Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Hey, so I can get past Theseus, but then I have no idea what's happening. I go in one of 5 rooms in Styx, fight my way through 3 rooms. Then I die instantly from poison accumulation or something? I don't know what's killing me but it eats my whole health bar in a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Sorry if it's been asked before which it most definitely has, but what do I need Ambrosia for? The wretched broker has one Ambrosia for two diamonds, and one Titan blood for one ambrosia. I figured I'd turn these two diamonds into Titan blood and I just want to know if that's even worth it, or if I should hold on to the ambrosia.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I got my first clear by cheesing Hades with the shield. No other boss seems to let you just hide in a corner, but Hades just doesn't have any way around it. Felt dirty about it, but at least now I can start running heat for more diamonds.

Edit: I'll also mention here that my build was a mess, but it doesn't matter when your opponent literally cannot hurt you.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 11, 2020

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

In the meantime try raising 1200 obols before you leave Styx, so you can buy the extra Blood or Diamond that's always up for sale.

How?! How do you save up so much? I'm always spending money on lunch boxes, and it's hard to pick money over any other resources. I assume once I'm done collecting darkness, keys and gems it becomes the only thing worth picking up. But early game money is hard to justify.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

So something about this game just clicked for me and now I can make it to the Hades boss fight reliably. It's still kind of 50/50 whether I beat them or not. I was even able to afford a diamond from the last shop and still beat them. Though in one run I was three obels short for the Titan blood.

I just had a quick question about a duo ability.
Aphrodite and Aris have a duo that states "your doom effects hit continuously" and I was wondering if anyone had a chance to figure out what the hades that means? Does it just hit multiple times with the full doom effect? Or is it dividing it and turning it into an over time effect?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

I just had a major lol run. Athena's invulnerability call mixed with Zeus/Aphrodite, "your god bar is ¼ but charges in 5 sec "+ Athena legendary "overshield/20seconds" and a ton of damage resist made me essentially invincible and I just pummeled Hades with some mediocre fists.

Then in another run I got to my tenth fight with Hades, and by accident also had my mirror perks flipped which left me no chance of winning, but would completely fill out the other half of the prophecy.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Her cast though... Woo, it sucks. I think I found it useful precisely once, when I had extra casts from Chaos and the rapid-fire cast boon from Hermes, so it became kind of a shotgun blast. But I wouldn't want it on anything other than a fist or sword run, and even then I'd probably prefer a long-range cast for utility.

It works decent with load-casts like on the bow aspect. You can load all casts into one arrow and fire it.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh yeah, but those types of things are the exception, not the rule. My favorite was using the shield that loads casts, Dionsys' cast, quick respawning casts from Hermes, an extra cast from Chaos, and the hammer upgrade that makes your bull rush a projectile. I think that was the fastest I ever melted bosses - they just kept getting double 800 damage clouds in their faces.

I got the bow with Legendary seeking blade rifts. Was about as fire and forget as it gets.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Harrow posted:

I assume it does, but since I can't test it right now: does Poseidon Sword's special trigger the damage from Exit Wounds?

Just ran this build and it works decent. Though you kinda end up doing this one-neat-trick over and over. Always stop by chaos for their cast boons with it.

My roommate has taken to using the Zeus duo, "cast crystals emit lighting on the ground" to make fire and forget builds and then just runs in circles.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Something clicked and now I haven't lost a single game for 20b runs. I think Dark Foresight and the legendary/duo mirror perk made all the difference. Still working on summons.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

My favorite chill way to play is to try and max out my treasure find in a single run. Basically just means playing 0 heat, re-rolling chaos boons for Eclipse, and finding Poseidon's Ocean's Bounty. I've gotten it over +200% for darkness and gems, and if you're real lucky you can get a side hustle with it and buy some extra treasure out of the wells. I've already got all the extra badges and I'm only missing like 3 items for the house.

I also got bored and documented the base damage for the final Rail aspect. It's p much just linear growth (10,11,12,12,13..) to a max of 25 (10 base +15) on the final shot. What's weird is there's 21 DMG ticks, but only 20 ammo. So there's some rounding around shot 16, to account for 7 shots/sec across the 3 seconds total fire time. Also the beams strength isn't total fire time, but continuous contact with a single target.

Also the bows dash-attack has a faster draw time but reduced DMG and I didn't notice until I unlocked the final aspect.

Still can't beat a run with Giga fist. Despite it being one of the strongest attacks in the game. Pretty much my only losses.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 30, 2020

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Serephina posted:

Isn't that 350,000 darkness? How is that possible without finishing the gems first?

Think you got an extra 0 on that. I have over 50,000 and the resources director has disappeared, I was told I'm a good boy for helping, and the mirror is already full. The only darkness in my inventory is the amount in excess of 50k.

Also side note, the only person I have left to give ambrosia to is Hermes and his heart lock is still up. What am I missing? I even won his bet. I'm guessing I just have to put his keepsake back on and talk to him, but does anyone know for sure?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Serephina posted:

https://hades.gamepedia.com/Resource_Director

I'm at the 4.5k mark right now and I've put about 35k into it. What was the last you spent on it?

Oh crazy that's alot. I got to unseen Warden and then he just vanished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Save all your nectar for death. You won't regret it.

The god.. not the concept.