes the shot so the first hit isn't a shotgun blast. I had trouble getting used to wanting to stay at range for the Hestia shot/reloading, then needing to be close for the shotgun blast.

I didn't notice but I'm p. hardcore

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hypnos's bond is gated behind multiple conversations with Thanatos and Nyx and holy gently caress Night Mom and Death Bro just aren't giving me them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

B E E T L E

F U N G U S ?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Hypnos's bond is gated behind multiple conversations with Thanatos and Nyx and holy gently caress Night Mom and Death Bro just aren't giving me them.

thanatos, nyx, and dusa

i think his bond might be at the intersection of more characters than any other, which is why it takes an eternity to unlock

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oxxidation posted:

thanatos, nyx, and dusa

i think his bond might be at the intersection of more characters than any other, which is why it takes an eternity to unlock

Oh hey Than, wanna talk about Hypnos being competent - no? you want to talk about how much you loving hate the river? okay cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Elysium midboss is a sneaky little fucker. I focus on the big butterfly ball of death and just so happen to miss the eyes in the corner until they're all spawning their dudes. :|

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gotta love the 4 blood run.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Funky Valentine posted:

Same here. I’m also having a hell of a time catching Eurydice alone to give her ambrosia.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Magnet fists with all the Poseidon knockback boons and the Zeus duo boon is hilariously destructive and tons of fun. Worthless against bosses and actively detrimental against the final boss because the special takes too long on overtime 1, but yo-yoing enemies into walls while they explode, bounce, then explode some more and get struck by lightning is great.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright, cool, Thanatos we need to talk about Hypnos - *sigh* yes I know sisyphus yes thank you for giving him another chance.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
killing hades while afk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rhu1p0Ck9M

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Thanks for all the cast advice earlier today: I tried Artemis and couldn't get her cast to feel anything but gutless, but then I had a run with Poseidon's and it ruled. Will probably try Ares next.

Post epilogue question: After Persephone leaves to rejoin her mom because of the feast compromise, does she ever come back if you do enough runs? Or is she just gone for good?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Sydin posted:

Post epilogue question: After Persephone leaves to rejoin her mom because of the feast compromise, does she ever come back if you do enough runs? Or is she just gone for good?

Yeah, she'll come back. She basically goes up to Olympus every now and then but always comes back after a few runs.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cool, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks!

As an aside the amount of unique dialogue in this game is staggering. I've put close to 100 hours into this game and somehow I'm still getting new dialogue after each run.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m getting pretty close to maxing out most aspects I care about but I am starting to hit walls in heat. Like at 17 heat with the sword I died to the last boss (not EM4 either) And it seems to be the point where I really have to think about my weapon/keepsake/boon selection instead of just running whatever and eventually making it work

I haven’t even tried the forced overtime pacts yet I should probably give those a try

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

In the last room of the last wing of Styx, miserable at 1190 gold. Scouring the room for a gold jar. Remembering the one in Tartarus that I saw after already selecting my exit.

Dejected, I give up, and warp back to the main chamber...

..and Side Hustle triggers for 16 gold.

I go buy the Titan's Blood and immediately go upstairs and die to dad because whoops I hosed my build up way earlier.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Figured I couldn't do worse than my streak of three losses so I tried a run with just EM4 to see it.

Not the best build in the world, Eris rail but with Ricochet Fire and Targeting System. At least, I decided Targeting System was the best of these options:

Had a powerful Athena call with Hermes' Quick Favor meant I was running a lot of the fight in noclip mode and only lost 1 DD. Really sold me on Athena's call, cheesy as it is.

Not looking forward to trying it when more stakes are on the line or with a more melee weapon. Though maybe next run I won't burn my summons by accident from forgetting LT vs RT.

I would definitely recommend anyone try EM4 at least once because the buildup to the third phase music is absolutely incredible

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I still haven't gotten Poseidon to unlock his final heart. I've caught a fish and then switched to his keepsake to try to get him to appear, but that doesn't seem to work.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I got to the hydra first time and it kicked my rear end, but only through attrition 😤

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Love it when a good cast build just comes together.

This was just disgusting, it was usually wiping out the tunnel rooms by the time I finished dropping my third cast. It started off as a pretty good Chiron run as I got the +4 arrows on special hammer and Artemis special in the first couple of rooms but by then end of the run I didn't even have time to start firing the bow.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Tried out EM4 for the first time, while fishing for duo boons to fill out prophesies.

I'm uh... going to need to come back with a full no, gently caress you dad build for this I think. Chiron bow with Artemis special and Aphrodite normal to rack up damage boosts is probably my best bet, plus a cast to trigger Privileged Status.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
aw man the zeus shield is ridiculous

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why doesn't hermes give you a gift that lets him be your next boon when all of the rest do?

Lol finally got hades a second time and it was basically a better version of the exact build I had the first time I beat him :sigh: . I had to do all 5 styx dungeons including the small vermin and the other boss to get the cerberus treat, which was a first, but didn't even end up having to use more than one death defiance because I was extremely op.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hermes is special, he kind of follows similar rules to the hammer

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
It's a little awkward that as I learn more about the game my runs are taking longer, not shorter. A lot of pausing in front of two doors trying to remember what gods are present and who else I might want to show up and how.

I haven't gotten as far as planning for specific Duos to show up because I think I would be too bummed if they didn't.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I swear that poo poo spawns in when you hit exit. I scour the room and I still somehow miss everything until I'm strolling out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Scholtz posted:

In the last room of the last wing of Styx, miserable at 1190 gold. Scouring the room for a gold jar. Remembering the one in Tartarus that I saw after already selecting my exit.

Dejected, I give up, and warp back to the main chamber...

..and Side Hustle triggers for 16 gold.

I go buy the Titan's Blood and immediately go upstairs and die to dad because whoops I hosed my build up way earlier.

Side Hustle is lowkey the most powerful boon

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sivart13 posted:

Figured I couldn't do worse than my streak of three losses so I tried a run with just EM4 to see it.

Not the best build in the world, Eris rail but with Ricochet Fire and Targeting System. At least, I decided Targeting System was the best of these options:

Had a powerful Athena call with Hermes' Quick Favor meant I was running a lot of the fight in noclip mode and only lost 1 DD. Really sold me on Athena's call, cheesy as it is.

Not looking forward to trying it when more stakes are on the line or with a more melee weapon. Though maybe next run I won't burn my summons by accident from forgetting LT vs RT.

I would definitely recommend anyone try EM4 at least once because the buildup to the third phase music is absolutely incredible

Not even gonna spoiler it

Remember the first time you fought Tartarus boss and you realized this whooole time the Tartarus theme was building up to the boss fight crescendo?

EM4’s theme is like that, but for the whole game. Such a cool fight but so much harder than the 4 heat it gives unfortunately

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Man the Beowulf shield aspect is fun as hell. in the middle of my run I learned that you can put three casts into it at once, ho boy. what's your favorite cast to put on it? I did poseidon and it was great, just bullrush in and make a big splash. if any jive turkeys are left standing, just throw the shield (with ares on special) to finish them off.

I also tried the final blade aspect and it's also fun as heck, although it takes more getting used to. I didn't like the hidden spear aspect though, felt very fragile and clunky

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Okay so I think I've definitely gotten better at boon selection and build building... back during my midgame I used to run the pact that lets you sell boons reasonably often, because I liked having extra money and was scared of any of the pacts that make enemies more actually difficult. I never really minded it because I always had a boon or two that I wasn't fond of and could sell.

I just tried it again tonight and hated it, all of my boons were good and worked with my build and I totally gimped my build selling them and ended up losing to the endboss when I didn't even have FO on. I think in the 100 or so runs between then and now I've learned how to actually pick boons and that gods I used to avoid and only pick up auxiliary boons for are actually great and can become integral parts of my builds. So selling any of them felt awful because I was selling dio call instead of positive outlook or something (I used to think dio's hangover boons were bad somehow??).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’ve been trying out Forced Overtime 1and it’s not terrible? Expecting to eat my words when I get to Hades

Especially because this run I decided to do EM4 hades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’ve been trying out Forced Overtime 1and it’s not terrible? Expecting to eat my words when I get to Hades

Especially because this run I decided to do EM4 hades

FO1 is negligible, i barely notice it except when EM3 asterius tries to bull-rush me

any higher than that and you will very often find yourself in situations where enemy attacks/movement outpace you without hermes' assistance